• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Well...I have a physical copy of Lost in the Rain still sealed. It seems to go for quite a lot these days. There aren't many but there are definitely some expensive PS3 games.

Vita has plenty of high value titles as well.

There are a few PS4 games that fetch a lot as well plus I'd imagine some games, like the Darius Collection on Switch which has no digital version, will go up in time.

I don't think we'll see anything crazy but there will be a few.
The physical collection of the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games (PS3, Japan) seems also a bit pricier than I remember. Can't even find the asian release on ebay (have this one still sealed).

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
These all seem like limited run prints, what do you expect. Indie games are bought generally via PSN aside from these limited runs. But they don't seem to have huge widespread appeal/value, I could only see games without a digital presence having any real value on PS4 in the future, maybe some limited editions that have really cool extras people desire. Since the PS5 will be backwards compatible, it is likely most of the digital PS4 titles will be readily available for many more years to come, aside from titles with short sighted licenses like some of the racing games.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
only gravity rush remastered ESRB version is worth anything, the other versions are much more common

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Gravity Rush was definitely a surprise it was being released and I'm glad I picked it up when it came out. Didn't realize it would be so limited. I still have PT as well on my original PS4 that I still use.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So happy digital is a thing this generation. Shame about Konami and P.T.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
cant you get PT with the tool still?? I have it on my PRO (pretty sure it was delisted a while before the Pro launch anyways). Granted, you need it already in your library.

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing on PS4 will ever be considered rare and valuable. Not even in 20-30 years time.

Same goes for PS3. The days of games becoming rare and valuable is long dead.

Likewise, there will never be a held nostalgia for these games and consoles; so the PS3 & PS4 software/hardware will eventually be worth almost nothing and will forever be worth almost nothing. Nothing to do with these platforms will hold its value past its expiration date.
The only reason there are less rare games from recent generations is a combination of larger print runs and digital availability. Even them we've still had the odd one like Folklore (PS3) and Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

The nostalgia comment is bullshit, nostalgia is relative to the age of the person at the time of playing, not the specific console generation. I've regularly seen people talking about games like Mass Effect, Modern Warfare and Fallout 3 with the same wistfulness that I had when talking about Chrono Trigger, Streets of rage 2 and Shining Force 3 a decade after playing them as a teen.

Give it a few years and we'll have people getting all misty eyed remembering how they felt playing The Witcher 3, God of War, etc.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I've got Gravity Rush sealed, Retro City Rampage sealed, Futuridium, and P.T.

That last one shouldn't qualify, and I doubt the others will go up much in value. I'll keep them shrinkwrapped just in case. I'm pretty lacking for money due to some unfortunate life events, but selling some games off doesn't seem like a necessity (yet).

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Is a console with P.T. really worth that much? I have it and I see many in this thread have it too. You can also get it back if you've downloaded P.T. when it came out with this trick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCgH6kj61Mo&feature=youtu.be

I tried it on my 2nd PS4 and it works.

Edit: you can buy a jailbroken and just download P.T., so yeah a PS4 with P.T. is probably not worth anything extra.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Afro Samurai 2 is far rarer than all those.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The physical collection of the Dungeons & Dragons arcade games (PS3, Japan) seems also a bit pricier than I remember. Can't even find the asian release on ebay (have this one still sealed).
Yep, that's another one. I have that on Saturn myself but wish I had grabbed it on PS3 too!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I dont do physical stuff, but i do have a lot of PS4 rares like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1&2, Legend of Korra, PT, Transformers Devastation, and Ace Combat 5

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Huh... I have this one, with the white cover art. Are you telling me I own something worth hundreds of dollars? LOL who would pay for that when the PAL version seemingly works just fine, and the digital version is so cheap?
People who want a complete collection of all U.S release retail games. They are in it to collect the games first, than anything else.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
Nothing on PS4 will ever be considered rare and valuable. Not even in 20-30 years time.

Same goes for PS3. The days of games becoming rare and valuable is long dead.

Likewise, there will never be a held nostalgia for these games and consoles; so the PS3 & PS4 software/hardware will eventually be worth almost nothing and will forever be worth almost nothing. Nothing to do with these platforms will hold its value past its expiration date.
Nice satire.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have an unopened RockBand 4 bundle sitting in my garage. I must be a millionaire!

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I have a downloaded and working copy of PT on my 20th Anniversary PS4... wonder what that's worth...

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
Not sure about Gravity Rush Remastered being valuable / rare. Unless its specifically referring to the US Region 1 edition.

Its extremely common here in South East Asia, usually for around 20 USD. (Region 3, English + Chinese language).

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I just have Gravity Rush Remastered on that list. I pre-ordered and bought it at launch not for any collectors reason, though -- I was just a fan of the Vita version and found the idea of replaying it on a big screen exciting. Kinda feels like it makes sense that it'd end up being a rarer game given the sort of lukewarm numbers Gravity Rush seemed to get, though.

There's a mom and pop shop about an hour away from me that still stocks a few physical copies of Rez Infinite that I need to go get -- I'm not sure where it is on the rarity scale but when I saw it, it seemed like it'd end up being pretty rare. I'll probably swing down there sometime this summer and grab it.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would have been interesting if it wasn't just LRG releases. Plus aren't most of these still available digitally?

Delisted games are surely the ones to make it to these lists.

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised Job Simulator PSVR didn't make the list. Made a pretty penny from that one! Lowest on ebay is $100+.

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine in Europe some of the Aksys titles would be up there as they got very limited releases - something like Tokyo Xanadu eX+.

Deleted member 25140

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly hate myself so much because my old housemate (one of my best friends) had PT installed on his profile on my PS4 and a while after he moved out I removed his profile without thinking and by doing that... removed PT 🙃

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
All I have is PT. But it's not worth selling my PS4 and PSN account for. Just too many games. I'm guessing that's why it gets such a high price.

EDIT - I'm lookingon eBay at recently sold PS4 systems with P.T. installed. Depending on if it's a Pro or not they get from about $300 - $600. eh

Last edited:

MajorVape

Mar 27, 2019
I have Retro City physical but the celefane was ripped in transit which annoyed the shit out of me.