• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

torontoml

Oct 25, 2017
My employer is forcing me to shave soon, as I may have to wear a mask sometime. Holding it for that final word though.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Just get one of these
11UV31_AS01

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The information I've seen is that the masks don't do anything to protect you from viruses because viruses are too small to filtered out by those masks. Unless you work in health care or a setting where you could come into contact with saliva or phlegm.

Edit: Never mind, I was thinking of surgical masks not the ones mentioned here

Last edited:

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It already sucks I'm not allowed to have a longer beard for work, I'm not going any lower.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The information I've seen is that the masks don't do anything to protect you from viruses because viruses are too small to filtered out by those masks. Unless you work in health care or a setting where you could come into contact with saliva or phlegm.

You're thinking of surgical masks fam; N95 respirators are the kind of masks that are being recommended for Coronavirus.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
The Hitler is accepted but my stubble is a no go? Fuck that. I can't close shave or I'll get bumps.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asking for a friend...where would one order one of these?

Any industrial safety supply store could get you one of those. Ask for a PAPR (powered air purifying respirator). Neat thing that's not pictured is that it connects to an air blower that will blow nice, cool, filtered air onto your face while you wear it.

The only downside is that they are expensive as hell. Probably looking at $2000-ish.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Hitler stache popular 100 years ago because it was the only facial hair you could have and still get a good seal on WWI gas masks, and thus having such a stache was a signal that you served? I remember reading that somewhere.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I guess I'll finally shave when my life is at risk. That's gotta be a first for me. Idk about you guys.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Vast majority of the population isn't using N95 type masks lol. Shaving isn't going to do shit in regards to those sanitary masks you buy by the box load. They're just used to stop you from spitting everywhere when you sneeze or cough. It's crazy how many ppl think the masks stop them from inhaling the virus lol.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nah it was popular because of that charlie chaplin film

Charlie Chaplin sported a Hitler mustache long before he made the Great Dictator. Might have actually been some cause and effect there.

obpYs47.jpg

But Charlie Chaplin without the mustache was actually a goddamned dreamboat - which he sacrificed for decades in the name of comedy and art.

8jzinOW.jpg

I'm now old enough to have been through several beard, pants and food fashions.

I lived through the extremes of Burt Reynolds, Tom Selleck and Midge Ure mustaches. Now only cops sport a stache unironically. They may ruin it for regular people for decades.

I lived through everyone having a goatee in the late 90s-earlu oughts. It's a look best left to medieval or Die Hard villains.

I admit the Edwardian beard is impressive if done correctly - but it rarely is.

And it's inextricably linked with IPA for me, so I have to reject it.

I'm proud of y'all for rejecting two major attempts to bring back flares.

I'm disgusted that you allowed skinny jeans another pass - although that did lead to better tailored suits and pants.

But if having a beard actually puts your life and that of others at risk,* and your first reaction is to say, "hell naw, I grew this beard and I'm gonna eep it, hang the pandemic!" then congratulations. You're an old fart like me.

* I don't actually think this makes you a murderer naturally.