• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Fire intentionally set inside ballot box in Baldwin Park, officials say

BALDWIN PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Investigators are searching for the person who set a fire inside a ballot drop box in Baldwin Park on purpose, potentially compromising dozens of votes.

The incident happened around 8 p.m. Sunday near Baldwin Park and Ramona boulevards in front of the city's public library.

lol @ Trump supporter in comments. "Probably vandalism by cholitos or homeless" fuck off

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the investigators can notify the people whose ballots got damaged or destroyed before the election.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Of all the states to try and sabotage polling boxes why California? That state would never turn red no matter how much interference you ran.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, why even bother in CA

Idiots

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I was waiting for this, trump has been getting his base into the mindset that anything but voting in person is fraudulent and I was wondering when someone would try and fuck with these boxes because they assumed it would be democrat voters voting via them, especially after that thread of CA state demanding that the Republicans of california stop using their fake boxes.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Another of the cheetos self fulfilling prophesies... We're going to have beyond record shattering attempts at vote fraud (telling people to vote twice) and tampering (these fires, fake ballot boxes)... Literally destroying the only democratic part of our country.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
My parents once got a plastic bag with the corner of an envelope containing their return address on it. It was probably June or July and was from a mother's day card for my grandmother that they'd dropped off in a box outside a post office. Someone had put a bomb in the box and I guess after cataloging it the investigators returned it to notify my parents that it never reached its destination.

Hopefully this moves more quickly.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I had been worrying about this idea, like what's causing someone from burning ballot boxes on near to election day. I didn't want to write about it because like, I dunno, I didn't want to plant the seed of it.

Hope they catch the people who did it.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I had been worrying about this idea, like what's causing someone from burning ballot boxes on near to election day. I didn't want to write about it because like, I dunno, I didn't want to plant the seed of it.

Hope they catch the people who did it.
That's what worries me about this too, it might give others ideas, or embolden them across the country... unless the perpetrators are severely punished.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I expect we'll see a lot of similar incidents like this leading up to and especially on election day. President and his ilk have been stoking the fears and anger of supporters for months and years now and there's going to be a lot of shit heads pulling shit all over.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the states to try and sabotage polling boxes why California? That state would never turn red no matter how much interference you ran.

That's why it's the perfect place for Republicans to pull this kind of stuff. They can actively try create distrust in the process without risking hurting themselves.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I am almost willing to bet vital parts of my anatomy that if they ever find the person, said person will end up being a Trumper.

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Trump cultists spooked, I hope for our American fellow posts that they are successful in firing Trump from office

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is my initial thought. Seems like a waste of time. Only potential strat I can see is forcing retaliation which they'll take to court to set a nationwide precedent.

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
oh nooooo how did I not expect this. If this happens again, time to worry.

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Most states let you track whether your absentee/mail-in ballot has been received, right? Hopefully, anyone affected by this is able to notice something wrong in time make a backup voting plan.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
oh god. dont give them any ideas.
Trump, on his way out of the White House...
hith-british-burn-washington-dc-200-years-ago.jpg

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Make sure to check the status of your ballot online! Mine is nice and validated and waiting patiently to be counted.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I want to know is if those fake boxes are all set up in front of cameras. Given the businesses involved I'd assume so.

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
Crazy seeing this in a city that is literally less than 10 minutes away from me. Once your vote is counted do you get a notification?

Dreezy

Oct 27, 2017
damn.. the one by my house had a cop there, I assumed they were watching them 24/7, guess not!

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Crazy seeing this in a city that is literally less than 10 minutes away from me. Once your vote is counted do you get a notification?
Yes, and I assume that everybody that is choosing to vote by mail rather than early-in-person or day-of are savvy enough to await that incoming notification. I'm sure word will get around to everybody who voted via that method at that particular location either through news stories, word-of-mouth, or the absence of a confirmation.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
How crazy is election day going to be? Just get in and get out, or vote early if you can. Don't risk contact with the lunatics.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Dry run for other states, I suspect. It's pretty pointless to do this in California but enough of it in a swing state could move the needle just enough to matter.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid this is going to happen more as we get closer to the election. Hopefully people pay attention to their local news and can resubmit.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I'm bringing my mail in ballot to the election board.

I dont trust the mail w/ these rogue carriers and Trump fuckery and I dont trust the ballots in the boxes will make it.

That said, my ballot was allegedly mailed to me on the 14th and it hasn't arrived yet.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is why, even with the USPS ratfuckery, I'm mailing my ballot in. Just gotta get it in the mail earlier and I expect it'll be safer. In years past I've put it off and dropped it in a box a day or two before (Washington state, mail-in 4lyfe), but this year I'll be less lazy.

Thanks to Trump's suggestions, I doubt this will be the only ballot box attacked. Strap yourselves in, y'all.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I foresee further incidents of this nature over the next two weeks as GOP voters get more and more desperate.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
This is how it works in my state. 24 hour video surveillance on all boxes.

Also, the boxes are emptied every 24 hours.
Feels like every 24 hours isn't enough and should be every 8. But it seems like someone usually goes to lock the box up after 8 I wonder what happened for it not to be locked

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
These things should have cameras around them.:: it's a damn shame where the next few weeks will take this country.