• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Might not be worth a thread, but F it, it's monday.

What's that weird unofficial remix of a track that you stumbled upon on the internet that immediately got you hooked?

Just a few minutes ago i found this remix of Biggie's "Suicidal Thoughts", made by some Eastern European dude; i got it stuck on repeat.

One other example i remember that's no longer available is a specific remix of "Poppa Large" by Ultramagnetic MC's where the beat was made with some arcade game sounds (maybe Pac Man) and had some type of acid lead on top. IIRC the link on the video redirected to a Japanese DJ's myspace page or something like that, it was pretty nice.
I searched internet archives, youtube, myspace, vimeo, daily motion, limewire, everywhere! Never found it again.

Any more examples that spring to mind?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

While Bad Royale is a fairly known group of producers, having been at various important festivals and having worked with likes of Diplo or Bunji Garlin and having licensed remixes of songs by Rihanna and Lizzo among others, back when they were rising they remixed plenty of tunes as unauthorized bootlegs as well. They played the Rihanna one at festivals so much that it ended up being licensed, but various other tunes kinda got lost, with YouTube copyright takedowns striking on them and such. Talented actress and singer Hailee Steinfeld made the catchy and memorable tune Love Myself a couple years back, and Bad Royale did an excellent remix of it combining trap, a bit of tropical vibes and a crescendo of fantastic drops. It's a fantastic tune, one of the best things Bad Royale's ever done, too bad it isn't gonna be on Spotify and the likes anytime soon.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Does this count? Morrowind Rap. My friend keeps sending me these and they're growing on me.