• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Well then you'll have people complain when the police finds them, they'll say "Well, they're only kids and never did anything, they were scared, why should they get punished." when they could've come forward and possibly received a lighter sentence. Eventually they will get caught and you'll hear the parents say "they did nothing, why are you treating them like criminals".

They can tell their parents and go to the police together and cooperate.

You posts implies "Why should they trust the police?". Then I hope you don't complain if they're caught and given hefty sentences for "not cooperating".
It just seems to me like for the kids that were not involved, we shouldn't even be talking about sentencing or trying to get a lighter sentence or whatever. They are going to go through a big trial most likely, their lives are going to be significantly altered just because they happened to be there. As far as cooperating with police, they should do that to whatever extent their lawyer advises them to, they shouldn't be answering anything or dealing with the police without an attorney

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Excellent. Krasner has been worse than awful.

Based on?

I actually think Krasner is doing a damn respectable job despite operating in a city government where he's pretty much alone.

The person who takes his place will not be anywhere near as left as him.

Like, y'all realize Republicans are seizing this opportunity to attempt impeaching Krasner because of his leftist approach and because they've always hated him, right?

Like, nobody even slightly on the left should be saying "Excellent" to the idea of Krasner successfully being impeached.

Y'all wanna get rid of somebody get rid of the freaking Mayor; he's useless.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Based on?

I actually think Krasner is doing a damn respectable job despite operating in a city government where he's pretty much alone.

Like, y'all realize Republicans are seizing this opportunity to attempt impeaching Krasner because of his leftist approach and because they've always hated him, right?

Like, nobody even slightly on the left should be saying "Excellent" to the idea of Krasner successfully being impeached.

You don't need to agree with me. I'm just some person that saw friends and loved ones get robbed and beaten on a near monthly basis. Krasner's policies enabled this and made the city less safe. His prosecution rates leave a lot to be desired.

You can't be light on crime in Philadelphia.

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
A man died an he isn't coming back.

As far as the kids go, no matter how barbaric it looks on film, they got really unlucky how everything played out.

Not making excuses for anyone here but a group of teenagers, travelling like a pack of wolves, egging each other on and it ends with the teenager group collectively attacking/harassing an unrelated person….
That person saying sth to the kids….
The kids getting even more annoying….
this shit happens all the time, anywhere in the world.

The shocking part is that someone died here. The heartbreaking part is that there were probably multiple opportunities for the kids to tap out and go home.
99.999% of teenagers in similar situations (I have been in one myself) get lucky and the reckless behaviour goes unpunished.

Don't think these kids deserve to have their lives ruined because in their case the reckless cost a man his life.

I think Americans have to ask themselves what's worse, giving a 12-15 yr old kid a second chance or dealing with a grown man who has been in prison from age 15 to 35 ?

Oct 25, 2017
Based on?

I'd argue that, unfortunately, Progressive representation at local levels is hard AF. A lot of the Progressive solutions require funding that can't be offset by taxing the rich. At local levels, taxes are harder to do since it's much easier for a company to leave Philly and set up in Delaware than it is for the company to fuck off to a whole different country. They also require major systemic changes that can't be accomplished by just one or two Progressive people in positions of power. It sucks, but it's what we have. I think it's one of the reasons the Republicans have been so effective in taking all of the small State Legislature positions.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
You don't need to agree with me. I'm just some person that saw friends and loved ones get robbed and beaten on a near monthly basis. Krasner's policies enabled this and made the city less safe. His prosecution rates leave a lot to be desired.

I mean, I live in Philly, too. Just saying. And not in a cushy part.

But this post...is Republican propaganda right down to the period.

Krasner was elected (with a ton of minority support) because of his promise to lower prosecution rates and curtail corrupt police and DA practices. That he's largely been successful at that is the precise reason Republicans are trying to impeach him, and it's why they leap at opportunities like this. But don't get it twisted, Republicans aren't trying to impeach Krasner for the good of the city. They want Krasner impeached so the Philadelphia PD can go back to the business of throwing niggas in jail, then when that doesn't stop the crime problem, petitioning for the ability to throw even more niggas in jail. This was the reality before Krasner. Like, Philly's crime problem didn't just pop up in the last few years.

