• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
8Bitdo Lite Bluetooth Gamepad for Nintendo Switch Lite https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y6NM21Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RJHJDbQQYSAB7

915FGi4DsCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

*confused applause*

Such a weird decision all around. Making a separate gamepad for a handheld console that features the defining feature of the Virtual Boy controller, the fabled second D-Pad.

I can't imagine using d-pads in lieu of analog sticks is very fun, and I also think it's so strange that the left side features both a D-Pad and D-Buttons lmao

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Weird decision, but yet somehow it will be strong as hell and comfortable. My SF30 Pro is one of my favourite controllers, it's fantastic.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It looks cool but the idea of a separate controller for the Switch Lite just defeats the purpose of it in my opinion

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Might be nice once Miku comes out.

Finally puts the Dpad in the right place.

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Tetris 99 on this will be weird. Since the 2 d-pads take the place of the analog sticks, you'll need to use the buttons below the left d-pad to play Tetris. It would be cool if the controller could be configured with the 8bitdo software like the SN30 Pro+.

It looks cool but the idea of a separate controller for the Switch Lite just defeats the purpose of it in my opinion
The controller is compatible with all Switches, along with PC's and Android devices. It's simply modeled after the Switch Lite.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think this was made for Link's Awakening and games like it lol.

edit: Oh, and drift jokes :)

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting idea, but fear of drift wouldn't be the reason for making the controller that way--because they're not Nintendo, and they're not the ones making shitty sticks.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God help me why do the hell do I want this so badly?

Also I really hope the buttons are standard joycon size and spaced the same so I can put a extra dpad cover I have on them and make this thing have 3 dpads.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
Interesting choice. 8bitdo thumbsticks don't drift. Maybe it's an optics thing. Anyone not trusting Switch thumsticks might see this as an improvement?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
My brain is exploding. I can't think of any possible reason why left d-pad and left directional buttons would be necessary at the same time.

Help.

(edit: why not just four d-pads at this point? Lmao)

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Someone can correct me if this speculation has already been proven wrong but...

Those d-pads have L and R on them (visible in the pictures on the Amazon listing). 8BitDo say that this controller has the core Switch controller functionality.

That means they're not digital, they're analogue pads (like the PS2 and PS3 controllers but hopefully a bit more analogue than that because I bet some people didn't even realise they were analogue).

Last edited:

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Didn't I see something about them making a bluetooth Saturn replica earlier this year too?