• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The mistake was not getting him to unvote before you laid out your plan. If you had done that I still probably would've turboed instantly but Kop would have had nooo doubts I was scum lol
Nah, as I lay out in the spec. chat, I was always going to do what town wanted and exclude Kopite. I wanted more conversation, more debate, and more reactions. I wanted us all to see where we were at. Maybe there was the possibility all 3 of us were town. That hammer made me initially think you were town, but in retrospect, what you did really did have scum all over it.

Damn.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You know who didn't hesitate to hammer? Mafia.
tenor.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Well played everyone! Sorry to empressdonna for stacking the vote on you when you were busy. Felt kinda bad but I had to do what I had to do. I did at least try and pivot to Zipped lol

OP
OP
Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
The game boards on Outer will be open soon.

Spec is joint between this game and mini so if you want spec access please ask.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, as I lay out in the spec. chat, I was always going to do what town wanted and exclude Kopite. I wanted more conversation, more debate, and more reactions. I wanted us all to see where we were at. Maybe there was the possibility all 3 of us were town. That hammer made me initially think you were town, but in retrospect, what you did really did have scum all over it.

Damn.
Wow, I thought you were truly going to go for me the whole time. I was complaining in spec chat before you made that post that I felt like you were going to pounce on me. I almost wanted to push the thread to go with Apollo's room setup and didn't because I thought it would be too obvious. I was so convinced lol

Anyway well played Natiko, your gambits were ballsy af, you're a deserved winner
Thanks! Now if all gamerunners could stop rolling me as scum for awhile because it's much more stressful and a lot less fun than being town😦

OP
OP
Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll start granting spec access if Cap isn't around. Ask the gamerunner chat if they want an additional OM rep now that I'm free plz

We brought in Retro to help out.

I want to say thanks to him and CaptainNeuvo. Captain especially for getting all the boards set up. They got to all my requests in as quick as they could for adding people to the room threads.

I also want to thank my reviewers Roy and Grizzly, the game did not start in this state and they really knocked it into shape.

I really hope everyone enjoyed themselves playing this small a game. I had fun running it, if a bit rushed to get things done quickly.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I want to say thanks to him and CaptainNeuvo. Captain especially for getting all the boards set up. They got to all my requests in as quick as they could for adding people to the room threads.

I also want to thank my reviewers Roy and Grizzly, the game did not start in this state and they really knocked it into shape.

I really hope everyone enjoyed themselves playing this small a game. I had fun running it, if a bit rushed to get things done quickly.
I enjoyed it! The first room phase was rough activity wise, but I knew that going in just based on the players. It was a really interesting setup though and I always enjoy smaller games.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

I thought the concept was really cool and I had a lot of fun watching it from the sidelines! Great idea for sure, having 2 day phases, splitting people in to rooms based on crazy math shit, and having there be no power roles at all was really unique and fun to see.

Also, this was literally me when I saw Flux was the one who got excluded during the last phase:
giphy.gif

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I liked it a lot but it was really hard to get into it at first. On the Mansion i had a lot of time to get into the groove, here i felt like i was being dropped into the madness of end game right away. Intense.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

I liked it even if I seemed frustrated at times, haha. Thanks for running the game mate.

OP
OP
Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the concept was really cool and I had a lot of fun watching it from the sidelines! Great idea for sure, having 2 day phases, splitting people in to rooms based on crazy math shit, and having there be no power roles at all was really unique and fun to see.

Also, this was literally me when I saw Flux was the one who got excluded during the last phase:
giphy.gif

That whole thing had me laughing. I'm still cracking up at Natiko's hammer line in the room thread

Natiko said:
Lol oh okay then. Have it your way scum.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Flux's plan of putting himself in a room with 2 people scum reading him had a fatal flaw.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That whole thing had me laughing. I'm still cracking up at Natiko's hammer line in the room thread

Flux's plan of putting himself in a room with 2 people scum reading him had a fatal flaw.
Lol, yeah, I was trying to picture in my head how that room was going to go, and when I saw that update in here with Flux's flip I was just like "Well, I don't know what he expected" lol.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Faddy for running the game, Cap and Retro for picking up my slack, Bronson for being a great scummate, and all the other players for making it such a fun game. Now I retire a winner for the rest of this (half?) season.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Overall, I think I'm happy with my play this time. Couldn't carry it through, and made a mistake of considering all the possibilities at a critical juncture (i.e. Natiko being scum and being able to turbo me immediately if I said something off). But I think I was reasonable, and handled situations the best way I could outside of that.

