• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I have to imagine them dropping the games to One S specs will make sure they're damn near locked at 60 FPS on the Series X at least.

You'd think so, but then again I'm not that interested in playing old stuff at 900p and medium/low settings. The real test will be for the games that get the boost and run at 1440p-4K.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think so, but then again I'm not that interested in playing old stuff at 900p and medium/low settings. The real test will be for the games that get the boost and run at 1440p-4K.
True enough. The Shadow of the TR videos that have been posted earlier in the topic seemed pretty good running in the "Resolution mode"

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Thats actually quite exciting because if they added a whole new tab to the Game Pass app; they aren't remotely done adding FPS Boost to games.
Yeah, I have a strong feeling they're gonna try to get all of the games that work with their method to get boosted, and then just continuously update those games every gen
Sweet, amazing work by MS. I want to replay the Tomb Raider trilogy but I don't see Rise of the Tomb Raider on the list. Am I missing it?
Nope, Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't in the program yet, hopefully it gets added in the next batch or something

Some of the games being boosted to 120 is big, Microsoft keeps knocking it out of the park.
Yeah, Mad Max going from 30fps to 120fps is fucking insane and it's gonna be really great to see how this evolves in the future

jungomitis

Apr 8, 2020
Hmmm to play Yakuza 6 on playstation to keep the trophies together or to take advantage of fps boost...

great job microsoft! Appreciate the effort definitely. I've been playing prey and I can't imagine how sluggish it must have been on the original hardware

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Really got to give props to MS for this, half the time on PC i go back to play older games & it's always nice to play them at higher FPS than before.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Curses, I was almost certain AC Odyssey/Origins would pop up here. I'll keep holding onto hope.

Incredible update otherwise though, kinda makes me want to double dip on Sleeping Dogs (again).

ShimmyShakes

Nov 1, 2017
Damn, that's impressive. Might have to consider rebuying the Far Cry games on Xbox next time I want to replay rather than my PS4 versions.

Some posts about the Series S getting shafted here, but I don't see it that way. Most of the games on that list can do 60fps on Series S, and some even 120fps. I assume that's at ~1080p which was the main target res for Series S. That's pretty awesome. Still very happy with my Series S purchase.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
So for gears 4, when fps boost mode is on you loose all the one x enhanced features?

Update: just tried Gears 4 with fps boost off, the game now flip back one x enhanced features for 4k 30fps or 1080p 60fps which is pretty much locked 60fps running on xbsx. The fps boost mode is actually downgrade forcing the game to run in one s mode only.

Last edited:

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
Unity looks really good at 60fps+Auto HDR. If only they could do a res boost but still its pretty amazing how improved it is.

Inquisition also plays really well at 60fps. Now if SE can put Shadow of the Tomb Raider on sale I'd love to try that at 60fps.

Seen this post then booted up unity to no auto HDR was a little disappointed but the 60 FPS is really nice .

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some posts about the Series S getting shafted here, but I don't see it that way. Most of the games on that list can do 60fps on Series S, and some even 120fps. I assume that's at ~1080p which was the main target res for Series S. That's pretty awesome. Still very happy with my Series S purchase.

Yeah just 7 games which don't achieve 60 fps on Series S, I ignore the games which can't achieve 120 fps because my TV can't handle higher framerate. I wonder what happen with those 7 games, specially Life is strange 2.

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Curses, I was almost certain AC Odyssey/Origins would pop up here. I'll keep holding onto hope.

Incredible update otherwise though, kinda makes me want to double dip on Sleeping Dogs (again).

Decided to visit Odyssey to finish dlc and agreed, it would have been nice. Always been on console and used to 30 fps. But after so much 60, it takes the eyes a bit to adjust back down.

shadewolf

Oct 27, 2017
Played about an hour of Dying Light earlier. It would really benefit from a res boost or some proper 1X type patch, but damn it feels good to play at 60fps.

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
Probably already posted multiple times but I didn't realize ac unity was on sale for 9.99 if you have gold until now.

Buy Assassin's Creed Unity | Xbox

Assassin’s Creed® Unity tells the story of Arno, a young man who embarks upon an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the French Revolution. In the brand new co-op mode, you and your friends will also be thrown in the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation. Rely...

