• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Come to think of it I was right in the nominee thread that Parasite will win in every category it was nominated for and it just did that today. At the time there were so many non believers at the time saying Parasite will never win BP because it's a foreign film blah blah subtitles blah. So to all those suckers go and eat some crow.

On a serious note. Parasite deserve it, it just a shame people only recently found out about how good Korean cinema is. For new comer go and watch another Bong's masterpiece which is Memories of Murder which I think is a bit better than Parasite since its based on a true story.
It lost editing D: and set design I think.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a hot take: Frozen II was better than Toy Story 4. Felt really ambitious.

I've only seen each once though so I could easily change my mind.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Scorsese applauding Bong Joon-Ho when he won best director.
F16MdDB.gif

When Bong-Joon Ho quotes Scorsese. I cried.
4lTTAEl.gif

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Klaus was the better film imo. TS4 had too much filler, and as a whole it was just a "filler movie" too. So unnecessary.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Still laughing at how badly the clips spoiled Jojo Rabbit, Parasite and Joker. Literally showed the ending shot of Jojo, and the big twist in Parasite.
The Oscars have never shied away from showing the entirety of the films nominated. Which I'd prefer for them to do - the point is to honor the best of these films, even if it means showcasing the endings.

Elrid

Oct 28, 2017
Still miss River Phoenix everyday. Was my guy growing up. Joaquin is another level and a great brother. Really feel for him.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
So....

Do we know who came up with inviting Eminem to perform Lose Yourself at the Oscars in 2020? Legitimately one of the most confusing Oscar moments I remember

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only here to celebrate Parasite winning Best Picture.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
This was a weird year because the winners that won for the most part deserved it but there's so much extremely good stuff that didn't win enough or didn't even win anything.

Oct 29, 2017
I love how Klaus looks, but I thought it was shallow in its themes. The storytelling feels like something from 20 years ago. It may not have been nominated if the artistry wasn't so impressive. I Lost My Body was the better film for me, even with its choppy animation.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
In general that's an overplayed clip, as is the big run in 1917, both of which are the climaxes of their respective films and have long buildups to them. It lessens the impact.
Oh I wasn't aware of that, this is why I avoid trailers for anything non MCU/SW as much as I can. Watched Marriage Story without having seen a single clip and it was great.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
This was a weird year because the winners that won for the most part deserved it but there's so much extremely good stuff that didn't win enough or didn't even win anything.
Most of the really good stuff that deserved to win and didn't weren't even nominated.
Nyong'o, Awkwafina, Dafoe... and most of the missing nominations for Rocketman and The Farewell stand out there.

Probably would have resulted in more contested and competitive Oscar races instead of the parade of sweeps and predictable outcomes we wound up with instead but at least the Academy did a bang up job ensuring the deserving winners won in MOST of the categories. I have a nit to pick with Original Song but I'll trade giving Elton an Oscar for a mediocre song for a quartet of Parasite wins any day of the week.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Still laughing at how badly the clips spoiled Jojo Rabbit, Parasite and Joker. Literally showed the ending shot of Jojo, and the big twist in Parasite.

Although probably not as big of a deal, they also showed Palpatine evaporating in Rise of Skywalker, which I thought was funny.

Most people don't care, I imagine. Spoiler culture is overrated.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Pesci or or Pacino deserved it and I loved Pitt in OUATIH.

His first acting Oscar though unlike theirs would have been.
Irishman showing off Pesci's more controlled and subtle acting really did it for me

especially his acting during the scenes when he's really really old

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Poor Marty. Like The Irishman, Silence really deserved a lot more too and got just one nomination back in 2017. They're both up there among the best of the decade IMO. Mel Gibson got nominated for best director instead.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad that Parasite was this year's "big winner" and glad I saw it before tonight. When the nominations were announced I thought the Joker love was a little overboard but I actually think the categories it ended up winning were deserved.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really nice to see Parasite being this recognized.

2019 was nuts. The only movie I missed was Portrait of a lady on fire because it was released earlier this year in US. That would put more spice to this dispute.

mjp2417

Nov 2, 2017
The Irishman could have won a bunch of Oscars (it's a great movie!) but it's no crime that it didn't win any because there were actually other great movies that were nominated this year along with the usual Oscar blandness