• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Sold my old ps4 with PT installed to my mate for £50 and a bag of weed.

I'm a bloody idiot. How was I supposed to know a demo of a 5 minute horror experience would become so popular?

Last edited:

electroaffe

Oct 28, 2017
Berlin
I had P.T. but in Europe they ended the licence for the demo and it's not playable anymore.

But I think the Bloodborne, Nier: Automata and Monster Hunter Steelbooks I own are at least a bit rare (and I love them).

img_20190327_155443-jpg.101485

Frunkalicious

Oct 28, 2017
Most (all?) of these are sub $60 games.
I've owned and sold the majority of them.
Gryphon Knight is actually expensive, otherwise you are correct.

Which brings me to my point; in 10-15 years, this list will most likely consist of 9 shmups, if history is anything to go by. I guess shot em up fans just tend to keep their games, like having a collection and hates money the most. Its kinda annoying tbh

And yes, Im part of that problem.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
P.T. isn't as rare as long as you had it on your account. I used that one method to download it because I put it on my account before I had a PS4 years ago.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea Gravity Rush was worth anything. I might sell it in that case lol

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
Godzilla for the PS4 needs to be added. It was pulled from the PlayStation store several months ago and the game has gone from $20 to over $150 in just that time. It'll only increase from here.

Mr. Mug

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing on PS4 will ever be considered rare and valuable. Not even in 20-30 years time.

Same goes for PS3. The days of games becoming rare and valuable is long dead.

Likewise, there will never be a held nostalgia for these games and consoles; so the PS3 & PS4 software/hardware will eventually be worth almost nothing and will forever be worth almost nothing. Nothing to do with these platforms will hold its value past its expiration date.

I admit these are mostly few and far between there probably will be a few games that got a relatively low print run and gained a bit of cult status like the Yakuza games for example. Besides that it's mostly certain LEs and CEs that are likely to become valuable especially sealed.

That being said something being rare doesn't always mean it's valuable. I also think there'll absolutely be nostalgia for ps3/4 but that it probably won't drive up prices much. Besides that I do agree with you on the huge majority of games that are already worth almost nothing. I don't expect prices to go up for those much.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Gravity Rush Remastered is still sitting on store shelves in Australia. You can probably import it through Australian Amazon if you guys really want a physical copy (being region free and all).

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
i dont think its that rare now... but as a collector myself, i feel like physical copy of Secret Of Mana Remake is gonna be worth a couple extra bucks.

Its a low print limited release... so...

FqHcJjk.jpg

Gravity Rush Remastered is still sitting on store shelves in Australia. You can probably import it through Australian Amazon if you guys really want a physical copy (being region free and all).

Seems like a lot of people dont understand, just because a collectible game is available in a different region doesnt make that game "collectible" or "rare"

The collectors want specific printings. A low US print means the US version is rare and valuable... not the game itself. So UK and Aus versions are worthless if theyre a way higher print count.

Collectors want low print titles, out of print titles, and generally rare titles. Doesnt matter if the game itself is available elsewhere or digitally.

Last edited:

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I have Gryphon Knight Epic and Retro City Rampage DX.

Cursed Castilla EX should be on this list, it goes for at least $150

DJKippling

Nov 1, 2017
Limited release games are an easy way to make money now. There will be more and more companies getting into that market as time goes on as its preys on obsessive collectors to make easy money on games not really worth that much in the light of digital versions.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Why would the North American release of Gravity Rush be worth more than its (exactly the same) European counterpart? It's not like it's region-locked or anything.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Gravity Rush US (still sealed) is the only one I have. Had no idea about its exclusivity here or the fact that it's not only worth $5-10 like so many common titles.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Why would the North American release of Gravity Rush be worth more than its (exactly the same) European counterpart? It's not like it's region-locked or anything.

Ive explained this...

Low print. Unlocked Regions has nothing to do with releases of games considered collectibles. A US version of a game, to collectors, is inherently different from foreign regions, which makes that version desirable.

Low print in US means that US version is rare.

The people who are paying high prices arent the people just looking to play the game... they are the collectors who want to own something rare or unique.

Last edited:

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Ive explained this...

Low print. Unlocked Regions has nothing to do with releases of games considered collectibles. A US version of a game, to collectors, is inherently different from foreign regions, which makes that version desirable.

Low print in US means that US version is rare.

The people who are paying high prices arent the people just looking to play the game... they are the collectors who want to own something rare or unique.
I realize that, but it's the same exact game. There is no difference. There is no region lock. I understand the cover is different and it has a lower print-run, but there is no reason for it to be more expensive because it literally does the same thing other regions do.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying collector's are weird and stupid sometimes. Like that dumbass Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System. The normal version is worthless and super-common, but some specific release is the exact same game, right down to the cartridge. The only difference is a paper sticker that was put over the bar code and that makes it worth, I dunno, couple a hundred bucks or something. It's just dumb what people find valuable sometimes.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
isnt the launch edition of yakuza 0 very pricey now too? I checked awhile ago and it was around $200 sealed

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
I realize that, but it's the same exact game. There is no difference. There is no region lock. I understand the cover is different and it has a lower print-run, but there is no reason for it to be more expensive because it literally does the same thing other regions do.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying collector's are weird and stupid sometimes. Like that dumbass Sonic the Hedgehog on Master System. The normal version is worthless and super-common, but some specific release is the exact same game, right down to the cartridge. The only difference is a paper sticker that was put over the bar code and that makes it worth, I dunno, couple a hundred bucks or something. It's just dumb what people find valuable sometimes.

Thats Collector mentality dude.
It doesnt matter if the most common game in the world is available on every device known, if a version is rarer than others, its desired.

Same reason a copy of Earthbound is so expensive even though you could by repro, for a fraction of the price.

Ill admit too, im a collector... mainly comics and some games... i look for low print... i can read all the rare comics digitally, but nothing like having a physical copy of a rare book/game. Its just how collectors look at stuff... yeah its strange, but its fun finding rare stuff, or buying something that becomes rare... hell i have a few modern books that for some reason jumped to the thousands in price, but ill never sell. Its just cool knowing my Wolverine #1 Deadpool variant signed by campbell is worth that much.

Last edited: