• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 29, 2017
fridge-open-disappointed-walk-away-nothing-1353706092r.gif

You mean you arent excited for the visionary director behind 'Chappie' to make a long commercial for EA's latest boondoggle!?

Seriously, when devs/publishers claim they have something big coming, is it EVER anything good?

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean you arent excited for the visionary director behind 'Chappie' to make a long commercial for EA's latest boondoggle!?

Seriously, when devs/publishers claim they have something big coming, is it EVER anything good?

This sounds cool to me, a live action video expanding the backstory and lore done by a director great at sci-Fi visuals.

Era is just super negative about everything

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this game will be huge, I think EA was underestimating their numbers, this is going sell more than 6 million by March
I honestly have no idea how it'll sell. If it does well I hope that translates into healthy content and safety of Bioware for quite a while instead of well, executive bonuses on EA side.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
this game will be huge, I think EA was underestimating their numbers, this is going sell more than 6 million by March

I really want this game to do good but none of my friends are interested in this, despite how great it looks. They've been burned out so much by the Destiny/ EA type hype trains that it's hard to get people on board. I don't blame them.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really want this game to do good but none of my friends are interested in this, despite how great it looks. They've been burned out so much by the Destiny/ EA type hype trains that it's hard to get people on board. I don't blame them.
This has been the same situation for me. Even people I got to play the demo just walked away saying "It was okay I guess. Menus, controls and technical issues were terrible. Maybe pick up down the line."

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I'm out of touch with live action commercials, I always ignore them and they have never influenced my decision whether to buy the game or not.

(I didn't mean for my post to be offtopic or sound like I'm whining, just making an honest observation)

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
seeing as how people are currently having their hour of hate rather than just say go look at the kind of stuff oat studios are making, i'll link to one of their pieces - this was made in unity.

if blomkamp makes something like this for anthem i'll be quite happy.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I feel like I'm out of touch with live action commercials, I always ignore them and they have never influenced my decision whether to buy the game or not.

(I didn't mean for my post to be offtopic or sound like I'm whining, just making an honest observation)

They don't influence me either. Even watch ones for games I don't even play, just think they're cool.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
White Xbox remains the sexiest console this gen, wish they had a white Xbox One X, or just a white elite controller.

I see this game is getting the Destiny treatment on here already with the hate.

There is a white Xbox Elite Controller.....

and there is a white Xbox One X

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea who Blomkamp was until today but cool. I don't care about this though, announce early access for PS4 you cowards!

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
TIL if you play a demo of something you did not like and express that opinion, you're "shitting at" said game.
Ok.

This thread was about an announcement for a game (see thread title above) certain people are interested in and the usual negative/toxic people insist on derailing the discussion about the announcement by shitting on a product/game they've clearly lost interest in. Is there not an Anthem thread prime where people could express (overstate) "that opinion"? Seems counterproductive to me to continue regurgitating the same lines over and over, joke too.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry but the division 2 = same old boring cover shooter mechanics with bullet sponge enemies and plodding gamplay.

Anthem = fly around like iron man and kill aliens with amazing abilities with 4 distinct classes to master.

The betas/demos clearly showed me which is the more interesting game. And its Anthem by a country mile. IMHO.

Oh, I agree with this. Anthem is better on gameplay and is the game I'm more interested in playing. Division 2 felt like the same game I played a few years ago. It's got some improvements, but it's basically just cover-sniping for hundreds of hours. Switching between endgame classes just gives you a slightly different special move, which were very underwhelming. The main change is to remove instant heals, which just forces people to cover-snipe even more.
I'm not sure how balanced Anthem will be, but it has the potential for some much more varied gameplay.

I was just saying that the presentation of the Division 2 beta was leagues above the Anthem demo. The intro and NPC interactions made the Division seem interesting, but the gameplay was still like a shittier version of Gears of War co-op.

The Anthem demo is a case study in how to fail at marketing (rule 1: you don't get a second chance to make a first impression).
Anthem's presentation seemed to do everything possible to make me not want to play the game. The bugs, the lack of story, the horrible base, the UI. But when you're actually playing it's fun and new and interesting (though I am worried about balance and easily exploitable AI that might undo the varied gameplay,. Sitting in the stratosphere and magic-sniping with Storms was too easy).

