• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
tenor.gif

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
If dude didnt go crazy and delete his comedy account right before youtube started really monetizing videos he coulda made a nice living. I wonder what he is up to now.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
HOLD ON, I'm about to end this man's whole career came from this thing too?!

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This video has aged like fine wine. I remember watching it when it was new and thinking it was hilarious, eight years later the humor is still classic.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
A legit internet classic. The sequel is even better.

YXNKBGS.gif

The sweet tea line from the first video coming back to bite him in the ass is great

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
This entire series of videos is amazing and my friends and I still quote from it to this day.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dunno if OP meant exact 8 years, but it's been slightly longer:

On May 25th, 2011, YouTuber MrDeshawnRaw[1][2], also known as Supa Hot Fire[3], posted a comedy video titled "The Rap Battle [Parody]", which lampoons the highly confrontational aspects of rap battles.

Dec 31, 2017
225? What is that an area code?

Absolutely incredible video that I reference to this day.

Mute spittah in video 2 is also a classic.

Last edited:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I actually watched the standup he put on his youtube a month or so ago and thought it was pretty good. He definitely should have been bigger than he ended up being though if he had kept consistent. There are a lot of great skit youtubers/social media users now still pushing that type of content like CalebCity, RDCWorld, HaHaDavis, etc...

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I don't get it. Like... at all. Just spent 4 minutes wondering which part of it was supposed to be funny.
Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, I've never seen the video before so I'm just some 36 year old going into that for the first time but it honestly just left me feeling like this
giphy.webp

I understand and appreciate the memes that came from it however.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
I don't get it. Like... at all. Just spent 4 minutes wondering which part of it was supposed to be funny.
Maybe it's a nostalgia thing, I've never seen the video before so I'm just some 36 year old going into that for the first time but it honestly just left me feeling like this
giphy.webp

I understand and appreciate the memes that came from it however.

It's just about the crowd overreacting to the wack shit supa hot is saying and completely blowing off whatever his opponent is doing. Basically making fun of GrindTime etc rap battles.

Them playing rock paper scissors during his verse always kills me. I'm just some 31 year old though.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The thing I like about these the most is that the "crowd" is very much their own character. They are a part of the battle as much as the rappers are. They say little things between each bar that you probably wouldn't even notice the first time around. They will also make facial expressions and gestures as someone is rapping out their lines. It's brilliant layered comedy combined with over-the-top and exaggerated rap culture.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
The only two people that got Supa Hot's respect:

1. Mute Spittah
2. Supa Hot Fire

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This video along with the others will forever live on in my memory. Will never get old haha

"BOOM, BAM, BOP! BOTTABAPBOOM, POW!" "OoOoOhhhhhhHhhh" lmfaoo

Last edited: