• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
And I should elaborate that The Joker is not gonna beat any of the other films its going up against. It doesn't have better cinematography then 1917 or The Lighthouse for example. It never had a chance against those films for example.

I think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Parasite were better than Joker so I'd be fine with those two beating it in multiple categories. The Lighthouse didn't really do much for me, haven't seen 1917 yet. Just because there were better films doesn't automatically make Joker a bad one.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
God damn it, this thread is too fun and I can't commit to abstaining when I've watched every Oscars for the last 20 years. Guess I'll turn this shit on.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
I see what they're doing by having the relatively unknown minority actors introduce the award presenters...and I honestly have no problem with it because it gives them a chance to shine.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
I've only been watching for 20 minutes, and this song is ok, but god damn I have seen more musical performances than awards

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and Parasite were better than Joker so I'd be fine with those two beating it in multiple categories. The Lighthouse didn't really do much for me, haven't seen 1917 yet. Just because there were better films doesn't automatically make Joker a bad one.

And my post was saying I have no clue why people think The Joker was going to take any categories besides male acting and some random techincal ones. It's not a bad movie but it ain't in the league of the films its going up against in those particular categories. Even actin isn't a given considering the stiff competition and the fact I don't think Phoenix's performance was matched by the material he had to work with.

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just got an article notification from CNN saying Eminem performed at the Oscars and that not everyone was sure what he was doing there...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy it's.

giphy.gif