IamAToast

Apr 18, 2018
Germany
It would be interesting to have an experimental option to use one x profile for the games that drop resolution. I have VRR Display so unsteady framerates could be playable.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
Probably already posted multiple times but I didn't realize ac unity was on sale for 9.99 if you have gold until now.

Buy Assassin's Creed Unity | Xbox

Assassin’s Creed® Unity tells the story of Arno, a young man who embarks upon an extraordinary journey to expose the true powers behind the French Revolution. In the brand new co-op mode, you and your friends will also be thrown in the middle of a ruthless struggle for the fate of a nation. Rely...

People have been posting this for $2.79, actually

www.cdkeys.com

Assassin's Creed Unity Xbox One - Digital Code

Buy Assassin's Creed Unity Xbox One - Digital Code ✔️ CD Key ✔️ Instant download ✔️ Fantastic price ✔️ Digital Download ✔️

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
They released too many at once. I'm on the toilet at work trying to download them all but it's telling me my SDD is full. :(

Jul 28, 2020
I naturally went for the most adrenaline pumping title on the list and played Halo Wars 2. It's surprising how much even an RTS benefits from the enhanced frame rate. It looks so smooth to me now.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm to play Yakuza 6 on playstation to keep the trophies together or to take advantage of fps boost...

great job microsoft! Appreciate the effort definitely. I've been playing prey and I can't imagine how sluggish it must have been on the original hardware

FPS boost. Are trophies really going to impact your playthrough enough to warrant the game playing that much worse? And unless you are playing it on the PS5 (the only PS platform where performance is a solid 30) you are gonna have "fun" - and by fun I mean FPS drops (even on the PS4 Pro) and on the base PS4 its a fucking mess with tons of screen tearing.

I've only played the opening boss battle again on the Series X to test the boost, but its just so much better. Kinda miffed I replayed the game on my PS5 a few months back when I could have either played it here, or modded on the PC (for the best experience - putting all that music back into the game)

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm...
There's a few games on this list that are in my PS4 backlog, because that version was superior. Now that's a dilemma.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, there are SO many games on there sat in my backlog.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Deus Ex MD
Alien isolation

Where to begin... Unbelievable work by the BC team. I'm ecstatic my money hasn't been wasted on these games.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
The game is below 1080p right?
If they also updated the res it would be awesome, the game is great.
1080p'ish.

Digital Foundry: "1536x1080, with both seemingly using a variant of SMAA T2X anti-aliasing."

I have both the Xbox & PS4 versions and can hardly tell the difference honestly although there's a slim possibility it might have gotten some full 1080p update since Digital Foundry did their pixel counts.

The FPS boost is amazing with some spectacular results for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Mad Max, Dying Light & more. The only real bummer out of these is Gears 4 since the FPS boost disables the 4K mode. Only other way it can get 4K 60fps is if Coalition did a title update to have that mode or the FPS boost disabled the lower settings.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I just tried this with Anthem and is it me or does the game look like SHIT when you turn on FPS boost? I feel like it dropped to 900p or something.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I just tried this with Anthem and is it me or does the game look like SHIT when you turn on FPS boost? I feel like it dropped to 900p or something.

If you're playing on Series X, then that's exactly what it does.

The games with FPS Boost "Off by default on Series X" run using the One S performance profile instead of their higher-res One X iterations.

MaestroChief

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2020
Holy hell The Division 1 looks and plays beautifully now. The game looked pretty damn good before thanks to the One X enhancements, but man, seeing it with the enhancements + the 60 FPS boost now really makes the visuals shine.

I want to play this game, but i don't really like to play multiplayer. Can you play alone?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
If you're playing on Series X, then that's exactly what it does.

The games with FPS Boost "Off by default on Series X" run using the One S performance profile instead of their higher-res One X iterations.

Ohhhhh. So it drops the resolution super low to sort of BRUTE FORCE the fps since the game isn't actually optimized for that framerate. Damn it's such a shame because I feel like Anthem could run at whatever 4k-ish resolution it's running at and 60fps. Just tried Battlefront 2 and same thing. I thought maybe I wouldn't notice but the shimmering is unmistakable. I'll take 4k/60 over 900-1080/120. It's cool for people who prefer 120 though.

Are there any games that hold their 4k resolution while pushing the framerate higher?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd check out Far Cry 5 but it's currently $100 AU on the Xbox store LOL

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, in the future with an even more powerful Xbox we probably get a higher resolution as well as the frame rates?