• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have both the NES30 and SFC30, both have been rock-solid and I couldn't recommend them enough.

These new controllers look sweet AF.

Rumble, USB-C, Dual Analogs, Motion Controls, Bluetooth, L2/R2, the works.

The only thing I wish is that the L2/R2 protruded a little more. Will have to wait and see whether it's an issue when they're in-hand.

Release date: December 10, 2017.
Price: $49.99 / £39.99

Official Site: link
Amazon Pre-order: link (US) link (UK)

1-SF30%20Pro.jpg
2-SF30%20Pro.jpg

3-SF30%20Pro.jpg
4-SF30%20Pro.jpg
5-SF30%20Pro.jpg
6-SF30%20Pro.jpg
7-SF30%20Pro.jpg
8-SF30%20Pro.jpg
9-SF30%20Pro.jpg

1-SN30%20Pro.jpg
2-SN30%20Pro.jpg
3-SN30%20Pro.jpg
4-SN30%20Pro.jpg
5-SN30%20Pro.jpg
6-SN30%20Pro.jpg
7-SN30%20Pro.jpg
8-SN30%20Pro.jpg
9-SN30%20Pro.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
I have an SFC30 and an FC30 Pro and have been very happy with them. I'll probably pick up an SF30 Pro at some point.

GeNoMe

Oct 26, 2017
My 8bitdo receiver arrived today, I can finally use my sfc30 controller with my snes classic. I've had my eye on the latest itterations for switch usage.

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 8bitdo receiver arrived today, I can finally use my sfc30 controller with my snes classic. I've had my eye on the latest itterations for switch usage.

Yeah, same here, I'm getting them for Switch usage. And they seem better for travelling compared to Switch Pro Controller.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I preordered the sfc30 pro and a retro receiver so I can use it with switch and snes mini.
I need this dpad for usf2 and every 2d games. I can't use the Switch pro controller because of the shitty dpad.

Edit: I just hope Nintendo doesn't cut the compatibility out out of the blue.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I've had the NA version preordered for a while. Plan on using it with my Pi/Switch. I had the older FC30pro which was fine but really small and more intended for mobile use. Hope the SF30 is bigger/at least real SFC/SNES sized.

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
I already have a NES30Pro but the rumble and motion features of this are tempting. May have to sell off my old controller to friends and buy this like I plan on doing once my Mario Joy Cons arrive.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is the Gyro with these compared to the pro controller? If it's good enough for Splatoon, that is certainly tempting

Teeny

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I have the SFC30 and it feels like the real thing. I'm definitely picking up the pro controller version if the built quality is the same as it will make a great alternative to the pro.

Cien

Oct 25, 2017
Have 4 of these things on preorder. These will hopefully make good pro controller replacements.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
My NES30Pro works perfectly fine on the Switch. It's a solid alternative to the Classic controller, especially with games like USF2.

These newer SNES Pro models would be even better since they are based on the SNES controller but with dual analog sticks and two additional sets of triggers, plus built-in Gyro so they will effectively replace the Classic Controller Pro, except for those that want the HD rumble stuff which I doubt the SNS30 / SFC30 Pro controllers will have.

Still the SNES controller remains to be my favorite controller of all time, to have it with the modern additions of additional analog sticks and L2/R2 and built-in motion gyro makes seem like the perfect controller for me.

Fox1304

Oct 26, 2017
Will definitely order one as a controller for the Switch and also for the SNES Mini. Eagerly waiting for reviews, hope this one will be as great as it seems.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a regular 8Bitdo SNES30 controller. I've been very tempted to pick one of these up for mobile gaming on the go, especially for like Minecraft or something. The design for both versions looks absolutely awesome.

plast

Oct 25, 2017
Looks super nice. Might pick one up for my PC. I'm a bit of a dpad snob though, so I'm waiting for reviews before I pull the trigger.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
I have a Nes30 but I'll totally get the pro. I need something with better l2 and r3 placements as well as better analogs.

Also gonna get the US version. Purple for life come at me!

