• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rare

Oct 25, 2017

Man the pipes are just bursting now, huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Ah yeah this was when the game was set in San Francisco. Always wanted to see what this looked like

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope it isn't a recent or semi-recent build. Because that absolutely sucks for the developers. People taking advantage of companies needing to work from home, I guess? I feel bad for everyone involved.

Should mention this is from Yager's version of the game is dated around June 2015.

In that case it is neat!

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
plmusf5.jpg

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I've just bought Dead Island Definitive Edition and yup, this looks like Dead Island 2 alright

Doesn anyone know if this game is still in development?

The last time I've heard, it was in development hell/canceled

Dying Light completely destroyed Dead Island in terms of gameplay, so I was curious to know what they would bring to the table with Dead Island 2

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
I've just bought Dead Island Definitive Edition and yup, this looks like Dead Island 2 alright

Dying Light completely destroyed Dead Island in terms of gameplay, so I was curious to know what they would bring to the table with Dead Island 2

it's still being made by sumo digital last I read.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

It's coming...eventually, it will probably be released by 2025 at this point.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I know it's only one screenshot thus far, but that looks relatively...finished? Or very far along in dev anyway
Sadly nah lol this is the beginning of the game which is pretty finished but past that it also has plenty of issues scattered all over the place as this build seems incomplete.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
Deep Silver bumped this out because they weren't happy with Yager's vision. The game was pretty advanced in development, I played an early version and it was pretty cool. Like Dying light but more a fun-tone.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
That's dope. It's not common to get builds leaked anymore, and in the case of a game like Dead Island 2 it could be very interesting.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Damn, hopefully this gets leaked. Not just for pure curiosity, but for archival as well. It'd be really interesting to see the dead version of a game that's supposedly still in development five years later.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Damn, hopefully this gets leaked. Not just for pure curiosity, but for archival as well. It'd be really interesting to see the dead version of a game that's supposedly still in development five years later.

It's already out there, though I can't find any gameplay vids.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Was leaked on 4chan a few hours ago it's in the wild now going to be nice to rip it apart.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Considering how many studios have gotten their hands on this since it was announced, if and when this finally comes out, it'll be interesting to see how much of the original 'vision' is still intact, or whether this'll be a classic case of too many cooks.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The one game I hope to see leak is Human Head's Prey 2. It was almost finished and obviously wildly different from the Prey reboot, so it'd be amazing to play it.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Interested to see how much there is to the build. The sad part is that this will probably be the closest thing anyone will get to a final version of Dead Island 2, at the rate development seems to be going.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
The one game I hope to see leak is Human Head's Prey 2. It was almost finished and obviously wildly different from the Prey reboot, so it'd be amazing to play it.
Yeah I've personally been trying to contact many people around that time to potentially buy it off of them but frankly no luck sadly.

Radogol

Nov 9, 2017
A version of this was playable at Gamescom I think, so it stands to reason there's a sensible build.

Oct 27, 2017
It's astonishing how badly Deep Silver handled Dead Island. It was the franchise which put them on the map and somehow we're ten years after the first game released and the proper sequel is still nowhere near ready.

Borman

Digital Games Curator at The Strong Museum
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This!! I hope someday. Maybe Borman has some inside?

I keep trying for Prey 2, but it doesn't happen.

There is a thought that this particular leak comes from another leak that landed at least one person in hot water with the law (Dead Rising 4), and that it may phone home to a server, tracking people who play it on the off chance that server is still alive.