The harsh truth about Philly right now, that I'm surprised is so surprising to people, is that Philly doesn't just have a crime problem, it has a conditions problem; a conditions problem that's only been exacerbated by COVID. I feel like everybody lived in this naive place in the last few years where they thought that just curtailing the police alone was going to make crime go away? It needed to be done, but it also needed to coincide with more resources and attention to address the conditions of too many areas in this city, and that's what hasn't happened. I don't think the response should be impeaching Krasner to likely be replaced by someone who's going to go back to kissing PPD's collective ass.

But it's also as you said; we don't have to agree.

Last edited:

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can argue to an extent that imprisonment is not a widely successful deterrent either, but the point is that rehab is taking action AFTER the crime has been committed. That's not a deterrent. It's come too late.

Rehab, education, mental help, economic help, and simply respecting other people's lives needs to be the focus BEFORE crimes happen, to prevent them, to deter them through common sense and consciousness. That's where the effort for saving people should be.

But this country sucks because everyone is reactionary instead of proactive.

Problem is that crimes will happen regardless. We're never going to have an environment where everyone has their needs met. There's always going to be someone who's abused. Someone who doesn't get enough food. Someone who's exploited. And so there will be crime. There will be murder.

And those people who murder still need to be in society. You can make them go to hell for a quarter of a century. They still need to come back. And now they're worse off than when they went away. Little to no job skills. Little to no job prospects. Stigma of being a felon. How is that person to survive now?

Not calling you out specifically, but damn criminal justice dialog on this forum is just maddening. People can be progressive as hell here about abortion, gun control and the rights of the LGBT community. But the minute we talk about prison reform and restorative justice, it feels like MAGA chatroom.

No, you don't put these kids on trial like they're adults. They are NOT adults. That's the point. No you don't put them in a system where it is almost guaranteed that they will be abused, raped, exploited, and thrown back on the street in 20 years with no way to survive and told good luck. That poor man is dead, therefore terminate 5 other lives and families?

It's utterly backwards, and is the reason why we have such a hard time reforming the prison system, because the community doesn't want it to change.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Not calling you out specifically, but damn criminal justice dialog on this forum is just maddening. People can be progressive as hell here about abortion, gun control and the rights of the LGBT community. But the minute we talk about prison reform and restorative justice, it feels like MAGA chatroom.

Because when it comes to abortion, LGBTQIA+ rights, and even gun control in how the discussions take place, and a host of other issues, it's much easier to have those discussion divorced from how they intersect with Black people and "Black issues". And so, they often don't (and this is why Black people often get lost in these discussions, but this is a problem much, MUCH bigger than Resetera). It's much harder to do that with prison reform and restorative justice, because we live in a country that has built those systems such that you're having to talk about Black people, because we're who those systems were largely put in place to keep at heel. It makes it much easier for people's biases and the ways they've been conditioned to be exposed.

Nep put it plain: people weren't even reaching to call the Uvalde killer an animal here.

Oct 27, 2017
Henderson, NV
I would say that here is where we actually differ. Because I look at this video and I just don't see the signs of a premeditated murder, or the idea that they discussed this at all beforehand. First off, these are teenagers. It's frankly going to take a lot for me leap to the assumption that this particular group of kids met at night to kill this particular man. To me, there are just too many signs of otherwise. Why are there several kids who look surprised, aren't participating, or just visibly shocked by what's happening? Why are the actual aggressors' weapon of choice a set of traffic cones? I also have to point out my own lived experience; I'm born and raised in South Central/Inglewood California. I know what a group of kids hanging out after hours and looking to get into trouble but not looking to kill anybody looks like. This looks more like that, and to be clear pointing that out is not erasing culpability. If their intent were just to roughhouse this old man that's still fucked up and wrong. These kids are going to feel the consequences of what they were a part of for years to come, both legally and (hopefully) within their own conscience, as they should. And I feel so sad for James Lambert, his family, his community and anybody who knew him.

I think you and I agree with that part. But if your thought process is that this was premeditated, then it's not surprising to me that you arrived at the conclusion that they're irredeemable. I can't honestly say I'd arrive at irredeemable myself if my thought process were the same...but I'd be pretty close.