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
This thread was about an announcement for a game (see thread title above) certain people are interested in and the usual negative/toxic people insist on derailing the discussion about the announcement by shitting on a product/game they've clearly lost interest in. Is there not an Anthem thread prime where people could express (overstate) "that opinion"? Seems counterproductive to me to continue regurgitating the same lines over and over, joke too.

You'd be right if I randomly came in and started talking about what I think of Anthem. However, there was already a discussion about the merits of TD2 vs Anthem going on here, I merely contributed to it.
I suggest you get on the case of the people who started it instead, thank you.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
You'd be right if I randomly came in and started talking about what I think of Anthem. However, there was already a discussion about the merits of TD2 vs Anthem going on here, I merely contributed to it.
I suggest you get on the case of the people who started it instead, thank you.

Whatboutism? Nice. First of all I was responding to your post, a generalized statement, posting up a defense for this behavior couching it within "i gots opinions." rhetoric". You do you buddy but I think that is a flimsy argument especially when you are in a thread about an announcement for a game you have established already you think is poor. What exactly is the point of that?

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Whatboutism? Nice. First of all I was responding to your post, a generalized statement, posting up a defense for this behavior couching it within "i gots opinions." rhetoric". You do you buddy but I think that is a flimsy argument especially when you are in a thread about an announcement for a game you have established already you think is poor. What exactly is the point of that?

Ugh. Okay, next time someone accuses me of "shitting on a game" for no reason, I should probably just take it and stfu so I don't offend your sensibilities. Got it, buddy.

Doomshroom

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
HOLY SHIT!!!! and Apex dosent even have an intro! that game is now dead in the water. Anyone wanna guess for how many days the server will stay up before they pull the plug?

omg omg omg fuck off

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal. Some of my favorite tie-ins to video games have been live action, namely Halo 3.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
How have I not been mature and reasonable? At worst I called your argument/premise flimsy. But keep up the diplomatic take approach to things (note how much you doubled down on your shitting on Anthem). I'm sure you will go far.

No. You have been condescending from the start (calling strangers you purportedly want to have a mature and reasonable discussion with "buddy" isn't usually a show of good faith) and you apparently don't have as good a grasp on what "whataboutism" means as you think you do.
You try to appear mature, but at the same time, you can't help showing these red flags, like putting words in the opponent's mouth ("I gots opinions") to make them appear dumb, or telling them "I'm sure you will go far".
That's not what someone who really wants to have a mature and reasonable discussion does, I'm sorry to inform you. Some people probably fall for it, but nah, it just makes me not want to engage with you.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
It's clear we disagree. But just to correct you - you also load into the levels and hub and indoor sections in Anthem. There's no open world. Plus the tactical gameplay is something that will be very hard to achieve with enemies that have zero AI. But seriously, enjoy Anthem, it might even be a game for me in a year or so when they add more things I like.

To be clear up front, I think both games are going to suck. The only reason I'm going to play Anthem is because it came with my GPU and I stupidly activated the code instead of trying to sell it on ebay or whatever.

I won't deny anything you said about Anthem, but Division 2 is also guilty of most of your complaints, and has its own issues as well. First off, if you think Division 2 is a tactical shooter you need to play an actual tactical shooter. The genre "tactical shooter" and bullet sponge enemies can't inherently coexist. If you play an older Rainbow Six game (like raven shield) where there isn't 100 enemies at all times with 1/3rd of them rushing you with a baseball bat, and you can pop an enemy once in the head to kill them, then you may be playing a tactical shooter.

Division 2 requires you to employ tactics similar to you and your friends at the age of 11 playing paintball. Also, the games beta ran like shit on my relatively high end PC and looked worse than the first game. The only compliment I can give it is that's it slightly better optimized than Anthem.

Seriously go play Gears of War, the cover system actually functions properly in it and the alien monsters you fights are less tanky than the average baseball bat equipped meth head in the Division 2.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The only compliment I can give it is that's it slightly better optimized than Anthem.
I have to say there is also more content on Division demo, even if (base PS4) I encountered so much bugs I had to give up upon much of it. Both demos been a disaster for me, but at least the gameplay/movement in Anthem hooked me up.