• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 19, 2018

This is one of the more disgusting things I've seen, the original tweet is the absolute tip of the iceberg. The company registered the groom's name as a domain name to spread abuse about him, pretended one of their employees had committed suicide about the response to the situation, it goes on and on and on. All because they didn't want to refund the guy whose bride to be had died.

Loads more in the twitter thread and here. Genuinely sickening.

Don't refund me if old

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, it's even worse then i imagined from the headline

De-mon

Oct 27, 2017
What a thread.

EY0uRXVU8AAIyR6

EY1pJORXgAAhhRA

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They found his account on twitter. And yes, he is indeed crazy.
www.necn.com

Mass. Wedding Videographer Under Investigation

Mass. AG’s Office is investigating Jesse Clark for taking couples’ money, then never delivering on video
www.telegram.com

In Dudley court, video scam suspect sent to jail

Jesse J. Clark, the wedding videographer accused of scamming more than 90 couples out of payments for wedding videos he never delivered, has run online wedding businesses during the past year despite…

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
Reading this story, I don't think I've ever wished harder that there were some form of karmic justice in the world. Jesus fucking Christ.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Not refunding the money is one thing. But the way this business have been responding indicate that they don't even have an ounce of class.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally I get that they refuse the refund, You have booked a service and its not happening because of a situation beyond the companies control. However to mock the guy who lost his to-be wife is just inhuman.

Oct 28, 2019
Top Reddit comment:

The company has gone so far as to purchase the domain http://justinmontney.com/ to "collect evidence for their defamation case".

They posted on fb (before deleting) stating that an employee committed suicide and then insinuated it was because of online bullying related to the refund issue. Well turns out, the employee committed suicide 2 years ago.

Apparently the owner is a conman who was forced to pay 500k for conning couples out of money for videography services that were never provided.

Oct 28, 2017
The attitude/response by the Company to this has been x100 worse than refusing a refund. The fake suicide story is insane.

Regardless of contracts or not, it would be nice to see companies in this industry offer a partial refund (at least) as a token gesture when a partner passes away before a wedding.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Did they really try to use the suicide of an employee 2 years ago and say it happened yesterday because of this? And then deleted the post, but in their shitty website they leave the comments made by people showing they actually did it? What kind of motherfuckers are they?

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
The attitude/response by the Company to this has been x100 worse than refusing a refund. The fake suicide story is insane.

Regardless of contracts or not, it would be nice to see companies in this industry offer a partial refund (at least) as a token gesture when a partner passes away before a wedding.

Generally they do, which only further highlights the lowlife cunts these people are.

I mean honestly, realistically, how could you not?

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
User banned (1 month): concern trolling over a series of posts
I'm sorry for Justin, he must be in so much pain, but the way he's acting is a little out of line.
" I am just notifying you that a presence will be taking place on social media due to the lack of contact over nearly 2 months. " What the fuck

The company is in the wrong, no doubt on that
He is in the wrong too for how he's acting

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
So, the "company" -- which I doubt is much more than this one conman -- decided that it would be a good idea to run this out under public scrutiny rather than quietly continuing to con people?

Bold fucking move, Cotton.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Generally they do, which only further highlights the lowlife cunts these people are.

I mean honestly, realistically, how could you not?
All booked up until 2022. Not like this one job was keeping them afloat. Boggles my mind that some people think it's smart to run their mouths off owing a business in the internet age.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
The wedding industry is pretty bad already, but this company pushes it even further. Any lower level employees still there need to get out ASAP. I give my sympathy to the groom, the mother, and any other friends and family.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry for Justin, he must be in so much pain, but the way he's acting is a little out of line.
" I am just notifying you that a presence will be taking place on social media due to the lack of contact over nearly 2 months. " What the fuck

The company is in the wrong, no doubt on that
He is in the wrong too for how he's acting

i

what

wat

Just to be perfectly clear, your read is not the right one

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
This is insane. I don't run a business so maybe I can understand why they wouldn't be able to refund the money but the way the owner has been acting is just crazy. How could person who isn't some kinda of cold blooded killer be so heartless.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
It's not a company, it's a fucking psychopath scamming hundreds of people taking their money and not delivering the service. Apparently he's been convicted before.

Jesse J. Clark, the wedding videographer accused of scamming more than 90 couples out of payments for wedding videos he never delivered, has run online wedding businesses during the past year despite several jail sentences and probation periods and a Suffolk Superior Court injunction

After the criminal sentencing Thursday, Mr. Frye asked the court to order payment of roughly $20,000 to one of the couples who had won a civil judgment against Mr. Clark. Judge Bibaud said he would consider the civil matter after Mr. Clark serves his jail sentence.

Mr. Clark told the judge he had no ability to pay the judgments.

In January, Suffolk Superior Court Judge Judith Fabricant granted an injunction against Mr. Clark and his employee, Keith Morin, prohibiting them from engaging in videography or wedding-related services and from accepting consumer deposits for any kind of business in the future.

Attorney General Martha Coakley's office had previously obtained a temporary restraining order in Suffolk Superior Court that freezes Mr. Clark's and Mr. Morin's assets and prevents them from destroying any records, including footage.

The attorney general's lawsuit seeks more than $75,000 in restitution plus civil penalties and the full recovery of all existing event footage.

Mr. Frye said that the website for Mr. Clark's fifth wedding videography business, Wedding Filmology, includes footage from wedding videos that were never received by victims of Mr. Clark's previous alleged scams. The videos are in a gallery used to promote the business.

"One of the victim's friends recognized the wedding (video) because she had been there. The bride hadn't even seen it," Mr. Frye said. "As long as he has access to Internet, he's going to be stealing money from unsuspecting couples. It's most definitely going into a PayPal account and going somewhere."

https://www.telegram.com/article/20130426/NEWS/104269782

This deviant is going to do it again in some other city months down the line unless he is taken care of somehow.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I'm sure they said "it's been reported to the failing newspaper" or something like that at some point lmao so yeah

"The failing news station KRDO". Lol

Yep, definitely a Trump supporter. I'm sure they will not come to regret this decision. Just ask Shkreli! If there is one thing that their beloved prez told them, it's to ALWAYS double down when you're wrong.