• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This. You're eliminating any latency involved with Bluetooth, which is important with something like game streaming. The Razer Kishi has had great reviews as well.

Only deal-breaker for me in no way to get sound without Bluetooth headphones also.

Controller seems like it's going to be out of balance with the phone. If the weight of that controller is anything like their other controllers, the phone is going to be way heavier and pull in your hands in an uncomfortable direction.

They saying 111g

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look of it and understand it for Android mobile gaming (though the sticks could match the XBO's controller)...however, when playing on an Android tablet, couldn't you just use an XBO controller?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
While these clips look nice, they're horrible in practice. When the phone is behind the controller, the weight of the phone generates far too much torque for it to be comfortable to play.

The PowerA MOGA gaming clip is the only decent option I've found, since it allows you to have the phone overtop of the controller, moving the center of gravity within the controller so that there's less or no torque.

RE3YduH

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The PowerA MOGA gaming clip is the only decent option I've found, since it allows you to have the phone overtop of the controller, moving the center of gravity within the controller so that there's less or no torque.

RE3YduH

This also helps a bit with the surprisingly bright Home button on the controllers, while playing in the dark. I've been pretty happy with that clip.

zyvorg

Oct 25, 2017
Cool partnership but low effort, seems like just a Rebrand of the SN30 Pro, which mind you, is a small enough controller to carry in a bag without bulk and has all the proper buttons you are used to. But if this was a proper Xbox controller it would have the correct stick configuration and work on PC, Xbox One, iOS, etc.

Cool first try though, hopefully they keep going with something more worthwhile.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
This is great. An Xbox branded SN30Pro.. I love my SN30Pro. I just don't understand why this one ONLY supports Android. Would be great if PC was added to that list.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I don't think I'm interested in more bluetooth for xCloud.

I'd rather remove that hop and go hardwired to the phone:

razer-kishi-2020-gallery-01.jpg

Doesn't this include a cable which basically means you can use it without bluetooth?
I've never used any of these mounts so not sure how things work bluetoothless.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who primarily games through streaming from my Xbox I have no interest. In fact this would be worse since one of my problems is how light the controller is compared to my phone clipped to the top.

What I want is an Xbox controller that allows you to put your phone in the middle so the dimensions become closer to a Wii U Game Pad, Vita or Switch.

f5884650-024a-43d0-975e-a08c5714cb31.JPG

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get why they never make these clips able to hold a 7 inch tablet. Only one I've yet to find that holds a kindle is for DualShock.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
No XBOX compatibility?

I would totally buy one just to have a good dpad on the XBOX
Xbox controllers have the best dpads this gen, in my opinion, and I'd wait for impressions on whether or not these 8bitdo controllers will have even mediocre dpads if they're using old parts to make them.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
A controller with no grips is going to suck with a phone attached to the top like that.

That style of clip is already a bit uncomfortable with a regular XB1 controller with full grips, but this controller is going to be awful unless you have the smallest/lightest Android phone available.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Weird choice for the Xbox crowd.

I think making an Android-only controller that doesn't match the basic layout of an Xbox controller is gonna be a tough sell. That kind of controller for a clip sounds pretty uncomfortable, due to balance/grip. The weight and surface area of a standard controller with a clip would be a better choice all around, while not being particularly more expensive.

logan_cadfgs

Oct 28, 2017
Android-only?! Strange, usually 8Bitdo throws in everything but the kitchen sink, compatibility-wise.

Not sure if the fine-tuning features really fit the use-case. Anyone playing that seriously would probably prefer to play directly on the Xbox, instead of through xCloud. That's just me thinkin', though.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
What a shame if it only supports Android :( I wanted this for PC, since it has the Xbox button layout unlike other 8bitdo controllers.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
They probably only officially support android connectivity, but as far as I know bluetooth controllers on android just use the HID controller protocol. I'm not sure if they would even jump through hoops to block this controller from just working on PC. All you'd need after that is the XCE - Xbox Controller Emulator.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at this image, it looks like the clip might be able to angle above the controller which might make it more comfortable than I thought.

711ji1Dxz9L._SL1500_.jpg

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Shame it only works on Android, i would love to buy one of those to play on Pc. I mean, it's just a Xbox themed SN30 Pro, but i prefer the minimalistic aesthetic over the SNES one.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Who makes the one where the phone goes in the middle?

Also get a short cable and wire it instead of Bluetooth, massive improvement.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Who makes the one where the phone goes in the middle?

Also get a short cable and wire it instead of Bluetooth, massive improvement.
This one?

Amazon.com: Razer Kishi Controller for Android: Compatible with Most USB-C Android Phones - Cloud Gaming Ready - Type-C Passthrough Charging - Clickable Analog Thumbsticks: Video Games

Amazon.com: Razer Kishi Controller for Android: Compatible with Most USB-C Android Phones - Cloud Gaming Ready - Type-C Passthrough Charging - Clickable Analog Thumbsticks: Video Games

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
This one?

That's the one thanks. Wonder if it's good as it looks.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Shame it only works on Android, i would love to buy one of those to play on Pc. I mean, it's just a Xbox themed SN30 Pro, but i prefer the minimalistic aesthetic over the SNES one.

I preordered this xbox version of the SN30 Pro but after researching its looks like the regular SN30 Pro and + are better buys because they work across android, pc, ios, and switch plus rumble is built in. No idea why they would gimp the controller of compatibility just because of the xbox branding. I think the xbox controller looks cool and all, but i'm going to cancel and order the SN30 pro +.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I preordered this xbox version of the SN30 Pro but after researching its looks like the regular SN30 Pro and + are better buys because they work across android, pc, ios, and switch plus rumble is built in. No idea why they would gimp the controller of compatibility just because of the xbox branding. I think the xbox controller looks cool and all, but i'm going to cancel and order the SN30 pro +.
Yes, it's a bit sad that this is Android only. I wonder if a future firmware update can sort this.

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry for the bump, but does anyone know if this also works with Apple phones? I found a black friday deal on one, but its not much use if it only works with Android phones.

A quick search says that the previous SN30 Pro version works with iOS13.