• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
I feel very called out for my Sudafed comment. Also, thank you for directing me to the 198X trailer in my YouTube feed. I watched it and it looks great. I'll be checking that out pronto. The 8-4 bump is a real thing, feel free to use this testimonial in your pitches.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
There needs to be a steak bet tier of the patreon, which I'm sure will be ready to go any day now.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
Lol at the guys reacting to the thread and remarking that they don't engage in it much. Cue the there are dozens of us Arrested Development GIF. Heck, Jeremy Parish and Bob Mackey actively reply to posts in the Retronauts thread lol so step your game up 8-4 boys.

I need to give it a re-listen since I listened to it while dozing off to sleep again. But I'm a bit disappointed in boss battles being mostly the same in Yakuza 7. I knew Heat Actions were a thing that was nixed for the most part. Otherwise, I'm not too surprised that John and Graeme are into it.

Also, as a tall guy who had the pleasure of getting middle seat on my flight to and from Texas last week, it's not fun. Window or aisle is usually ideal for me because the former means I have a corner. Whereas the latter allows me to get up when necessary to either stretch or use the restroom. I dread getting on a flight longer than 5 hours where dressing comfortably and getting up to get the blood flowing is a must. I haven't been to Europe/Asia/Africa/Australia yet so those will be the real test to enduring long flights.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Huh, even tho I watch (i.e. subscribed to) this thread, it stopped giving me notifications when it got updated, so I just assumed it was dead. My bad! (Is that normal BTW?)

i have a lot of posts to catch up on over the next couple weeks!

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
john tv If you ever click to look at notifications and see that a thread has updated, but then don't click through into the thread, it will stop alerting you about new posts to that thread. It'll still show up in bold in your Watched Threads list though until you actually read the new posts.

ShiningBash

Oct 29, 2017
I just need more information on the outtro service that will provide pizzas, wedding cakes, OR GUNS in 30 min or your money back.

ChillWinston

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to post something after hearing the chat about the thread being dead (looks like plenty of people beat me to it)

I'm just gonna say that Graeme is the man and Dermot's news jingles are still extremely sub-par. Enough is enough, give us Roy!

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017

Time – Topic Discussed:

1:13 – Nicknames
19:10 – Animal Crossing: New Horizons save data news
22:39 – Sayonara Wild Hearts
25:59 – Wide Ocean Big Jacket
29:49 – Hotel Dusk: Room 215
34:23 – Destiny 2
46:34 – Escape from Tarkov
56:12 – Dragon Quest Walk
1:07:51 – News: Loads of Switch and Nintendo news, the future of E3, and EVO 2020 Japan.
1:48:39 – Closing comments

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've actually been playing Destiny 2 recently thanks to Stadia. Getting back into that game after not playing since launch is quite confusing.
The way they designed the game after going F2P is to blame for that. Like you, I started playing the game again after not playing since launch, only I did it back in July or August. It was easy to replay the campaign, and it was easy to see where to go next when it came to the Forsaken stuff and the recent seasonal stuff.

Stopped playing when Death Stranding launched and used that as an excuse to break my addiction to Destiny 2.

aesync

Jan 19, 2018
Chicago
Any talk on DQ Tact? Wanna hear the 8-4 impressions of it. I'm personally really pumped and hope theres an english localization in the release so I can download from the JP app store.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for more yak 7 talk

I'm annoyed my vacation this year covered the same period 8-4 was out of the office and the Thursday drinks were out, lol. Didn't get to drop by with my terrible Australian omiyage

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I have it downloaded but will give it a listen before bed if not at the gym. Destiny 2 talk is where I zone out but it's cool that Mark got back into it. Mark thought he was out but Luke Wilson pulled him back in.

I'm getting Yakuza Remastered Collection next week so I'll be curious to see if I share John's thoughts about not liking 3. I watched my brother play through most of it on PS3 and I liked Okinawa as a setting. I also liked a few characters and the villain. But the plot is a notch up in the absurdity from 2.

