• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
vixolus

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
...do people really get immersed in theme parks?
Disney is definitely the one theme park I've been to that can come close to immersion. Especially when I was younger. Not the same kind of immersion as you get with like, VR or so. Just rather you are in this veil of illusion and seamlessness to everything that you don't get at a six flags or otherwise.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I've said this before and maybe it makes me sound like a prick but, maybe some people in this world don't deserve to be catered to. An example of such people are those like the man in this article. Folk like him should not be entertained, not be handled with care, as they are not worthy of such adoration. They are opinions that shouldn't be listened because their beliefs have little to no value to the betterment of society and customers that are worth losing because there are so much more customers that will love the progressive changes made.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
This man is my neighbor probably.

I need to move.

Coincidentally, in spite of all of the old people, I live in one of the most liberal parts of town. That guy lives in my hood but is better suited for Summerlin.

In all seriousness, the unaltered text of this article could be an Onion piece on rich white men complaining they're oppressed by someone's tattoo.

And as always "I don't want to think about politics" just means "I demand a world where I never see anything to challenge my privileged self-regard."

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter and go why did Disney need to install a massive structure in the middle of world showcase lagoon blocking all the views across the lagoon

The tragedy of IllumiNations and Harmonious is the only thing park-wise that should diminish anyone's enjoyment of going... outside of how Disney has been treating their workers during the pandemic (the new flexibility is nice though).

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (2 weeks): driveby trolling, history of driveby trolling
We should ban adults without kids from entering Disney Parks.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business.

It must be so nice to have the CHOICE of how/when you express yourself. For many Americans, their very existence and ability to love who they want to love is actively hated by a sizable portion of the country.

Whether he expresses himself or not at his business is his personal choice. But no matter what his choice is, he doesn't face even a fraction of the hatred that the people he's discussing do for their self expression.

That is what privilege looks like and it's why people like him will never empathize with people who don't look like them, love like them or pray to the same god(s) as them. To people like him, other people being seen by society in their truest form is a "political statement".

Also who gives a shit about what some rando Republican thinks? He's not a board member at Disney and if he actually understands American business like he claims to then he should also know that Disney clearly sees this as the path forward.

Oct 27, 2017
The villain dude in Pocahontas bro. So misunderstood and honestly racist towards the poor white settlers /s
Call it a hunch, but I have a feeling that this self identified "Christian and conservative Republican" would not identify with a kinda-effemine-but-definitely-queer-coded villain. ;)

tools-1024x557.jpg

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No.

I say this as a man that has never gone to a park without a child.

Next up, we should ban adults from seeing movies aimed at children without kids. Or how about we stop adults without kids from entering their local parks? I mean, let people enjoy what they enjoy. If a 60 year old dude wants to ride "It's a Small World" by himself, who the hell are you tell tell him he should be banned from doing so just because he doesn't have any family to go with him or doesn't want to go with kids?

I still have family members that try to shame me because I like video games as an adult. Don't be those people.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really great to hear his opinion!

I don't particularly care, but it's nice that he got that off his chest. I hope he's fulfilled now.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
If he's like most conservative Christians, he has objections to all sorts of things that are offensive to his sensibilities. If Disney removed a character who said a swear word, you probably wouldn't hear a peep from this dude. It's only "political" when it's something he doesn't care about.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
It's ok to like stuff for babies, I certainly do, but people should also recognize and admit that they like stuff for babies instead of basing their entire persona around it.

Family friendly is not the same thing as for children only. Otherwise there wouldn't be so much adult humor laced into Disney Blockbusters or the numerous things marketed to adults by Disney.

Can't speak for everyone but I couldn't afford to go to Disneyworld as a kid and don't plan on ever having kids myself so screw that opinion.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
saying you're a "disney fan" is second only to "gamer" or maybe "otaku" as the biggest self-owns you can call yourself

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I like how the picture is pretty much exactly what you would imagine, reading the title.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
What in the god damn fuck is "wokeness"

What is being "woke"? Having respect for people of every background?

atomsk eater

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao pearl clutching because park staff get to have tattoos and haircuts he doesn't approve of. But I can't express myself at my job! Then maybe your job kinda sucks my dude.

Also it's an unwoke statement but his picture is about what I imagined reading the title.

Oct 8, 2019
Lmao why does this get published

Because it would go viral. Clicks from angry people make just as much money as clicks from happy people. Its also a lot easier to present a culture war brewing, where Disney has sided with the elite coastal liberals who want to oppress you by updating the ride so the auction scene is now funnier

Disney built an image of basically being a home away from home.to create a fantasy world where everything is perfect, and if something bad happens than its the fault of one individual and not a system. The problem is that the park itself has to operate in the real world, and that means that if something becomes outdated then changes should be made. Song of the South came out in the late 40's and Disney hasnt released it since 1986, and has no plans to ever release it again. Why not update it with the Princess and the Frog which while it didnt make a ton of money was really well received and is fairly well liked.

Though I doubt this guy had as much problems when Maelstrom went from this

to this

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoy going to the parks (when I can) and I watch a lot of theme park videos. Some of them are pretty annoying, but I think I really enjoy the intersection of art, storytelling, immersion, and engineering that combine to create the atmosphere and attractions of the parks. There's nothing else like it and it truly is a marvel.