• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Kinda shoots down the old saying about running like a cat with his tail on fire. There is no running. No freaking out. Just curious confusion. Maybe if the fire got up to his ass, that would have got him going.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
The cats are a large reason why I don't have candles or other open flames in the house (beyond the gas stove).

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda shoots down the old saying about running like a cat with his tail on fire. There is no running. No freaking out. Just curious confusion. Maybe if the fire got up to his ass, that would have got him going.
I mean, that old saying is because a lot of people lit a lot of cats' tails on fire. Like, as a form of entertainment. And then kept the burnt off tail bits as souvenirs after.

Medieval Europe was a mistake.

But yeah, as everyone is saying, the fire obviously never made it to the cat's skin. It's basically like if someone had their hair light on fire while they were occupied with something else and then just kind of froze in confusion for a sec until the flame burnt out.

If you ever want to see what a flat "what" looks like in cat form, I'm pretty sure this video is it.

Sonicbug

Oct 26, 2017
The Void, MA
The dog looked like he was about to go get help but when the cat didn't panic and the mom walked by he went back to help the cat. Cat was probably just utterly confused. Good thing it didn't run off, it would have just made the fire get bigger.

Gozan

Oct 27, 2017
As a cat expert, I can assure the cat's line of thought was "huh, that weird snake that keeps following me around can breathe fire now. Weird."

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Very irresponsible of the owner. Glad both pets are fine though!

No kidding; anyone idiotic enough to leave pets unsupervised near a lit candle is frankly asking for their house to burn down. Good that there was nothing and no one lost here but this could have very easily ended much, much worse. :S

Swimble_87

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking as a dog person, the dog was clearly going to throw the cat under the bus to the owner.

First sign of trouble ran straight to the owner "look see I had nothing to do with this it was all the cat I swear look its tail is on fire if you don't believe me"

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Man that cat did NOT care at all. Like a weed comedy about pets.

Dog: "...I think...you're like...on fire dude."

Cat: "I am? *looks* Whoa....I'm on fire...."

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
My first thought was the Sherminator quote from American Pie - cat nonchalant AF.... 'it was just my time'...'it was just my time'.

Oct 27, 2017
That cat be like:
004Charmander.png