• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Good god, some of you guys are fucking insufferable. It's pro-wrestling. It's some silly shit. It was a dumb feel-good sequence for the audience.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Can somebody that knows wrestling explain whats wrong with this to me? It looks like it's choreographed that Vince gives Stone the slip and then goes down on the second try. It looks kind of cool imho.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody that knows wrestling explain whats wrong with this to me? It looks like it's choreographed that Vince gives Stone the slip and then goes down on the second try. It looks kind of cool imho.

If by giving him the slip you mean he loses his balance and falls flat on his arse then stumbles around to try and recover the spot which he did terribly on the second try anyway then sure there was nothing awkard about it at all.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
That's not how you take the move, you either bend over and fall back or drop to your knees depending on your height and then sell it. Vince was lacking of coordination 25 years ago hell even 35 years ago and now he's in his mid-70s. He's never properly taken the move but now he lacks the stability as people his age do.

The fact they have both of them still doing this shit is pathetic.
Austin hasn't really done much in the last 19 years, they backed up dump truck filled with money to his front door for him to come back.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the truest masterpiece would have been if vince fell out of the ring when he fell back like this.

H7XDa2j.gif

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I was honestly thinking that i shouldn't be mean to wrestling fans when i saw that op

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who has no nostalgia for Stone Cold both his appearances are just sad. Makes everyone look like a geek, being laid out by Stone Cold.

At least with Sting the goal is to help Darby. Here is just for nostalgia.

ftchrs

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The only difference between this and wrestling in the 90s is that you're all 20-30 years older.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Good god, some of you guys are fucking insufferable. It's pro-wrestling. It's some silly shit. It was a dumb feel-good sequence for the audience.
A dumb feel good sequence that we've seen a bunch of times in the last 19 years already...it's been done, a lot, a lot better too. It'd be nice if we could move on from this crap and build new people properly so that we can get new stars having big moments. Hopefully Cody doesn't get nerfed, because this company desperately needs a top face.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Damn that was bad lol

Not sure what was worse, that piss poor attempt at a stunner or Roman beating Cowboy Brock again, so they can milk that crappy storyline even more. They should have given Brock the win after all the build up and then moved them both on to better things. We really don't need to see them have another match at this point.

Thank god for AEW.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do long for the days where we just don't have any WWE threads full stop, even tongue-in-cheek ones. The company doesn't deserve the attention.
Cry me a fucking river.

The stand up for WWE crowd is in full effect this weekend.
I despise WWE but the whole 'sports entertainment' trash is exactly the carny way Vince tries to market his schtick to disguise its quality.

It's bad wrestling, but still wrestling.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
lol man the stinky "ACKSHUALLY *I* AM THE REAL WRESTLING FAN!" takes in every WWE thread are just gross. It's Wrestlemania weekend. You think people are going to talk about GCW? If you hate Vince, cool. I get it. But you don't need to treat every WWE thread like it's your own personal Bat-signal and suit up when you see it.

And this is all missing the best part of the entire weekend which was Sami Zayn getting pinned by a giant mousetrap.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
My first thought was well Vince has always sucked at taking a stunner so I was expecting the usual but that was so much worse than what I was expecting.

Nov 5, 2017
They haven't got anyone over enough to do that in the course of the last year lol

Only person they've gotten super over in recent times is Becky (and that was an accident), then they wasted it by turning her heel when no one wants to boo her
I wouldn't know. I don't watch it. According to what you say, that's bad.

Forget Cody. Unleash Fuego 2 onto WWE. He'll get the job done.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Austin still looks great, goddamn, has barely aged in 20 years and you never lose that charisma. Still the GOAT.

Oct 25, 2017
A dumb feel good sequence that we've seen a bunch of times in the last 19 years already...it's been done, a lot, a lot better too. It'd be nice if we could move on from this crap and build new people properly so that we can get new stars having big moments. Hopefully Cody doesn't get nerfed, because this company desperately needs a top face.
Look, you dudes gotta understand that you're a fringe, and that most people don't care about wrestling as deeply as you do. It's why that company still manages to be successful when it should have crashed and burned a long time ago. It's just not that deep to most people, and it's not that deep to me anymore, either. I enjoy the few people I like that are still there and I enjoy moments like this, like most people. When I want something different, I seek it out. When I get tired of it, I stop watching. It's not even that serious. It's silly fighting.

V7EAKNz.jpg

The best and brightest star in all of wrestling.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The Vince stunner was hilarious (even Steve Austin was laughing after it) but the other two stunners were nicely done

Shame that Steve Austin can't wrestle as much as before but at the very least I find stuff like this still entertaining.

Man, WWE going bad if they are letting podcasters wrestle.

He's a commentator for smackdown too

Also not as bad as making Michael cole "wrestle"

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao. It could be Vince's age but I wouldn't put it past him to fuck up the selling of that on purpose too

Karsha

May 1, 2020
Vince does something technical though, he sees that he screw up the timing on the kick and goes for the ropes to give the himself stability and a boost so SCSA will stunner him again in doing so, Austin didn't get that part and just goes for the second part of the stunner instead of performing it fully again.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
:lol Oof. Man, that's gotta be one of the worst sells I've seen. Perfectly sums up the current state of the WWE as a product. His old ass needs to retire.

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
I will never understand wrestling.

Trying not to take wrestling too seriously is usually the best option.

Vince does something technical though, he sees that he screw up the timing on the kick and goes for the ropes to give the himself stability and a boost so SCSA will stunner him again in doing so, Austin didn't get that part and just goes for the second part of the stunner instead of performing it fully again.

Thanks, Regal