• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe how many people are still not understanding that they are ranking these based on e-mail suggestions and that the ones on the bottom are the LEAST worst (AKA best)

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NoDrEvil.gif

I agree. that song is the worst. That and Jump from Van Halen.....The worst.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
When I saw this thread had six pages, I knew what the reaction was going to be.

And it delivered.

TiamatSword

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what I would expect from the sort of jaded jerks that greeted Shenmue 3 with indifference

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These Ranking of threads are a hell of a ride. RANK EVERYTHING, GIANT BOMB.

And fucking shame on anyone saying that Lady in Red is anything other than the lowest form of garbage. IT'S GARBAGE. And Chris De Burgh is whack. He should call himself Chris De Whack because of just how fucking whack that creepy-ass dude is. WHACK.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Worth noting this is more a list of "80s songs GB fans sent in, ranked worst to best" despite the name lol, but of course people are just replying to the OP.

Lady in Red and Temporary Secretary are both fucking awful songs though, so their top two is spot on.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Was the US ever blessed with this fine article:

CNoZbgS.png

...which at least inspired this bit of brilliance:

m2XzEPA.jpg

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell... who would put Addicted to Love and Love Shack on the worst anything list????

Oct 27, 2017
You know at first I thought OP should inform people about how the list was created, but after seeing some of these replies I'm fully on board with letting the salt flow. Long live Temporary Secretary.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just listened to Temporary Secretary for the first time thanks to this thread and god damn does that song rule.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
36. She Blinded Me With Science - Thomas Dolby
37. Every Breath You Take - The Police
38. Shout - Tears For Fears
Three of my favorites, right next to each other!

Definitely an edgey "fuck 80s cheese" sort of list. Not even gonna comment on Africa.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even watch or read much from or about Giant Bomb, but the more I see these threads and rankings, the more it seems to me that their reputation for "We hate everything" is perhaps warranted.

There was a ton of trash in the 80s, and they make a list of decent to good songs (for the most part)...

Wth is wrong with them?

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
They have been taking suggestions in the emails section of the podcast, they don't choose the songs. The ones on the bottom are the ones they really like. The selection is completely random.
Please note that not all these songs are bad, these were emails from viewers and they have to rank their suggestions
Yup, keep the above in mind. It's not a list of "all these songs are bad." They take a song and rank it on the list. If it's good, it goes towards the bottom. If it's bad, it goes towards the top. "Hungry Like the Wolf" is the least-worst song on their list.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
What the fuck? Some great 80s songs are on that list. Danger Zone, Mr. Roboto, Centerfold, Eye of the Tiger...

(I know most people hate Mr. Roboto, but I'm a sucker for cheesy songs, fite me)

machine

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who attended high school and college in the '80s, I consider myself at least a little knowledgeable about the music of that era. Any list of worst songs that doesn't have Come On Eileen in the top 5 is an instant failure.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are they suggesting 1-62 are worse than Push It by Salt n Pepa.

Can't take this list remotely seriously.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
OP 100% made this thread to catch people going "grrr bad list" because they didn't pay attention to the context of how the list was made..

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with this list is any song that is so shitty you can't listen to has been long forgotten.

This list just reads like popular music from the 80s that maybe didn't age so well.