• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which potential sequel game is your favourite?

• Bloodborne sequel

Votes: 851 52.9%
  • Days Gone sequel

Votes: 115 7.2%
  • God Of War sequel

Votes: 677 42.1%
  • Horizon Zero Dawn sequel

Votes: 599 37.3%
  • Infamous Second Son sequel

Votes: 173 10.8%
  • The Order 1866 sequel

Votes: 195 12.1%
  • Ratchet and Clank sequel

Votes: 229 14.2%

• Total voters

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing Bloodborne sequel made me remember we haven't seen anything on Elden Ring. Is that a next gen title?

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I think my top 10 anticipated sequels for PS5 would be
  1. God of War sequel
  2. Horizon 2
  3. Spider-Man 2
  4. Ratchet & Clank sequel
  5. Infamous sequel
  6. Days Gone 2
  7. The Order sequel
  8. Astrobot 2
  9. Gran Turismo 7
  10. Gravity Rush 3

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Why even make a what if article like that as a news site that gives no additional value to your readers?
Z7HeRxU.png

it's just a fun article. Lot's of places do speculative pieces like this.

THE_W1TCHER

Oct 28, 2017
I realy want to know more about days gone's world. Setup for the sequel seemed to be very interesting.

God of war 2 (5?) is going to be awesome. But it's kinda obvious Thor is next.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I would pay $150 US dollars for an inFAMOUS: Second Son sequel - sight unseen. Just gimme.

And if Horizon Zero Dawn gets a sequel (I don't see any reason it wouldn't) I am going to try and snag whatever super-duper collector's edition they float this time around.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take a sequel to God of War thanks to the teaser at the end, but I'd rather have new stuff from the rest of the developers. Everyone says they want sequels sequels sequels but if they had gotten them when we headed into this generation we'd never have gotten Horizon or Bloodborne, which both came from studios very well known for other games / series.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Due to the episodic nature and PS+ saves carrying across systems I think FF7R2 will sell a lot of PS5's. Also Monster Hunter World 2.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Voted Bloodborne because it's the GOAT even if I'd be fine with From making other "dark fantasy RPGs" instead, God of War because it needs one the most story-wise (edit: and it was a fantastic game) and Ratchet & Clank because that series is my gaming comfort food. I'd buy sequels to all the ones in the poll though plus Astro Bot 2.

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
In order of my preference:
God of War - I'm stoked to see the next chapter
Bloodborne - doesn't need a sequel, but I'd love one
Horizon - a sequel sounds interesting
Spider-Man - also excited for

The rest, I'd prefer NOT to have sequels. I'd rather see new ideas. Guerrilla knocking it out of the park, instead of making more uninteresting Killzone games, is a great example.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they bring Warhawk back, there will always be a hole left in my heart.

Oct 28, 2019
I knew Bloodborne would be 1 one here, because that's the exact opposite of what most people outside of Era would want. I still don't understand what that game is so popular here. My money is on Horizon 2.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Come on, some pretty uninspired choices for that poll. Reach for stars OP!

badnewsbeers

Dec 10, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Miyazaki is my favourite developer of all time, and he has proven he is at his best when he is working on original ideas, not sequels. I love Bloodborne, unreservedly, but it does not require a sequel. I'm much more excited for new ip that he creates!

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
The first 18 months of PS5 are going to be crazy, I'm sure.

Horizon 2 is my most anticipated and I predict to be the front-runner and premier showcase for the PS5 cause it's Guerrilla Games and that is what they do. WWS also seems to be as streamlined as you can expect after years of building PS4 foundations and the transition to PS5 has to be the smoothest out of any generation so far, so I expect a better turnaround in the first few years.

Oct 25, 2017
I recognize that those are wonderful games, but as far as personal preferences, they're all a hard pass for me.

Gimme a new Gravity Rush and Boku no Natsuyasumi.

Last edited:

MarcyPoos

Oct 25, 2017
I love Bloodborne but not sure if I'd want a sequel. God of War is the sequel I want most.

Freddie13

Nov 2, 2017
I am sure the only reason that the Order got some votes is because people want to give Sony a chance to correct their mistake......

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Several of those would get me interested but more Bloodborne is waaaay ahead of everything else. It's the reason I bought a PS4, it could be the reason I buy a PS5.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Bloodborne or Horizon for me. Infamous SS was such a step down from 2, I'm not sure I'd even care about a new one.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn was so flawed, yet so good.
Since they now already have the fundamentals for that world, I am convinced Horizon 2 is gonna blow people away.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Lol I'm not interested in any of those except Bloodborne. But even then I'd rather have Fromsoft work on something new.