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
I picked up an SN30 about six months ago, to use with Retroarch, and it's been a revelation for me. I grew up on the SNES, so it just feels like home to me. I only really play RPGs, so input lag and some of the other issues with the controller don't really bother me.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
It took a while to get used to the L2 and R2 button of FC30 Pro. But once I get it, this small nifty thing turned to be more comfortable than I thought it would be. My go to controller have changed from DS4 to this. Spent almost 50 hours of DDDA on PC with a blast (and annoyances when I pushed L2/R2 by mistake). Now I'm considering picking up NES30 Pro just to collect it. I'll probably do the same with SFC30 and SNES30 so rip my wallet.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I hope these are as good as they look, I've got one on pre-order in time for Christmas. I only ever see people saying nice things about the brand, so fingers crossed!

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I need a PS2 reciever so I can order 2 of those.

Already own 2 SFC30 with adapters for my SNES

David

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neo Yokio
Does it have the same issues as the old pro controllers?

Quoting myself from another place:

Warning to Switch Users

Having them for like a month( I got two pros) I feel the need to give a warning to Switch users who wants to buy them:

-Using 8bitdo controllers without a Joycon paired/active or any other Nintendo controller is fine.

-If you use any Nintendo controller and the 8bitdo one at the same time, you will feel tremendous lag on the 8bitdo controllers. This happens to a lot of people.

-Pairing these controllers is a bitch, you will have to restart your console numerous time to pair two of these.

I regret buying these controllers so much :(

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Been using the N30 with the NT mini and a little confused about power modes. According to the manual on the site it says after 1 min it goes to sleep with no BT connection and after 15 min goes into sleep if there is a BT connection.

Is there any indication of this because the light on top just stays blue the whole time? Well after 15 mins. I can hold start to turn it off but not sure if it is necessary. I think it is due to the fact that the NT mini always supplies power to the receiver so it can be woken up from the controller.

Just wanna make sure I'm not draining the battery when not in use.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
I love my NES30-PRO but I think the design decision to stick to the SNES aesthetics is a compromise on comfort. I always feel the controller not ergonomic enough, now with L2/R2 I'm afraid it'll be worse...

swsp

Oct 27, 2017
My pair of 8Bitdo SF30 controllers have been fantastic when I want to play 16-bit era (and older) games. I might have to pick of a pair of these Pros when the day comes that I try to emulate anything newer. I'm expecting another quality offering from 8Bitdo.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Does it have the same issues as the old pro controllers?

Quoting myself from another place:

I just used my FC30 paired to the Switch at the same time with the joycons and seems there is no problem on case. Played FE Warriors with FC30Pro+Left Joycon where the former for the actual play and the latter just relegated to screencapping since FC30Pro doesn't have dedicated capture button. Check you Firmware, perhaps 8bitdo just fixed it with the newest one since I got mine just two weeks ago.

EDIT: Yep, they just fixed input lag problem with their latest firmware. Check the changelog.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I have two SFC30s that I use with my Super Famicom and Nintendo.

I'm looking forward to upgrading to the newer ones later this year.

Foldedpencil

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I really want an NES 30 with only 2 buttons on the side, like the authentic controller. Also, N64 30 and GC 30 would be sweet... Though perhaps not too useful tool Nintendo starts up their new "legacy content proposition"

fronn

Oct 27, 2017
I desperately want them to make an N64 controller with an N64 receiver, even if it didn't support the memory/rumble.

I have a couple N/F30 and a couple SN/SF30 for NES and SNES. They are really great controllers. They feel good and just work.

These look pretty slick though. Seems like a somewhat more reasonably priced alternative to the pro controllers.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I still haven't bought a pro controller for the Switch, so thanks for reminding me about this. This looks like it will cover all bases if the d-pad is good enough.

Crydaddy

Oct 25, 2017
Miramichi, NB
Oh Awesome, going to have to snag one with the retro receivers. Except I can't find any place selling them in Canada and ebay sellers look sketchy :/

OP
OP
chanunnaki

chanunnaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't bought a pro controller for the Switch, so thanks for reminding me about this. This looks like it will cover all bases if the d-pad is good enough.
I have be pro controller and sfc30+nes30 and the dpad on the 8bitdo controllers are significantly less mushy-feeling than the pro controller.

A thread on the old board had some commenters complaining about the dpad. But I've had no issues

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
I have be pro controller and sfc30+nes30 and the dpad on the 8bitdo controllers are significantly less mushy-feeling than the pro controller.

A thread on the old board had some commenters complaining about the dpad. But I've had no issues
What kind of complaint? I'm not really sensitive with Dpad so I'm curious to know more about it.