• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
What is it with people and calling the police on lemonade stands?

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. - The 911 caller wanted a gang of potential scofflaws on Gig Harbor's Peacock Hill checked out Thursday afternoon.

The alleged crime: Beverage selling without supervision.

Thirsty deputies from the Pierce County Sheriff's Department responded to the scene en masse.

"If you were the person who called 911 to report unsupervised children selling drinks at a lemonade stand, please know that they are great kids and their mom was with them," the Sheriff's Department posted on Facebook.

ShotyMcFat

Oct 29, 2017
I remember reading a similar story to this not too long ago where a health inspector was called because the kid didn't have a license, then the inspector helped the kid get the health standards of his lemonade stand up to code then helped him get a permit.

People who just want to ruin these kids are just absolute scum. So it's good to see when it backfires.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i remember one where someone's lemonade stand got shut down because they didn't have a merchant's license

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who calls 911 on kids selling lemonade?
white-woman-racist-on-phon-e-black-barbeque1.jpg

moomoo14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I honestly find it strange that there's people that do this. Because I have found that this unites pretty much all Americans together. Everyone I know, regardless of skin color, religious belief, economic background, etc., HATE people that pull this crap.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm European and in every US- sitcom I ever watched children always sell lemonade on their houses lawn to make a few bucks.
I honestly thought it was the law in the US that children could just do that

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Not the first time I've heard of this. Nothing can ever be innocent anymore, can it?

'THEY'RE SELLING CRACK IN THAT LEMONADE! I KNOW IT!"

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
911 caller was right! Mother nowhere to be seen in the picture! Lock em up!

Tuppen

Nov 28, 2017
I like that they sent six cops. Seems reasonable... Slow day I guess. To me it seems weird that they responded to that at all.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly you can't tell me that these same people didn't sell lemonade as a kid growing up or at least have friends or see other kids their age doing it. It is common af in my home town, especially the kids who live near parks or the school. My sibs and I used to sell lemonade as a kid too. Fuck anyone who calls the cops on these kids. Especially if they're like "OH NO THEY DON'T HAVE A PERMIT!!!" like wtf it's not like they're going to be making substantial income anyway.