• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Spoke with customer service TWICE on the issue and they said that there was nothing wrong with my account and the CC. 20 min later I got the email fraudulent crap.

Left a nasty review on the product about Wal-Mart customer service on the product. Spoke with Walmart customer service about the incident and that if they believe it wad fraudulent, then why allow the other items I purchased with the CC go though and not that purchase?

Why didn't they lock down my card and account if they thought they saw fraudulent activity on the account? I can go buy the card now for $70 with no issue. Asked a manager to call me back because it's bullshit.

At least tell me the truth that you ran out of gift cards...lying to my face is just plain BS and will just frustrate me further.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I was able to grab 3 of these yesterday. The first order I placed was for 2 of them, and they cancelled it for fraud, supposedly. I then placed 3 different orders for one each and it worked perfectly.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
My first two orders were canceled. The third attempt with paypal/wal mart app went though.

Briar36

Nov 27, 2017
Manhattan
How long does it take for PayPal to refund you? On my PayPal statement all 4 were canceled and refunded, but my bank has still charged me for the $200 total with no refunds yet.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I placed two orders and so did my wife, all four canceled about 12 hours later.

My wife chatted with rep and said it was bullshit that they reported her to the fraud department when Walmart wasn't honoring their published prices so if anything Walmart was committing fraud. They said when $70 cards are back in stocks we can buy one and they'll credit us $20. That'll cover Monster Hunter at least!

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I placed two orders and so did my wife, all four canceled about 12 hours later.

My wife chatted with rep and said it was bullshit that they reported her to the fraud department when Walmart wasn't honoring their published prices so if anything Walmart was committing fraud. They said when $70 cards are back in stocks we can buy one and they'll credit us $20. That'll cover Monster Hunter at least!
Your wife has better oratory skills than me, I got a $10 off $15 code.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
My second PayPal order was cancelled this afternoon. Well at least the first went through.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
Trying my hand with customer service to see if I can get them to honor it. I'll update in a few minutes

edit: they held firm and wouldn't honor the price or offer any kind of credit or anything. Grats to people that got their codes immediately. Seems like they had a lot of script ready for this particular issue. They probably got calls on it all day

Last edited:

kamikaze

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
singapore
only managed to get 1 card...subsequent orders that weren't instantly cancelled got cancelled later. i did manage to get a service agent to clarify what happened. he admitted that it was a pricing error and the e-mails claiming it was suspicious/fraudulent activity were wrong and apologized for that. got a code for $10 off my next purchase so it wasn't all for naught.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
So uh... anyone else get this deal just now also get a refund from Walmart?

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Aaaand I just got an email saying my Walmart account has been deactivated? What the fuck??

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, after having so many canceled orders, Walmart deactivated my Walmart pay ability. I had to call support to get it reinstated.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, it was legit. Talked to multiple walmart customer service people about it. They can't restore my account so I had to make a new one.
Dang!! I tried three orders, one going through, glad my account wasn't deactivated like yours. I have too much involved with that.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Dang!! I tried three orders, one going through, glad my account wasn't deactivated like yours. I have too much involved with that.
Yeah I'm pretty pissed about it but there's not much to be done at this point.

These are the emails I got.

Refund:
jDdjWFP.png

Deactivation:
YCQVSuK.png

Last edited: