• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jun 2, 2019
Long history short, I have a Bluetooth M30 controller day one, the sega style one, to use it on my Switch. The thing is, I have also a Japanese Genesis/Mega Drive and last week I got a 8bitdo Bluetooth receiver for the Genesis. This thing

images

First thing I did was pairing the M30 controller, but the button placement is all messed up. On 3 button mode A is mapped to X, B to A and C to B, in 6 button mode the start button is mapped all over the place, and that's with the NSwitch pairing mode. I tried all the other pairing modes (Android/Dinput, Xinput, Mac) but the results are even worse.

Am I missing something? I though this adapter was supposed to work with the M30 Bluetooth as if it were a native Genesis controller

Fallen92

Oct 26, 2017
California
You could try updating it if you haven't already since it may not come with the latest firmware out of the box. The manual also says that if you hold any of the input change buttons for 5 seconds it will reset the controller, that might help.

Edit: you might also want to try downgrading the firmware as well since they remapped a lot of buttons in newer updates in order to make it more suitable for Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you're doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. In the default mode, it should just work with buttons mapped as on an original pad.

OP
OP
Reinhardt Schneider
Jun 2, 2019
You could try updating it if you haven't already since it may not come with the latest firmware out of the box. The manual also says that if you hold any of the input change buttons for 5 seconds it will reset the controller, that might help.

Edit: you might also want to try downgrading the firmware as well since they remapped a lot of buttons in newer updates in order to make it more suitable for Smash Bros.

Oh! I'll try that

Yeah, you're doing something wrong but I'm not sure what. In the default mode, it should just work with buttons mapped as on an original pad.
At the very least, it's reassuring to know that I'm the one fucking it up. I'll reset the controller and try again later.

I mean, I just got Mortal Kombat (the first one) and wanted to give it a go. I was starting to get frustrated.

Kinda loving my Mega Drive on a HDTV. It looks gorgeous without the need of an upscaler. Going wireless is the last step for me to fully enjoy it.

EDIT: Well, resetting the controller doesn't work. Both the controller and the receiver have the latest firmware.

I don't like the idea of downgrading but I guess I'll have to do just that

Last edited: