• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Family share doesn't work, does it? Since you still have to go through Origin?

There are work arounds. Also new games coming to Steam and anything EA seem to not treat in a "legacy" way, don't require origin - eg C&C Remaster and supposedly Apex when that releases.

As far as choosing Steam over Origin, I'd bet every time of Valve adding more value to its existing library through additional features, than Origin as a provider. That's been consistent year over year

Last edited:

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
You still need Origin, no different than when Ubi had their games on Steam.

I'd only go through that nonsense for Apex...so where the hell is it?

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Well, people should simply NOT buying those games at those prices.
If they do EA will know they can get away with it so they won't change their policy.
Otherwise there's a chance they might increase the discount or lower the base price for those titles. Who needs remasters when you can sell a 8 years old game for 45€ with a discount with no additional work.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, what they're doing with ME3 and its DLC is pretty crazy. I'll just wait until the DLC goes on sale.

I'm def jumping in on Andromeda tho, since that game never got DLC.

Btw, I'm only planning on rebuying the ME and DA games since it always bugged me not having the complete collections on Steam. I'm fine having everything else just on Origin.

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Remember:
There's a ME Trilogy remaster incoming, so if you haven't bought any of the games yet, wait a bit more...

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
At least it seems to still recognize my ME1 and 2 from way way back when as the same 'In Library' titles, so if a bundle happens that's something at least.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
There are work arounds. Also new games coming to Steam and anything EA seem to not treat in a "legacy" way, don't require origin - eg C&C Remaster and supposedly Apex when that releases.

As far as choosing Steam over Origin, I'd bet every time of Valve adding more value to its existing library through additional features, than Origin as a provider. That's been consistent year over year
Yeah, I would definitely buy Steam over origin, I just saw family sharing and was asking because I would buy some EA titles on Steam (that I otherwise wouldn't buy) if family sharing worked, since it gives four other people I know access to the game.

Onvious

Nov 16, 2019
look at that lovely regional prices, if I sell my kidney, maybe i could afford to buy bf5 on steam (Turkey) :D

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
Would be nice to have the ME1 and ME2 DLC. Not looking forward to how they're priced even if they show up though.

modestb

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
While the ME3 DLCs are very good - don't pay 30 bucks for them. Wait for the summer sale for them to get them all for a bit more acceptable price.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
At least it seems to still recognize my ME1 and 2 from way way back when as the same 'In Library' titles, so if a bundle happens that's something at least.
That's the other thing. The old version of ME1 on Origin got replaced with a new one that includes the DLC (Pinnacle Station and Bring Down the Sky). Will the Steam version get the same treatment? And what about the DLC for ME2?

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018
Do we know if those remasters will release on PC? The remasters might end up being just the PC versions at max settings.
Are you saying EA will pass out the chance of selling 3 games on a bundle as new? 😄
Being serious, this is mostly for the ones who didn't buy the trilogy. If there's a chance they can get everything in one purchase, they should take it. I bet by EA Play, we will have an answer to this.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Do stats and unlocks for something like BF4 work with the Steam version or would I be starting from square one?

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
The Extended Cut is included as part of the base purchase, it is annoying I had to check Steamdb to do that though.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how to do the games work if you already own it on Origin? The DLC is tied to your EA account right?

For Mass Effect 2 I bought the DLC on sale through Origin and it works on my Steam version so I'm just wondering if Mass Effect 3 will work the same. I moved into my new apartment and don't have internet so I can't check myself atm

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Family share doesn't work, does it? Since you still have to go through Origin?
Of those, Family Share is probably out because the games require you to link your account to an EA account. I can't recall any game that requires third-party accounts to be Family Share-enabled.

I don't know if Family Share works for new EA games. All of the ones I own and my friends own are older (for obvious reasons) and they show up. But they also don't require Origin to start so... ?

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Just waiting for them to actually add in the Mass Effect 2 DLC to Steam. That has to be an oversight that it wasn't added yet while the extra content for 3 and Andromeda are there.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
"Sale" prices are higher then normal. Maybe that's why EA put them on Steam? To try and get more money for their games?

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
One step closer to having EA/Origin Access through Steam...then I can cancel my current Origin Access sub, and re-up through Steam and not have to pay for these games individually. Especially once the games aren't on sale anymore and shoot up to full price.

I would 100% pay full price for a Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster though...if ALL the DLC for ALL the games were included. ME2 in particular I remember having all kinds of bullshit pre-order bonuses that were never released after launch. ME3 too.