• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I think it's time for Hard Zero reviews on an episode of the podcast. Give us that real time reaction to the taste early, mid, and end of can.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
love the look inside the japanese coronavirus reaction

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
It's an old 80s cartoon. They play the theme right at the end of this ep. Mark kind of goes into it at the beginning where the members of the task force each get called to assemble to save the world... or just podcast together.

I know what MASK is, I'm just guessing the reason they're playing it (and it came to Mark's mind) is because everyone in Tokyo is wearing masks at the minute.

Maybe I just wasn't paying attention at the start, though.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Might as well do the 9 games that define me thing here:

Donkey Kong (Colecovision)
Super Mario Bros
The Guardian Legend
Civilization
Team Fortress 2
Subspace
Final Fantasy
NotPron
Rust

That's off the top of the head; as soon as I post this I"ll probably think of 9 other games better suited.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just finished the episode. Was that an official job offer at the end for my 'Troy Fakely' comment? I'm ready to start on Monday! ;)

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
RIP to the HYPE TRAAIIIN

giphy.gif

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
8-4 and Giant Bomb were like the only reasons I still cared about E3 at all. RIP to the hype train.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
E3 Hype train is dead

Long live the Totally not E3 Summer Digital Event Hype Train

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
John seemed shocked and appalled that Tifa used the r-word in FF7 (not the remake). I hope he never listens to any of Mark's edgy banter on old podcasts, especially from the 1UP days. He'll have a stroke, lol.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
John seemed shocked and appalled that Tifa used the r-word in FF7 (not the remake). I hope he never listens to any of Mark's edgy banter on old podcasts, especially from the 1UP days. He'll have a stroke, lol.
I'm not shocked that it was in a game in 1997, I'm shocked that it was knowingly left in there when the game was ported to PS4 in 2015.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm not shocked that it was in a game in 1997, I'm shocked that it was knowingly left in there when the game was ported to PS4 in 2015.

They didn't even bother to fix the mistranslated name of one of the main characters(Aeris -> Aerith), and it took them like 2 years to get a patch out to fix bugs the new port introduced. It's sad how poorly SE will treat their legacy content when they port them to later consoles.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017

Time – Topic Discussed:
13:24 – Competitive Pokémon
26:05 – New console watch!
32:23 – That PS5 presentation
1:06:15 – Nintendo Indie World and other news
1:19:49 – TV recs to kill some time
1:25:06 – COVID-19 in Japan
1:33:25 – Happy gaming memories to cleanse the palate
1:42:05 – Closing comments (#GamingSmells)
A beacon of light in these dark days.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No fucks given in 🇯🇵
No reporting, no testing 🤔
🕵️‍♂️ Government cover-up conspiracy talk 🕵️‍♂️

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017

A beacon of light in these dark days.

Chilling and listening to the podcast which is like therapy almost right now during these crazy times. And will you look at that snappy episode title card. :D Love that a bit of the spirit of MST3K was with the show this week, haha

Edit: Like that they pointed out Sony's approach to BC is really disappointing compared to MS. :/

Last edited:

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Funny to listen to a bunch of podcasts where everyone is calling in from home and then 8-4Play with Mark sneezing on everyone hahaha.

Also lol @ favorite gaming memory segment; was not expecting the first one to be "that time I got high on spring break and played through Super Metroid". Even though that does sound amazing.

Though Mark did also mention "trading" consoles at some point. I definitely remember doing that. I once traded my N64 for my friends' Saturn for a few weeks which had me briefly convinced that the Saturn was the most amazing system of all time. Virtua Fighter 2, Daytona, and Dragon Force were such a nice breath of fresh air from whichever 3 games I could afford for the N64.

Wonder if the kids still trade consoles with each other these days, or is it too much of a hassle with online profiles/subscriptions being a thing?

Last edited:

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Really great episode and I liked how it was a bit more freeform with the news mixed in with what everyone was playing. Thanks for the chill vibes guys.

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Tina seems really cool, the rest of the crew are gonna have to up their shit to be honest. Very exciting.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
The dodge is a big gameplay change between RE2 and RE3.

If you're not doing the perfect counter regularly, you're playing it wrong. I watched this video after finishing the demo once, and my second time playing it was much more entertaining.

RickChunter

Oct 27, 2017
Their from home format wasn't even that bad. Just a bad mic, but the chemistry is still there. Plus they got a new member who knows her shit about games? 8-4 just never disappoints.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
New crew member? Cool! What is Tina's twitter? So I can add her to my 8-4 current line up.

Last edited: