• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
I see a lot of Trump diehards insisting she wasn't drunk and her testimony was amazing and should be enough evidence. Everyone see's what they want to see I guess. As someone who doesn't drink much and has stood at many bars stone cold sober talking to a lot of drunk people...she certainly gives off that impression.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of Trump die hards insisting [...] her testimony [...] should be enough evidence.
To be fair they have said the same thing about every single lawsuit that has been filled lol. Every single move is part of the 4D chess plan.

EDIT: I wouldn't even be surprised if these idiots claimed that Rudy's fart was an absolute stroke of genius and part of the big plan.

Last edited:

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yo.....was she just bitching out a republican legislator, the very person she has to convince to get their crazy shit done, while intoxicated. Hilarious.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is what happens when you let people from the "Ben Shapiro school of winning an argument" into a court room. They truly believe that babbling loudly and at length like the president is as substantial an argument as actually presenting substantive facts and data. Turns out you can't Gish Gallop your way to victory in court.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The way she keeps rising her eyebrows and tightening her lips when she thinks she dropped a bomb... that's the exact expression of an idiot who thinks they're smashing it.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What is it about right-leaning individuals that leads them to believe every conversation needs to be a fucking argument?

"Can we have your story please?"
"LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHIN', I SAW'D WHAT I SEE'D, AND WHAT I SAW'D WAS FRAUD! I SIGNED SOMETHIN SAYIN I GO TO PRISON IF I'M LYIN', DID YOU?!"

Just... For Christ's sake.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I love how they act like affidavits are some kind of magical barrier around them that deflects all arguments and makes everything they say the absolute truth.

At this point with these lawsuits, it already to late to really change stuff when it was best to do them when they had the chance when it was after they finished the count. This is just digging a bigger hole on the GOP given that the people that are hearing the speakers are the very people they are suppose to be working with.

Threadkular

Dec 29, 2017
Reminder this thread exists:
www.resetera.com

Sober Era? Let's Stay Sober OT

I have always found it helpful to create new "rituals". For me things like first water and a variety of Herbal teas help. Instant miso soup had also been useful. The hard part is being realistic about the fact that they will never replace the fun of drinking.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
This movie will put Lord of the Rings to shame with its runtime.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why is this hearing happening? This should embarrass any elected official with a sense of pride.

barit

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
These fuckers are doing sooo much damage to America and all democracy around the world. Even if we all can´t but just laugh at them this shit will have consequences. Those evil lunatic mofos deserving every bad thing that happens to them. I hope someone sues them to oblivion.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Right wing media outlets are subsidized by billionaires to insulate half of Americans from "regular" day to day news. Political scandals and outrageous statements can be managed by simply not covering them or minimizing them with a spin; political scandals and outrageous statements can be manufactured against political enemies with selective editing and poorly sourced (4chan-esque) bullshit.

Social media has accelerated this disinformation bubble that started with Fox and Rush. Casual browsing of Youtube, Facebook, and Twitter for anyone remotely right-leaning will lead down a rabbit-hole of insanity that ends with Hillary Clinton eating babies for magical powers.

People like this lady are getting closer and closer to being the median Republican voter. Even the GOP reps that lament their death threats won't direct their ire at the source of this radicalization crisis because they love to use it to drum up votes for themselves or their own pet projects.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there another "hearing" today?

edit: yes, right now, apparently. Georgia

Last edited:

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
Look, ERA, I'll sign something saying I can go to prison and, unless you do the same, you will have to start accepting the truth because I know what I saw: the Dreamcast was the best console ever.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Reminder this thread exists:
www.resetera.com

Sober Era? Let's Stay Sober OT

I have always found it helpful to create new "rituals". For me things like first water and a variety of Herbal teas help. Instant miso soup had also been useful. The hard part is being realistic about the fact that they will never replace the fun of drinking.

There's nothing more 2020 than the Election and Sobriety discussions crossing over.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Feels like someone who used to drink in college when she had a big presentation. To take the edge off... and because of a deep-seated belief that she's a BIT better when she's had a drink. Fast forward... let's be generous here... 15 years... and it doesn't work anymore.

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Joe-Pesci-Marisa-Tomei-My-Cousin-Vinny.jpg
You put some respect on her name

Real proud of my dumb home state rn. At least we flipped blue 🙃

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The way she keeps rising her eyebrows and tightening her lips when she thinks she dropped a bomb... that's the exact expression of an idiot who thinks they're smashing it.

Patriot DESTROYS Cuckservative Traitor 😂🇺🇸💪🦅 #MAGA #WWG1WGA

Uggghhhhh...

event_horizon.jpg

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
These hearings have been a comedy gold mine. I've had them in the background the last few days.
There's one going on in Georgia right now, but it's pretty boring so far. No one is gonna top Melissa.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
what in the hell happened to America? was it the homeschooling? lead in drinking water?

There are a number of factors:

- The proliferation of conservative talk radio in the 80s and 90s
- Fox News' insane rise in popularity in the 2000s after 9/11
- Social media spreading misinformation in the 2010s

It's more nuanced than that of course, but It really cannot be over-stated just how much permanent damage right wing media has done to this country since the Reagan administration. It's lead to literally half the country becoming brainwashed and feeling the need to straight-up fabricate their own reality rather than accept the one we're living in and adapting to it.