Respectfully, I can't agree with this. Of course, we cannot gloss over the fact that a man is dead. No matter how much anybody (including myself) tries contextualizing the actions of these kids, there can be no ignoring that their actions resulted in someone's murder. But even still, I can't in good conscience compare this incident to, as has been mentioned, the Uvaldi killer. That's an animal, that's barbaric to me. The man who got into a car, drove to a Buffalo NY grocery store, and shot down elderly black shoppers with an AR15 that had the word "Niggers" written on it, that's irredeemable to me. We've seen what it looks like when people intentionally set out to kill, and that does not look like this. That does not look like a group of kids who all jump with shock at whatever happened at 0:59.

And making that distinction is no small deal, imo. Because we have evidence that when we allow language that should be reserved for actual cold-blooded killers to be passed down, it continues to be passed down. And that's not a toothless slippery slope argument. I know what it's like to be a young Black kid afraid to slip up because you'll instantly be compared to the worst society has to offer, because so many people inherently see that potential in you. It's why it's so damn hard to prioritize true criminal justice and prison reform in this country, because too many people (including people on the left as this thread has gloriously demonstrated) fail to understand why we should throw resources behind measures that are only going to help "animals" in waiting.

If we want solutions, we have to constantly be vigilant about how we engage with the problems.

I think a useful change would be to stop looking for reasons to call these kids monsters. Stop looking for reasons to lump these kids into one group, and start treating violence of the sort we see here as a symptom and owning our part in how we've failed these kids. Because if we don't do that, then the prison reform debate won't ever matter, because prison will continue to be the place we're sending inner-city kids by truckload.

I wish I had a better answer for you. I just know how we shouldn't talk about it.
Than you so much for this post.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Based on?

100% agree with you there. I'm from Philly, West Philly specifically and very much like the change Krasner has been doing. I don't see how any of his policies have created this. This is a Pandemic, a coming recession. All of this comes in the play of crime. Its highly unfortunate but kids in Philly has always done reckless things that get them caught up in the law even before Krasner.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
I've read most of this thread. Read the people for and against rehabilitation. I'm just wondering what you think of the Buffalo shooter. For all intents and purposes, he is a teenager. Should he be rehabilitated and put back into society?

I'm not at all comfortable with comparing a 18 year old white male who made travel plans in his premeditated journey to mass murder black people to young teens roaming the streets committing random violence.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Rehabilitation is about public safety. I don't think anyone here is arguing that they should be completely free during rehabilitation. Not only that, it's incredibly likely that they don't spend the rest of their lives in prison. In that case, do we want them to be rehabilitated in some way or come out without being rehabilitated in a society that will not given them any opportunities? This will lead them to more crime and be far less safe for society overall.

Rehabilitation takes a lot of time and effort especially for younger folks. Society has to put the time and effort in just as the folks who are being rehabilitated do. It very rarely happens on its own.

I'm saying UNTIL rehabilitation is complete with real progress, they need to be locked up. If they choose to show no remorse and bullshit, then I think that should factor in. Rehabilitation can't occur without a willingness on the part of the perpetrator.

So until then, box em.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
This is pretty standard for Philly. You hear something violent about the city every day. It is my hometown but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a shit show in most places. Even the once sacred places are no longer safe.

I would preach rehab but if there is no support in place to rehab these kids then it is for naught. First thing in that process would be to turn yourselves in. The longer this goes on the least likely they are going to get a proper chance.
It is an endless cycle for this city. Good people do their best to keep to themselves and stay away from trouble but as you can see trouble can come to you.
I was there 2 weeks ago with my gfs family visiting Sesame Street park. On the way to the train station I swear 3 people just walked in front of the car as we drove. My gfs bro in law who was driving was just dumbfounded. The plan was to explore Philly while there but I had no desire tbh. Last thing I wanna do is get seriously hurt on my vacation. I know every place has their issues though, I got the Citizen app and see the shit that happens here daily.

OP
OP
mbpm

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
2 of the kids turned themselves in

philadelphia.cbslocal.com

2 Juvenile Brothers Involved In Fatal Beating Of 73-Year-Old James Lambert Turn Selves In: Police

Philadelphia police released security video Friday, urging the public the help investigators identify the seven teenagers. Some are seen using a traffic cone to brutally beat 73-year-old James Lambert of North Philadelphia.

