• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't born when the show was originally on the air but recently been watching it, I have to admit the setting is interesting. The world surface seems to be mostly water and petrol fuel seems plentiful and efficient enough to keep huge fortresses in the air.

I was thinking maybe it is an earth where humanity wiped itself it out or maybe got wiped out when the glaciers melted. And maybe animals got uplifted and replicated humanity culture society.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Dang it, now I'm gonna have the TaleSpin song stuck in my head all day.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just figured it was Jungle Book adjacent. Humans were there but just never in the show.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is what mutants are fighting against in X-Men right now. The Tale Spun future.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just reminded how fucking awful the Talespin game was. like who thought the upside down plane mechanic was a good idea?

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Even if it took the death of humanity, it would have been worth it for the ascension of Don Karnage.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just reminded how fucking awful the Talespin game was. like who thought the upside down plane mechanic was a good idea?

That game is fucking garbage. I played it on NES as a kid and couldn't even beat the first level because the gameplay was so shit. Bought the Disney Afternoon Collection on PS4 and I still can't beat the first level because the game plays like ass. Awful game.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The pitch meeting must have been wild.

"I'm gonna take the characters from Jungle Book"

Like Mogwi?

"No, fuck that guy, he's boring. Like Baloo and the tiger."

Ok, I'm listening.

"Take them and put them in a cross between Wings and Casablanca..."

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That game is fucking garbage. I played it on NES as a kid and couldn't even beat the first level because the gameplay was so shit. Bought the Disney Afternoon Collection on PS4 and I still can't beat the first level because the game plays like ass. Awful game.
My experience exactly. I bought that PS4 collection as well and was like "Surely, I can figure this out as a 33 year old adult" and just... nope.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
No, just like Duckburg isn't.

Here's a question though: Do Darkwing Duck and Phantomias exist in the same world?

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
I wasn't born when the show was originally on the air but recently been watching it, I have to admit the setting is interesting. The world surface seems to be mostly water and petrol fuel seems plentiful and efficient enough to keep huge fortresses in the air.

I was thinking maybe it is an earth where humanity wiped itself it out or maybe got wiped out when the glaciers melted. And maybe animals got uplifted and replicated humanity culture society.
I just want an animated rendition of the Legend of the Chaos God fam

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Honestly, I think as a kid I was more shook by the world of Rescue Rangers, a show wherein the human police were apparantly so inept that it fell on the tiny shoulder of sentient rodents to solve cold cases...

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC

it's also gonna blow your mind to realize TaleSpin is canonically 50 years earlier than Goof Troop or Ducktales

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I think as a kid I was more shook by the world of Rescue Rangers, a show wherein the human police were apparantly so inept that it fell on the tiny shoulder of sentient rodents to solve cold cases...
I don't remember much about RR but weren't they mostly taking cases from other animals... involving animals?

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I just want an animated rendition of the Legend of the Chaos God fam

If only they hadn't cancelled Ducktales we coulda had it! I think they even threw in a reference to it somewhere in the last season.

I did a big rewatch of Disney Afternoon shows awhile back, after graduation college, and found that out of all them Tailspin was the most consistently great. I adored it. Then I watched Porco Rosso for the first time this year and was like "oh hey it's Tailspin!"

So no I don't think it's post apocalyptic earth with uplifted animals so much as it's an idealised golden age of aviation but with the Jungle Book cast to sell it better to consumers/networks.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I grew up with all of the 80s-90s stuff: Darkwing Duck, the original Ducktales, Gargoyles. But I don't actually remember Talespin. I remember Rescue Rangers even, but I only really remember the bear in a jacket next to a plane from a VHS tape I never watched.

That said, from what I got in the new Ducktales, its just an alternate reality where animals became sentient instead of apes.