• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck is she still in this position? You don't see an 87 year old in any other fucking job. It's ridiculous.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Why the fuck is she still in this position? You don't see an 87 year old in any other fucking job. It's ridiculous.
The issue is that politicians accumulate influence and power over time. It's why a 40 year old politician is considered relatively young in the political game.

She has tons of wealthy donors.

It's also a power trip. Power is very addictive.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
220px-Sam_and_Ralph_clock.png

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
She's one of the biggest mysteries to me in the senate. At least Schumer I can understand (adequately catering to centrist whites in LI, Staten Island and upstate). Who is voting for Feinstein in California of all places? Ro and Porter should be shoe-ins for her replacement in the most liberal state of the union.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Someone post the video of her talking down to kids about climate change.

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Reminder #1,000,001 that Democrats are fucking useless and don't care about you. Nothing will happen once Trump is out. AOC and her squad is not enough to make any real change in this shitty dinosaur of a party.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Reminder #1,000,001 that Democrats are fucking useless and don't care about you. Nothing will happen once Trump is out. AOC and her squad is not enough to make any real change in this shitty dinosaur of a party.

The dinosaurs went extinct.

Give it some time. AOC + All other POC/LGBTQ communities will continue to change the party from within.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
what is it with the US and all these ridiculously old people holding positions of power.

Tiktaalik

Oct 25, 2017
it's easy to see why so many people have come to hate the democratic leadership and establishment and have become so disillusioned when you see scenes like this, with Democratic leaders being so buddy buddy with the Republicans who the same Democrats claim are so awful. It's like a little club of rich people and the whole show of antagonism an act of theatre.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
it's easy to see why so many people have come to hate the democratic leadership and establishment and have become so disillusioned when you see scenes like this, with Democratic leaders being so buddy buddy with the Republicans who the same Democrats claim are so awful. It's like a little club of rich people and the whole show of antagonism an act of theatre.

"It's a big club, and you ain't in it."

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
1000% agree. I do think that this is to a large extent a side effect of 1) six year terms in the Senate and 2) no term limits. Senators see each other as colleagues to a greater degree than Representatives do. If they started in the Senate before the last ~15 years of extreme partisanship, I could see how they still could act like this.

Unfortunately, I do think that Biden likely shares this mindset.

Yep, for many of them it is just a job. They hang up their work clothes and go ahead and socialize together after. I have come to the conclusion that we are like sports fans who view the opposing team as the enemy. Meanwhile the players are there for a paycheck. So they have no problem hugging and laughing it up afterwards regardless of the outcome.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
What a stupid fuckhead, some of the stuff Lindsey said about black people at his local election debates has been sick yet sure hug him

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

Republicans/GOP aren't that much better. We're better off with progressives.

What the fuck? And she's suppose to be a Democrat? Fuck her, vote her out!

She's nothing more than another DINO like Tulsi Gabbard.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
This octogenarian is one of the TWO people in the senate who represent the largest state in the country.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Totally cool and normal response to kids begging for their lives

Listen here little shits do you know who I am?

A lot of political pundits came batting for her on this forum when this clip was making the rounds, praising her pragmatism. This is more of same "pragmatism", but I doubt they'll step up to the plate now.

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feinsteins voting record might be good.... but its stuff like this that really undermines her, given what she wants to do in her current position, she better be reassigned or she will basically kneecap the Senate. Hell her stint probably cost us a seat.

Agnostic

Mar 4, 2019
I got a laugh at some #resistance types on social media getting angry at DiFi after they have been supporting Dem leadership blindly since 2016. Good shit.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Feinsteins voting record might be good.... but its stuff like this that really undermines her, given what she wants to do in her current position, she better be reassigned or she will basically kneecap the Senate. Hell her stint probably cost us a seat.
Her voting record is not good. Not unless you think propping the surveillance state is good.