• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
If you can't get people to unsubscribe to a youtube channel with this evidence, you can be damn sure they won't do anything to address their asshole friends and family either when they casually spew bigoted bullshit.

I mean I joined up here right before the past year's Thanksgiving discourse could start up and, yeah, there are a lot of people on this site who are very open about the fact that they will not do anything about it.

MFL1980

Banned
Jul 17, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
Your propaganda crusade against RLM is almost laughable. It seems like you've picked apart and spliced every single comment that can be used to label them as a white-nationalist YouTube group. They have mentioned countless times that they have no problem with females and minorities in "good" films. Most of their criticism center around the amount of schlock that's being put out today-weak storytelling and repetitive tropes..etc. Before you start throwing out white privledge as an attack..know that I'm in the minority. I think this generation has forgotten to laugh at themselves, because they are so wrapped up in their self-importance.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Your propaganda crusade against RLM is almost laughable. It seems like you've picked apart and spliced every single comment that can be used to label them as a white-nationalist YouTube group. They have mentioned countless times that they have no problem with females and minorities in "good" films. Most of their criticism center around the amount of schlock that's being put out today-weak storytelling and repetitive tropes..etc. Before you start throwing out white privledge as an attack..know that I'm in the minority. I think this generation has forgotten to laugh at themselves, because they are so wrapped up in their self-importance.

So you made an account just for this?

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
So you made an account just to come in and comment on this? LOL.

Oct 25, 2017
Or just pretend the shit people find offensive is all made up, doesn't apply to you and go about liking awful shit. Life is full of choices, fresh bait, life is full of choices.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

I mean, you also realise that they edit their stuff, and probably edit out the most heinous stuff, skirting the line on what can pass?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
They have mentioned countless times that they have no problem with females and minorities in "good" films. Most of their criticism center around the amount of schlock that's being put out today-weak storytelling and repetitive tropes..etc.
Isn't it convenient that they can so easily label perfectly fine films as endless trash schlock so they have an excuse to dog on them.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I just want to know who's alt that is or what member of RLM is so hurt over someone criticizing them that they felt the need to make an account to cry about it.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
Did you make an account here just to type this? Or are you an alt?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is great on so many levels.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Your propaganda crusade against RLM is almost laughable. It seems like you've picked apart and spliced every single comment that can be used to label them as a white-nationalist YouTube group.
TBF the people in this thread doing that are no different than RLM splicing together clips to prove their points about sinister Geroge Lucas,Kathleen Kennedy,Rian Johnson, Paul Feig etc . It's like poetry it rhymes.

I'm not on #TeamWhiteNationalist but I do think they are sloppy social critics who should be called out for some of their sus takes.

Dec 2, 2017
1 post, checks out.

MFL1980

Banned
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah...because you guys have made waves. I didn't even know this place existed before an hour ago. I think if you're going to do a libel job on a group of individuals..there are going to be waves.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So minorities and "females" can only be on what you or they perceive is a good film? Otherwise it's Hollywood shoving diversity down our throats I gather.

Yeah...because you guys have made waves. I didn't even know this place existed before an hour ago. I think if you're going to do a libel job on a group of individuals..there are going to be waves.
Boy bye.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
So we dare criticize Red Letter Media now there is a hit squad out because of it?

LOL

Also, is it slander or libel since their stuff isn't in print?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"Libel"

Their shitty dismissive attitudes help perpetuate all the things people like you claim they're not.

At best they're part of the problem.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Yeah...because you guys have made waves. I didn't even know this place existed before an hour ago.

Oh my god. If this were actually true it would be fucking hilarious to me, because for a group that follow a bunch of snarky dudes and their scathing opinions on visual media that would mean y'all are like, crazy thin-skinned

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I used to tolerate Rich's bullshit because the joke was always on him, but over time I've just gotten so tired of it. His shit is not funny, and shitting on him isn't that funny anymore either. RLM still puts out occasionally good stuff (the In the Mouth of Madness re:View was really interesting), but I almost wish they could do shit like that without Mike's "I don't want to take a stance on anything except all these things that piss me off also Star Trek" cynicism or Rich's prejudiced idiocy.

But Mike owns the company and Rich is his best friend, so it's unlikely that anything's going to change any time soon. Woof.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017

oh shit

goddamn us for thinking we could go on a propaganda crusade/do a libel job without making waves, RUN FOR THE FUCKING HILLS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

(also, criticizing someone over their bullshit = propaganda/libel in whatever twisted little dimension the most rabid RLM fans live in, good to know)

So which banned member's alt is this? Should we take bets?

well, the insistence on throwing out terms like "propaganda crusade" and "libel job" in every single post (i.e. all two) somewhat reminds me of a certain poster who kept referring to "marketing tricks" over and over again

wouldn't bet the farm on that, though

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god. If this were actually true it would be fucking hilarious to me, because for a group that follow a bunch of snarky dudes and their scathing opinions on visual media that would mean y'all are like, crazy thin-skinned
It reminds me of how South Park goes heavy on how nothing is beyond criticism, but then its fanbase goes to pieces if you criticize the show.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Guys?
Can we make a bingo card?
Because this like a straight line right there.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I used to tolerate Rich's bullshit because the joke was always on him, but over time I've just gotten so tired of it. His shit is not funny, and shitting on him isn't that funny anymore either. RLM still puts out occasionally good stuff (the In the Mouth of Madness re:View was really interesting), but I almost wish they could do shit like that without Mike's "I don't want to take a stance on anything except all these things that piss me off also Star Trek" cynicism or Rich's prejudiced idiocy.

But Mike owns the company and Rich is his best friend, so it's unlikely that anything's going to change any time soon. Woof.
Pretty much the conclusion I've reached too.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me of how South Park goes heavy on how nothing is beyond criticism, but then its fanbase goes to pieces if you criticize the show.

Listen, facts don't care about your feelings, but they do care about my feelings, so stop insulting the slovenly white dudes who talk about movies or so help me god.

So which banned member's alt is this? Should we take bets?

It's probably someone from the official RLM forum which was closed off to the public a few years ago and only has a handful of people still posting on it, spending all their time bitching about (wait for it) feminism and Star Wars and shit. That or the usual GAF/Bore/Voat/KF trolls.

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Listen, facts don't care about your feelings, but they do care about my feelings, so stop insulting the slovenly white dudes who talk about movies or so help me god.

It's probably someone from the official RLM forum which was closed off to the public a few years ago and only has a handful of people still posting on it, spending all their time bitching about (wait for it) feminism and Star Wars and shit. That or the usual Bore/Voat/KF trolls.
Again, pathetic and hilarious.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kind of weird to accuse others of a propaganda crusade when you're the type of human being who, upon hearing that a website exists that has said something unflattering about some entertainers you enjoy, rush to join it just to try to shut their conversation down.