• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
original.gif

This is the fifteenth video since the last Nerd Crew video, and that's only counting what got posted to YouTube. And those two are always front and center whenever Star Wars is knocked, particularly Cheebo.
I couldn't be more right.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the fifteenth video since the last Need Crew video, and that's only counting what got posted to YouTube. And those two are always front and center whenever Star Wars is knocked, particularly Cheebo.
Or, because we bring up their bigotry anytime someone posts a RLM video? Regardless if it is Star Wars or not? We only bring it up when someone posts one of their videos. Neither I or Surfinn are the ones to bring up RLM or wait for a Star Wars video.

Are you ignoring the time people, including us, called out RLM earlier this year when their Cap Marvel review was posted?

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
This is the fifteenth video since the last Need Crew video, and that's only counting what got posted to YouTube. And those two are always front and center whenever Star Wars is knocked, particularly Cheebo.
Here's an alternate more realistic take.

RLM videos pop up here usually when they discuss Star Wars (see: the flood of Star Wars threads happening right now) because Star Wars is super popular with Era, which draws back in the people who feel the need to call out their sexism and racism. To further disprove your point, this thread was made in July and [checks RLM's Youtube page] there was zero Star Wars discussion in their videos around that time.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, TAJ has no argument for all the posts about their sexism/racism at the start of this thread from us when this topic had nothing to do with Star Wars. Or from the other times when non-Star Wars RLM videos get posted and we call them out.

Oct 25, 2017
This is the fifteenth video since the last Nerd Crew video, and that's only counting what got posted to YouTube. And those two are always front and center whenever Star Wars is knocked, particularly Cheebo.
I'm having trouble with the search on this site, but I can't find any specific thread for RLM content made in Off Topic since this thread was created, so maybe they are not "knocking" it because it is Star Wars, but because that thread was the first RLM specific thread since this one?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lol is the insinuation that this thread exists because RLM criticize SW.. and that it's not actually about their bigotry?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
TAJ their livestream where they said women who are marching for abortion rights need to "shut up and let Trump do his job" wasn't a Star Wars video you know.

The Captain Marvel thread about them had nothing to do with Star Wars.
I'm no staunch defender of RLM or their Captain Marvel stuff but all of the pro-Trump stuff I've seen from them has been dripping in sarcasm.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol is the insinuation that this thread exists because RLM criticize SW.. and that it's not actually about their bigotry?
Yeah. Let's disregard the fact that almost all the evidence in the OP comes from non-Star Wars videos and ignore their sexist video about Brie Larson is what brought about most of the discussion of their bigotry earlier this year.

I'm no staunch defender of RLM or their Captain Marvel stuff but all of the pro-Trump stuff I've seen from them has been dripping in sarcasm.
Mike more so yes, but not Rich Evans. He went on a long time about the womens march in DC in the video in the OP. Was an angry rant on a stream.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was sarcasm too but Rich's rant on Previously Recorded is straight from him with no gimmick/character stuff involved. It kind of retroactively puts his other comments that I thought were sarcastic in a much different light.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Here's an alternate more realistic take.

RLM videos pop up here usually when they discuss Star Wars (see: the flood of Star Wars threads happening right now) because Star Wars is super popular with Era, which draws back in the people who feel the need to call out their sexism and racism. To further disprove your point, this thread was made in July and [checks RLM's Youtube page] there was zero Star Wars discussion in their videos around that time.

Oh, so you're just a liar. It was made right after a Star Wars video.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, so you're just a liar. It was made right after a Star Wars video.
Hint hint. We weren't the one who made the thread. Someone posted a video about RLM that happened to be Star Wars and so we said "hey, RLM are bigoted trash.".

How about the fact people went at RLM's bigotry in the Captain Marvel RLM thread earlier this year?

Guess what, this thread wasn't made right after a Star Wars video, you seem happy to play dumb about that fact.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I've noticed some of the red flags from these guys over the years, but never bothered to connect the dots. I think it's because they manage to put out enough content that doesn't contain problematic quips that the average person could be excused for missing a lot of it, or brushing off individual examples.

