• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Belfast

Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm. How many times *has* Disney depicted an out-of-touch *American* white male? I'm struggling to think of one. MAYBE Wreck-It Ralph? And he's a video game character. Mr. Incredible (in certain respects)? Every human in Wall-E? I'm not accounting much for the live action fare, but this dude should know most of the animated adaptations are from non-American stories or are about animals.

OP
OP
vixolus

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Hmmm. How many times *has* Disney depicted an out-of-touch *American* white male? I'm struggling to think of one. MAYBE Wreck-It Ralph? And he's a video game character. Mr. Incredible (in certain respects)? Every human in Wall-E? I'm not accounting much for the live action fare, but this dude should know most of the animated adaptations are from non-American stories or are about animals.
The villain dude in Pocahontas bro. So misunderstood and honestly racist towards the poor white settlers /s

Oct 27, 2017
Stop giving these trash people platforms to create controversy. This person's problem is just that. He can choose to not go anymore. No reason to entertain his thinly veiled bigotry.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
This is hilarious.

Disney visits college campuses to enroll students for an internship (seasonal employment) where they serve hot dogs and soft drinks for minimum wage. Up until recently they had dress codes that were basically "no personality allowed." Maybe 20 years ago they could still find enough college students without tattoos or colored hair, that were willing to work these jobs. But it sounds like it became harder, so they changed the dress code.

They still found college/university students who still jumped at the chance even those with tattoos on their arms/legs were told to wear long pants/shirts to cover up. Those with coloured hair were told to die their hair a natural colour.

Disney sets the rules - if uni students want to get a job and decide to dye their hair bright blue - the uni students got a realise most employers don't want that nor do they want tattoos. They have similiar rules at Claridiges Hotel in London.

Jun 7, 2018
They still found college/university students who still jumped at the chance even those with tattoos on their arms/legs were told to wear long pants/shirts to cover up. Those with coloured hair were told to die their hair a natural colour.

Disney sets the rules - if uni students want to get a job and decide to dye their hair bright blue - the uni students got a realise most employers don't want that nor do they want tattoos. They have similiar rules at Claridiges Hotel in London.

So where's the problem with them choosing to change the rules they set?

Oct 30, 2017
Pretty sure the "inclusive uniforms" are in reference to religious accoutrements.

Can't let the heathens and unbelievers start to feel like they belong or enjoy themselves at the parks, breaking that delicate sense of immersion...

Gross.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

Are you asking for an avatar quote or something?

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Get fucked. Less of these type of people at Disney (and in general) the happier my experience will be.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Also, I don't get the cell phone thing. It seems incredibly unlikely that Disney will allow people performing on stage to use cell phones while performing on stage.

Also, doesn't Star Wars feature a bunch of different haircuts and colours anyways?

The cell phone thing is just "slippery slope" bullshit. Same logic as "gay people get married and next thing people will marry their dogs!"

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Oh is everyone getting their random Disney World opinions published in newspapers now? Cause I've got a ten page essay about how Disney World never should have killed the IllumiNations fireworks spectacular that I think people might be interested in publishing. If not that I've got another very persuasive essay about how Disney World needs the Disney Land version of Astro Blasters.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Disney is trying to create a premium experience for its guests - changing the rules to a lower standard is something that Chapek has been doing ever since he ran Parks and Resorts and overall Disney has been reducing the experience since the mid 90s.

36754.jpg

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I was somehow both not ready for yet completely expecting what the person in question could look like

Jun 7, 2018
Disney is trying to create a premium experience for its guests - changing the rules to a lower standard is something that Chapek has been doing ever since he ran Parks and Resorts and overall Disney has been reducing the experience since the mid 90s.

This is entirely subjective. In the present day, many see diversity, people looking like real people, embracing the fun of Disney and the allowing of individual expression, as a higher standard than sticking with a homogenous, draconian, 1970s "Brady Bunch/Stepford Wives" ideal of what employees "should" look like.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Oh is everyone getting their random Disney World opinions published in newspapers now? Cause I've got a ten page essay about how Disney World never should have killed the IllumiNations fireworks spectacular that I think people might be interested in publishing. If not that I've got another very persuasive essay about how Disney World needs the Disney Land version of Astro Blasters.
Sorry. Are you a DA that has strong opinions on executions? No. Then your opinion doesn't matter.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter and go why did Disney need to install a massive structure in the middle of world showcase lagoon blocking all the views across the lagoon

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Conservatives haven't realized that they grew up to become the villains from the same stories they loved as kids.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
This is entirely subjective. In the present day, many see diversity, people looking like real people, embracing the fun of Disney and the allowing of individual expression, as a higher standard than sticking with a homogenous, draconian 1970s "Brady Bunch/Stepford Wives" ideal of what employees "should" look like.

Firstly you do realise they have to wear a pre designed uniform Disney tells them to wear. The only thing they were stating was have natural hair colour, tattoos not shown and ear rings not allowed to be worn whilst 'on stage'. Hardly a draconian ordeal as you describe, but the its been done - so that is that.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
How is allowing "inclusive haircuts" going to create a "lower standard" for a "premium experience"? Is it because it doesn't look like a 1950s homogenous white fantasy?

It wasn't haircuts it was literally hair colour - CMs had to have natural hair colour varients i.e. they couldn't have neon colours like pink, blue, purple etc. They could already have pony tails, etc.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Say what you will about his article, but the anti-woke Disney guy is a prolific reader.

Maybe he'll write an article about Paranormal BBW Shape Shifters next.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Adult Disney fans are creepy.

Gatekeeping Disney fans?

Specially families with kids, Disney does a very good job in catering not only to kids in the parks specially, but there is always something for adults too. Even going to take a picture with mickey the actor or actress there have amazing training to immerse the adults. Its incredble.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Christian conservative republicans are the ones who probably shouldn't be allowed to express their individuality.

Or express any opinion at all for that matter, that would probably be for the greater good of everyone else.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017

I fully agree that the experience has declined in the last 2 decades, but that is not at all related to how the employees look IMO. Also, from my reading of the updated "Disney Look" it all appears like they will allow "tasteful" hair colors, hair styles, piercings, and tattoos. I don't think they will allow someone with an electric yellow mowhawk that has 8 inch long points or massive sleeve, neck covering, and facial tattoos. I don't even think they will allow neck or facial tattoos of anykind as those are still even looked down upon even with the larger tattoo acceptance we have. I also don't think they will allow for a piercing like Joe Rohde has as his position allowed him some wiggle room and played well into his Imagineer "image". The few examples they gave in photos were seemingly "normal" hairstyles for today that just didn't adhere to Disney's old rules and larger single or small multiple tattoos on the forearms.

Chindogg

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
The fact that clowns like these continue to complain and threaten to not return to Disney really makes me wonder how much longer Republicans can continue to act a fool in Florida.

If only progressive generations are willing to go to Disney, when will they start strongarming the governments' agendas.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
This is true but nothing about what the dude in the OP is saying has anything to do with it. We don't get back to where the parks once were by having "cleaner cut" CMs.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
This reply and TikTok compilation is such a great example of how those cast members probably feel toward this guy lol

Holy shit! That was an awesome video. I think I used some of those lines when I worked retail. Fuck I did that for too many years. Never again!

Talking about the Scott seiss video, not this dip shit DA who is a weirdo for getting so upset at Disney world as an adult