• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
edition.cnn.com

A car thief threatened to call the police on a mom who left her child in the back seat of the car he stole | CNN

Oregon police are searching for a man who stole a car Saturday morning without knowing a child was in the backseat and came back to lecture the victim of the car theft for leaving her child unattended.

Oregon police are searching for a man who stole a car Saturday morning without knowing a child was in the backseat and came back to lecture the victim of the car theft for leaving her child unattended.

When the suspect saw the child, he returned to the mother and reprimanded her, threatened to call the police on her and then drove away in her car, Beaverton Police Spokesman Officer Matt Henderson told CNN.

"He hopped in the car, drove it, realized there was a 4-year-old inside, and drove back and ordered her to take the child out of the car and then drove away again," Henderson said. "We're thankful he had the decency to bring the little one back."

The little boy was unharmed, police said.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to decide on the true villain in this story like

tenor.gif

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I can't believe he still took the car after she saw his face. This dude is BOLD with capital letters.

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
This type of crime is something that's quite minor in my opinion. Stealing is obviously not good as it creates negative implications for victims, but there is a huge line between this type of crime and kidnapping/murder/assault. Theft can be so easily overcome through a robust education system, good social supports, and universal basic income.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
This type of crime is something that's quite minor in my opinion. Stealing is obviously not good as it creates negative implications for victims, but there is a huge line between this type of crime and kidnapping/murder/assault. Theft can be so easily overcome through a robust education system, good social supports, and universal basic income.
Having something stolen from you is annoying as hell and a massive inconvenience.

But yeah, I agree. Most people steal because they have no other choice. Violent crime is on a whole different level.

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
people lose their damn jobs over the lack of transportation don't try to minimize stealing cars like they were just panhandling but not actually in need or something

That car's not even worth 10 grand, this wasnt someone boosting rich people's luxury collector cars, that's a cheap normal ass vehicle and the owner probably needed it. And since it's a 2013 (Honda Pilot), if its already paid off its usually not economically feasable to keep full coverage, so they likely only have liability and will receive nothing but a 'come back when you got another car to pay us to insure lmao' from the insurance company.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know that video game series? Grand Theft Auto?

This crime is literally grand theft auto.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

wtf

yeah, fucking bullshit people saying its a minor crime, someone stole a friend's car wheels, and they had to pay $600 to get them replaced so they could go to work. Do you have $600 laying around? Fucking nerve of people to say its a minor crime, probably cause its minor cause if your car is stolen, you have insurance who will loan you a car except not everyone can afford good insurance.

wtf. also, whoever just runs up to a person and steals their car and looks them in the face is not the type of person i would trust not to get fucking violent.

why the hell you gotta come in here and act like hes a victim anyway?

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As someone poor who's been a victim of carjacking before, this is hilarious.

Oct 27, 2017
This happened to my dad and his cousins like 40 years ago. My grand uncle left them all in the car and someone came and stole the car with all the kids in it. When he realized my dad and his cousins were in the car he drove that car right back to the parking lot and threw their asses out of the car.

Mar 7, 2020
USA
So was the mom wearing a mask as well?

But good news that the kid was unharmed, and iirc this isn't the first time this has happened. A car thief stole car and not realize a kid was in car, then once realize kid was in car either return the car, or drop the kid off from car at another location.