• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When Jeremy Rowan, 7, had to dress as his idol for his school's Spirit Day, he knew exactly who he wanted to be: The nation's first-ever youth poet laureate, Amanda Gorman.

"He really looks up to Amanda — she is such a strong youth leader and role model," his mom, Kimberly Rowan, told TODAY Parents.

His tribute even caught the eye of the poet herself.

Jeremy Rowan watched the inauguration of President Joe Biden with his second grade classmates, and the 7-year-old was inspired by Gorman and the poem she read at the event.

Jeremy chose Gorman as the focus of his biography project in writing class, researching and writing his own version of her life story.

So "dress as your idol" day was an easy choice for Jeremy.

More at: https://www.today.com/parents/boy-goes-viral-after-dressing-amanda-gorman-school-t212657

Unite if old

Aim_Ed

Nov 1, 2017
Wholesome, for some reason I thought we were going in another direction with that title.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing how the purity of a child can think as simply as "this is my idol, I want to be like her", without any racist, sexist, machismo, misogynistic or trans/homophobic attacks by the administration or parents that I can see. Just wholesome and nice to see. Way to go kid

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I... actually read the OP as "Psycho Goreman" and thought you meant..

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I mean that's cool and all but that yellow jacket is some low effort cosplay cmon man

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This is amazing, imagine a little white boy looking to a black girl as a mentor.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Look at his smile. Glorious.

Honestly, getting older I get emotional about simple things like this.

Hazmat

Banned
Dec 3, 2020
This is so awesome. And the kid knows quality, her poem at the inauguration was incredible.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
Just sent this to my wife working at her hospital and she said she really needed that positivity right now 😊

Such a brave little guy, his parents must be so proud.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
Inspiring!

In Elementary School we had an event where we had to memorize a speech about someone important who grew up in our state as well as dressing up as them.

In a class of all white kids, I chose Orlando Jones. I loved the movie Double Take and the 7up commercials.

MAKE 7
UP YOURS