• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Did she say
"chow"
there?

What was that word right before "show up"???
Heard that too. She 100% let a slur loose. She went in just like the white people who gleefully use the N-word with a hard 'r'. Jesus these people are scum. I love how she just says that shit and doesn't expand on why Asian people would inherently be interested in cheating the system by playing into the gross bigoted stereotype they get burdened with. Generally hits on the bigoted stereotype that all us minorities have specific cabals around our ethnicity where we're constantly meeting for sinister plots about subverting the country. As though just because I wear a BLM mask or shirt it means I'm part of some reverse KKK.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Huh, are you sure that's the same lady? Looks different to me, maybe it's just different make-up.

I'm almost certain it's her. Another photo from the same profile:

etwatermark.php

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me of the chick you wish you didn't start talking to from SNL's Weekly Update that Cecily Strong would play

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Heard that too. She 100% let a slur loose. She went in just like the white people who gleefully use the N-word with a hard 'r'. Jesus these people are scum. I love how she just says that shit and doesn't expand on why Asian people would inherently be interested in cheating the system by playing into the gross bigoted stereotype they get burdened with. Generally hits on the bigoted stereotype that all us minorities have specific cabals around our ethnicity where we're constantly meeting for sinister plots about subverting the country. As though just because I wear a BLM mask or shirt it means I'm part of some reverse KKK.
Not to defend that woman because her overall statement is still very racist I think she meant someone with the name "Chow". Immediately after that she said if someone with the same name as her shows up. So since you can't tell them apart anyone can claim to be so and so Chow.

That's what I'm getting from it anyway.
Reminds me of the chick you wish you didn't start talking to from SNL's Weekly Update that Cecily Strong would play

Someone posted a mashup of the 2 earlier in the thread and the inflection in her voice is identical.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
This can't be the lady that my borderline Qanon stepdad was yapping about earlier, is it?

He said something along the lines of "she threw her hair up in a bun and boy, she knew her stuff!".

Oct 25, 2017
Sure...except you know... we aren't using these stories to justify/excuse these peoples' untimely deaths or abuse by the police/justice system.

Absolutely different levels for sure. I just feel like there's enough doubt within their "testimony" that going through their past doesn't move the needle much and just feels like sensationalized personal attacks and toying with conspiracy theories (what if Rudy paid her as an actor for her testimony?).

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
what in the hell happened to America? was it the homeschooling? lead in drinking water?
Don't look at ME.

My immediate family homeschooled me, and while my parents still have plenty of awkwardly centrist tendencies, all three of us are in agreement that Trumpism is certifiably stupid. It's the extended family that went to public and private schools in their youths that went full Trumper, LOL

'sides, most people in the country go to public or private school anyway, no matter how legal and available homeschooling is, yet somehow we landed on more than a third of the nation being batcrap crazy anyway.

It's a mix of much less blanket, more insidious stuff. Partly the rampant unchecked right-wing propagandism in the country, as someone else said. And partly just that the global culture as a whole is way more comfortable with fascism than anyone would like to admit. Let's be real here, just because we here in the states are the worst, doesn't mean other countries are innocent. And remember, all of the entitled white people on this continent originally came from somewhere. You think that's unfair of me to say? Because even speaking as a Saltine with relatively little knowledge on the nature of discrimination, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the systemic issues that lead to this are older than the United States is.

Fletcher

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even find this shit funny. It's so infuriating and sad. The news should just dismiss and not cover any of this shit in any legitimate way.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
Rudy getting bent out of shape when the council member says it looks like he asked for a pardon is rich. Claiming that what the councilman is libel. Idiot
That's Darrin Camilleri, who just won re-election even though Trump won in his district. Doing good things down there.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
This is an actual sitcom at this point. I can't wait to see the inevitable show about the Trump administration and legal team in the style of Arrested Development or Community.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
She couldn't even answer the first real question. "What did your training involve?"

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"They gave me a notebook " (that it sounds like she didn't even read, lol).

That's basically her entire answer. Oh, and she walked around and stuff.

Did she say
"chow"
there?

What was that word right before "show up"???
I think she means "Chao/Zhao" because it's a common Chinese last name...?

DenverCo

Feb 21, 2019
Denver
This lady is going to run for office and win just like that dumb lady in Colorado who threatened people to try and take her gun away and won some seat in government.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
This really is too much for me. All Chinese people look alike, shemales, possibly real farts, alcoholism on full display, ghost hunters and who knows what else...