Edit - also Y'ALL. RLM is problematic, deal with it. Everything isn't a massive fucking conspiracy.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Yea, I've noticed some of the red flags from these guys over the years, but never bothered to connect the dots. I think it's because they manage to put out enough content that doesn't contain problematic quips that the average person could be excused for missing a lot of it, or brushing off individual examples.
I was that way for a while. It was the Captain Marvel review that caused me to realize it.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, his stream wasn't him being funny. He went on a furious rant about women empowerment...it was gross.
Is this quote, as found in the OP, what you are referring to?
I think at best it's useless, at worst it's harmful. Why are people protesting.. what are people protesting? When you look at this from the outside, it looks like people are just whining because Trump won and people don't like Trump. It looks very childish. It comes off looking like crybabies having a fit because their person didn't win the election. He fairly won the election. It comes off exactly as childish as when Obama won.. "I wanna see that birth certificate!". I think if you're on the left side of things, you should be looking on the inside right now. This crying about Trump.. once he starts actually doing something stupid in office, then you can drag out the protest signs and protest whatever thing he did you don't like. Right now it just seems childish. Instead of bitching about Trump, the left needs to take a look at itself. Hillary Clinton could not beat a ex reality star orangutan. There's a reason for that. The democratic side of things needs to get its own shit in order. The people you need to win over to get on your side are seeing crybabies. I would not make yourself look bad. And choose your million women marches more clearly and have a clear message about what you're speaking out against. Because this looks like nothing other than "wah we lost the election". Currently it's a reaction to nothing that has happened yet. The march isn't going to keep him from taking office. To me it seems like preaching to the choir and I don't think it's going to do anything useful. There are a lot of people who if they were saner would be on the fence, but they're going to pick an extreme because that's what everybody fucking does now. And you see something like this protest, and that's.. "god look at those crybabies".. I'm with Trump!

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Rise of Skywalker predictions video came out then, you scum.
So you really think all of the research and such that went into the OP happened within hours as a pure kneejerk reaction to a Star Wars prediction video and not because of all of their Captain Marvel crap?

G1Gjq0T.gif

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TAJ lets say you are right and its only when there is new Star Wars videos.

How does that make their comments any less sexist or racist?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So you really think all of the research and such that went into the OP happened within hours as a pure kneejerk reaction to a Star Wars prediction video and not because of all of their Captain Marvel crap?

G1Gjq0T.gif

That's probably why it took until the next day instead of a half hour, yes.

Sephzilla

Oct 25, 2017
So you really think this entire thread calling out RLM's racist and sexist stances was because of a prediction video over Star Wars and had nothing to do with all of the sexist Brie Larson stuff that was happening right up until this thread was made?

Really.

You actually believe that.

You are seriously that delusional?

g3p1EEK.gif

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think RLM lost it for me when I saw the Force Awakens and thought "ok this is pretty much what they wanted" only to make another Plinkett review complaining about diversity or some shit.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
It's amazing to me that a group that has proven themselves to be quite sexist and racist gets their own OT in hangouts. It's actually gross and we as a community all just whistle and pretend it doesn't exist.

I used to watch RLM stuff back when they were making fun of Transformers, but quickly lost interest in their content due to the juvenile humor, problematic content and near Cinema Sins level of critique.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
This thread was posted on July 15: https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...he-rise-of-skywalker-prediction-video.129191/
This thread was posted the same day.

I don't know the times those threads were created, but "it took until the next day instead of a half hour" is false.

Actually, I found it: 4:46pm for the first thread, 9:09pm for the second. So about 4 hours, not until the next day, and not thirty minutes. And, for what it is worth, the OP of this thread never posted in any other thread except the Captain Marvel one.

So, there it is.

Last edited:

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
*Grabs the phone from someone calling a asian restaurant and yells "Ching Chong" into the receiver.*

"Man, these era people sure are defensive about Star Wars."

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Their type of shtick is the more or the same type of thing Funhaus does. Which is probably why there isn't a community thread for either of them.

Oct 25, 2017
>Sees people having an issue with the bigotry in RLM's content

>Accuses those people of being angry Star Wars fans

Ya'll are putting too much effort engaging with Taj.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Red Letter Media was trash even back when people simply posted their videos as the end all be all argument against anyone enjoying tell prequels.

The have always been shit

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Red Letter Media was trash even back when people simply posted their videos as the end all be all argument against anyone enjoying tell prequels.

The have always been shit
And I hate to break it to folks but even their prequel reviews are filled with bigotry passed off as "jokes". It's been an issue since day 1, it was just never recognized.