On a related note, someone is a happy panda.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Any talk on DQ Tact? Wanna hear the 8-4 impressions of it. I'm personally really pumped and hope theres an english localization in the release so I can download from the JP app store.
Not out yet unfortunately - barely any details announced yet, actually. Says it's release is just sometime in 2020...

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Dragon Quest Walk sounds so good based on John's consistent praise of it, really hope it gets localized.

Also really dug hearing about Dermott's SM3DWorld playthrough with his brother from one of the holiday episodes. Protip (regarding what was mentioned on the show about getting all the stamps): I got all the character stamps needed to unlock Champion's Road on single player mode quickly during my first play through using the trick below by using my Wiimotes to activate three extra characters right before hitting the flag pole, that way I only had to play each level twice:

youtu.be

Super Mario 3D World Trick: Easily Beat All Levels as All 5 Characters - Guide & Walkthrough (Wii U)

http://www.GameXplain.comTrying to earn the final 5 Stamps in Super Mario 3d World can be a pain, as you have to complete every level with all 5 characters! ...

Last edited:

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Time for 8-4 Direct.

Time – Topic Discussed:

1:16 – Nicknames
13:07 – Corona virus talk
17:45 – The major motion picture Iron Eagle
20:58 – Kentucky Route Zero
29:19 – Pokémon Home
34:05 – Yakuza: Like a Dragon
42:21 – The 9 Games that Define Us (Part 1)
54:12 – Final Fantasy VII Intro movie
1:01:17 – The 9 Games that Define Us (Part 2)
1:07:07 – News: Sonic movie sales, No Man's Sky updates, Animal Crossing Direct predictions, and more!
1:53:58 – Closing comments

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I hope that's not the last tale of Troy Fakely (you guys can have that).

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
Yep. Troy Story is hilarious. Please make it a recurring segment.

As a vegan I gotta say y'all omnivores got the best food stories.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'll also say, one of my favorite Lou Gossett Jr flicks from the '80's, and one of my most rented movies as a kid was this one:

images

If you're doing that Lou Gossett Jr 8-4 challenge, you better not skip this one.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually pretty surprised Roy would be friends with a guy like Troy. Kind of makes the story hard to believe, tbh.

yungronny

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Dude when are we getting 8-4 shirts. I wanna rep my boys.

Also Mark made me snort laugh twice at work today.

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
I am unironically anticipating the To All The Boys discussion please don't tell me that was a bit. I would contribute to a Patreon for this discussion. Please.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they invite Troy onto the podcast one day just to shame him. I want to hear him try to defend his actions in his own words

FunkyStudent

Jan 28, 2019
Love how Dermot rolls out a unique news intro per Mark's request, but it'll never be good enough.

Really good episode this week. Always a treat to have Graeme back. Also, please give us the Patreon; take my money spirit bomb style.

Last edited:

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
Just started listening. Bread & Butter pickes are delicous, especially on burgers. And Graeme is back!

xch1n

Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, Playa Vista is in SoCal, near LA. There's gaming and tech there already. It's not far from Santa Monica Studio.

Soilbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
USA
John's praising of FFXIV reminds me of how much I need to get back into playing it. Stopped after doing the first two main quest of heavenward.

ChillWinston

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else have no clue what they were talking about for the last 5 minutes? Some sort of beer? That you can get in mango flavour?? That tastes different depending on where you are in the can??

Kinda want them to get this Irishman talk they keep teasing out on the table. I'm curious who likes it and who hates it (I'm guessing everyone loves it, Mark hates it?)

caffe misto

Oct 25, 2017
the electric city
Anyone else have no clue what they were talking about for the last 5 minutes? Some sort of beer? That you can get in mango flavour?? That tastes different depending on where you are in the can??
Strong Zero is a sour alcohol drink you can get in cans at convenience stores in Japan. There are a few standard flavors (orange, lime, grapefruit, etc..) and some seasonal ones that only show up once in a while. There are a few different brands, Strong Zero isn't the only one.

It's kind of like White Claw I guess, if it was much, much stronger and had a stronger flavor?