• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I love Disney World, but wokeness is ruining the experience.
NW5SOYQAQVFJNBI2VE7PIIHHXY.png

Recently, Disney announced that cast members are now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts. Disney did all of this in the name of allowing cast members to express themselves.

The problem is, I'm not traveling across the country and paying thousands of dollars to watch someone I do not know express themselves. I am there for the immersion and the fantasy, not the reality of a stranger's self-expression. I do not begrudge these people their individuality and I wish them well in their personal lives, but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business.
More broadly, like many corporations, Disney has been politicizing its business. Full disclosure: I am a Christian and a conservative Republican, so the people who run Disney and I do not see eye to eye.
Disney is in the process of taking the woke scalpel to the Jungle Cruise. Trader Sam is out because he might offend certain people. Every grown-up in the room realizes that Trader Sam is not a representation of reality and is meant as a funny and silly caricature. It is no more based in racism than every Disney caricature of an out-of-touch white American dad.
The next time I ride Jungle Cruise I will not be thinking about the gloriously entertaining puns of the skippers, I will be thinking about Disney's political agenda. That's a mood killer.
Disney proclaims that Splash Mountain must change because of its association with "Song of the South." Disney owns Splash Mountain so it can do what it wants. But if Disney screams at the top of its corporate voice, which is pretty loud, that it is changing it to appease a certain political point of view, now every time I look at the ride I am thinking about politics.

Unfotunately, it seems as though Disney has struck a nerve with a select group of people having to witness their beloved Song of The South themed ride, animatronic women being sexually harassed by pirates, and racist caricatures getting removed.

Gandie

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory Generalization, Derailing Thread.
Adult Disney fans are creepy.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
More broadly, like many corporations, Disney has been politicizing its business. Full disclosure: I am a Christian and a conservative Republican, so the people who run Disney and I do not see eye to eye.

lol Fuck this guy, get outta here

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. How does this change the current Disney experience? The people in costumes are still gonna be in costumes. What did the regular staff walking around look like before??

Lucini

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, imagine holding the belief that your entertainment is somehow negatively impacted by other people existing as fellow humans while also holding a job.

New Username

Jul 12, 2018
No one gives a fuck about some trailer trash hot tub salesman Karen and his shitty kids flying Spirit from Vegas to Orlando to threaten to withhold tips at Coronado Springs if the waitress doesn't bring his extra large coke fast enough or because she'd look prettier if she smiled more. if you don't like liberal America's politics, stay in fucking Las Vegas and bring your kids to the Bunny Ranch instead.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
"but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business"

well, that sucks, dude, maybe get a different job or find some individuality

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Wokeness = Politcally Correct

shit is always evolving on the same crap of wanting to be able to say and do racist ..ist shit.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Truth is, those cast members are low payed interns who work a semester during college. Aka Disney realized their old ass rules are preventing them from getting practically free labor.

Space Gomez

Oct 28, 2017
This idiot said:
I do not begrudge these people their individuality and I wish them well in their personal lives, but I do not get to express my individuality at my place of business.

Yeah my dude that's because your individuality boils down to "fuck everyone else's individuality"

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused. How does this change the current Disney experience? The people in costumes are still gonna be in costumes. What did the regular staff walking around look like before??
No visible tattoos, no "weird" hair colors were a requirement for a long time for any cast members.

Hoping this guy's enjoyment has been ruined so much he never steps foot in the parks again so I never have to see his dumb ass.

OP
OP
vixolus

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Truth is, those cast members are low payed interns who work a semester during college. Aka Disney realized their old ass rules are preventing them from getting practically free labor.
This reply and TikTok compilation is such a great example of how those cast members probably feel toward this guy lol

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I hate when my immersion is broken when viewing the denizens of a fictional universe catered to the attention span and mental capacity of children.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Recently, Disney announced that cast members are now permitted to display tattoos, wear inclusive uniforms and display inclusive haircuts. Disney did all of this in the name of allowing cast members to express themselves.

WTF are "inclusive haircuts?"

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
No visible tattoos, no "weird" hair colors were a requirement for a long time for any cast members.

Hoping this guy's enjoyment has been ruined so much he never steps foot in the parks again so I never have to see his dumb ass.
Ah, so their uniform is the same, but they can now wear their hair or tats how they want?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The problem is, I'm not traveling across the country and paying thousands of dollars to watch someone I do not know express themselves. I am there for the immersion and the fantasy, not the reality of a stranger's self-expression.

Get the eff out of here with this. Awful human being.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando Sentinel gave this imbecile a space for an editorial? Geesh. Thought they were Better than this.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker is talking about a tattoo or haircut breaking the immersion of talking to a 6 foot tall fucking cartoon mouse. Fuck off.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then don't go? I mean I won't complain with not having to share the parks with these people.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The next time I ride Jungle Cruise I will not be thinking about the gloriously entertaining puns of the skippers, I will be thinking about Disney's political agenda.

So you're still giving them money? Okay you do you I guess