• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Ugh Bethesda what are y'all doing...? At least we got these memes out of their ineptitude.

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
I MADE A THING!

PxpImmU.png

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Can they fix the music bug while they're at it?

How the hell do you screw up porting DOOM?!
You can port that thing onto a fucking fridge.

Nov 8, 2017
Oh interesting. Do you also use the Bethesda launcher? Maybe it somehow pulls from that somehow.

I do have an account, but I don't recall ever signing it in with anything on steam.

Edit: I just logged in to my Bethnet account and it lists my Steam as a linked account. I'm fairly sure I never did that manually, but maybe I'm just forgetful? Otherwise I must have logged in on Rage 2, since that's the only game of theirs I've even played since Beth accounts were a thing.

singo

Nov 5, 2017
I feel like every time someone posts about funny gaffes like this, it's always Bethesda.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I love how much shit Bethesda is getting over this.
If only the same had been done with IOI making the Hitman games require an internet connection to make single player progress, or Denuvo online activations.

Fastrun

Oct 27, 2017

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I do have an account, but I don't recall ever signing it in with anything on steam.

Edit: I just logged in to my Bethnet account and it lists my Steam as a linked account. I'm fairly sure I never did that manually, but maybe I'm just forgetful? Otherwise I must have logged in on Rage 2, since that's the only game of theirs I've even played since Beth accounts were a thing.

Yeah same here, Rage 2 was my first Bethesda launcher game. Gonna check mine too when I get home because I know for sure I never linked them. I hope it's not doing this on it's own.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Someone should have made a silent hills /P.T. meme for this

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I got in on this too. I like how they're usually convincingly added into the game to be as realistic as possible.