• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sprite or 7up?

• 7 Up

Votes: 285 43.7%
  • Sprite

Votes: 393 60.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Lol I just noticed multiple votes are allowed on the poll. I voted for both... or neither depending on how you look at allowing someone to vote for both options when asking a binary question.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
7up used to be the best of the clear pop's, until they changed the formula to make it taste more like Sprite.
I miss my 90's 7up.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing we can't get in the states is "Lemonade" as in, Scottish 7UP style lemon flavored soda - it was a bit more lemony obviously, but 7UP and Sprite aren't quite like it.

I couldn't find a picture of Globe's lemonade, company long since bought and probably by Barr's (Irn Bru company) but we were a Globe family.

jC7JgxR.jpg

I found Sun Kool cola though. Red Kola was my other jam. I bet there's still bottles out there, in abandoned crofts and bunkers.

LODm528.jpg

Red Kola is sort of "red" flavored. But it was astoundingly carbonated and sweet. Like becoming a crimson human Pop-Rock.

K1besX1.jpg

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
7up was straight up replaced with Sprite in Denmark somewhere in the 90ies. I haven't tasted a 7up since.

MrCheezball

Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Mountain Dew Ice is sooooo much better than both. I think a 20oz bottle will only set you back around 40g of sugar and 160 cals. Tastes better AND has caffeine!

OG Kush

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK here and 7up is still a thing. Definitely prefer the less sugary, more lemony and more carbonated properties of 7up.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Up until a couple years ago I would've said 7up. But the last case of 7up I bought tasted awful. It's been awhile since I've had it so I don't know if it was a bad batch, I've gotten bad cases of other pops before, or if was a change to the formula. It was so bad I coudnt finish it, and has sapped the will to try it again.

I don't drink Sprite very often, but I do tend to get it at the movies for some reason.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I've only had the zero calorie versions lately and 7up is far superior. 7up has a citrus flavour where as Sprite Zero is sweeter(why I think people vote for it) but has this lingering chemical taste that many other zero calorie drinks don't that I find gross.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Regular 7up is better than regular Sprite, but that orange and cherry Sprite Lebron Mix thing was fucking awesome and I miss it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I also like Sierra Mist though it's pretty close to 7Up. Between the two 7Up 10/10 times, Sprite has an after taste I cannot stand. Sprite is like flat 7Up.

There's also Cherry 7Up which was awesome back in the day before they changed it in the early 2000s and I stopped buying it until a couple years ago and tastes like they either tweaked it again or changed it back.

Last edited:

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
7-up always tasted a bit more like lemon and Sprite a bit more like lime.
I love both but I would go with 7-up

thefragrance

Avenger
Dec 18, 2017
I'll take back what I said in this thread. This is the best citrus soda I've ever had IN MY LIFE

PE%C3%91AFIEL-LIMONADA-600ML-3.jpg

7-up, Perrier, and Lacroix all taste like fruit loops. Topo Chico has real lime flavor. But this is the real deal right here