Next step is being able to really consider how others might react to something and go from there, instead of thinking everyone—town or scum—is playing with the best intentions or "optimally."
Yeah... kinda. saenima was right, I miscalculated. I truly didn't care about being excluded in that room by throwing myself into the lion's den. Hell, we nearly excluded scum because of it until madness happened at the very end. So I don't regret it too much.

But it gave my exclusion an excuse by the other two involved. It shouldn't have been 3 people who were closely connected prior to that phase being shoved together. It gave them an out to go off-script without appearing completely scummy.

It was a really neat game. Isolating discussion and planning out who should be in rooms together was a neat layer, and I like that we didn't have to think about power roles messing around with things (Heist was a game I liked for that reason, too).

Also structurally close to the source material.

OP
OP
Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to say thanks to everyone for just running with the Exclude/Eliminate instead of Lynch and Kill.

I was writing the opening flavour and decided to change it exactly when I posted in the thread. It was a spur of the moment thing and thought it made sense flavour wise so it was worth a try to see how it went. Everyone just went with it and we even had the NE/ME shorthand pop up.

There was also going to be more flavour in PMs and I did even think about giving everyone a puzzle that revealed their number but I really wanted to get the game started so there was only 1 weekend and the Saturday was an off day.

OP
OP
Faddy

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think these two things go together

I liked it even if I seemed frustrated at times, haha. Thanks for running the game mate.

Next step is being able to really consider how others might react to something and go from there, instead of thinking everyone—town or scum—is playing with the best intentions or "optimally."

I think Vere was annoyed/frustrated at you voting him so early in the room. It put him on the back foot and you didn't give him much of a way out. Everything he said was just another reason to call him mafia.

Flux I also think you had a great read on kopite but the actual time to bring that up was when choosing rooms instead of trying to blindside people later. I think you can get Bronson in that phase otherwise.

You need to try and bring people along with you. I failed on that front in Simon Says so I have been thinking about this.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I think these two things go together

I think Vere was annoyed/frustrated at you voting him so early in the room. It put him on the back foot and you didn't give him much of a way out. Everything he said was just another reason to call him mafia.

Flux I also think you had a great read on kopite but the actual time to bring that up was when choosing rooms instead of trying to blindside people later. I think you can get Bronson in that phase otherwise.

You need to try and bring people along with you. I failed on that front in Simon Says so I have been thinking about this.
I definitely reacted poorly in hindsight, which I regret and will try to fix for future games. There should've been some common ground and we kind of lost it at the start.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I shit you not I jumped out of my goddamn chair when Kopite voted for Sae

I had so much suspicion during the game but it was so obvious that I was able to sneak n peek

Also that no exclude in the other room almost ruined EVERYTHING lol
I almost fell down when I saw the vote on Sae. Then I despaired.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I shit you not I jumped out of my goddamn chair when Kopite voted for Sae

I gotta say tho, Kop's play was probably the worst gambit in the history of gambits lol

People not voting on me proved nothing. Scum voting me would win them the game.

Where is the win angle there? <3 Kop but that was totally the wrong move.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... kinda. @saenima was right, I miscalculated. I truly didn't care about being excluded in that room by throwing myself into the lion's den. Hell, we nearly excluded scum because of it until madness happened at the very end. So I don't regret it too much.

When i saw your exclusion i just threw my hands up lol

I knew our chances of winning were slim from there on. I did expect us to just get rid of Nat today tho, and then mess up on the last day.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Benefit of hindsight and all, how likely were y'all to vote me the next day if Nat got popped?
If it was me, you and Kopite, I would've voted for you. Nat's a really good player and I don't think he would make such a low level mistake like being scum/scum with Kopite.

Between me, Sae and you, I'd still go for you because of Sae being on Natiko and him not being hammered.