View: https://twitter.com/MattPetrillo/status/1546587834139787270?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1546587834139787270%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fphiladelphia.cbsloc

%5BURL%20unfurl=%22true%22%20media=%22twitter:1546587834139787270%22%5Dhttps://twitter.com/MattPetrillo/status/1546587834139787270?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1546587834139787270%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fphiladelphia.cbslocal.com%2F2022%2F07%2F11%2Fphiladelphia-james-lambert-beating-brothers-turn-selves-in-police%2F

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — Police say two brothers — ages 10 and 14 — have turned themselves in to police in connection to the brutal beating of a 73-year-old man that was captured on camera in North Philadelphia. James Lambert later died from his injuries.

Investigators are still working to identify some of the teens seen in that hard-to-watch security video.

"At least two of the teens are expected to turn themselves in today. They are in fact brothers. Their attorney has been in touch with the homicide detectives so we are expecting that to occur. Once that occurs hopefully we will learn the identity of the others and proceed after that," Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore said earlier Tuesday.

"This is a very, very active investigation. Things are happening hour by hour," District Attorney Larry Krasner said.

Krasner talked with Eyewitness News in a one-on-one interview.

Does he expect to charge any of those teens with murder?

"Certainly on the very limited information we have it seems very likely, yes," Krasner said.

The grieving family of the 73-year-old victim talked with Eyewitness News over the weekend, urging each of the teens and their parents involved in the incident to do the right thing.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
It is surprising it's taken this long. While terrible I don't think they went out to murder someone but it did result in a death. Not turning yourself in or making your kid turn themselves in is not a good look.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I need to know why a 10-year-old was out on the street at 2:30am. I need some interviews with parents to wrap my head around this shit.

My whole office was buzzin about this right when I saw the bump in here.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
I need to know why a 10-year-old was out on the street at 2:30am. I need some interviews with parents to wrap my head around this shit.

I'd guess he was following his 14 y-o brother so the better question is why the 14 y-o was out.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
With Buffalo there was a significant discussion on the societal ills that got us here: gun control, internet nazi propaganda, Tucker, in addition to the fuck hims, I hope he rots, etc.

Here it was straight filthy animals for the first few pages with at least one poster calling said discussions on the pipeline that got us here as a 'defense force', along with confusion as to what could be done as if it's rocket science.

There's still the idea the white shooter went awry somewhere in the path of life, but the black kids…born bad.

We've discussed how to counter the alt-right pipeline and methods. Is that gonna take place in jail? Most likely not. But even he has a chance for rehab imho.

I agree with almost all that. I think everyone calling these kids animals should be banned. I think the kids here who just got caught in the situation should be tried in juvenile court and I think that the ones who actually murdered the victim should spend significant time in prison. I don't think the Buffalo shooter should ever see daylight again and just asked the question to see if people were consistent in their beliefs.

There are a few important differences here. I don't think you can rehabilitate that level of racism and sheer hatred but even if it's possible, I don't think they could ever reasonably be trusted to be a part of society again, there is nowhere they could go where they would even be safe, even with prison being as dangerous as it is at least there they can go to protective custody if they want to get out of the block. There is also a marked age difference here, 12-13 versus 18. The Buffalo shooter also purposefully planned out their act and wanted to cause the most damage they possibly could, it was not some spur of the moment thing.

Not disagreeing at all. The worst offenders here probably get 25 years or so where as the active shooter is getting life.

I'm not at all comfortable with comparing a 18 year old white male who made travel plans in his premeditated journey to mass murder black people to young teens roaming the streets committing random violence.

Good for you. My question had nothing to do with those points, though. And I agree with you.

It should absolutely be tried, yes.

You're nothing if not consistent. Have to respect that, even if I disagree.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

This type of mindset is a plague. "Can't be light on crime" is just another way of saying you want stricter and more violent state response, the type of response that has led to so many of our communities being so violent and full of crime in the first place.

The true way to be light on crime is to be increasing social services and meeting the material needs of the people in the community, whining because we aren't locking more people up is no different than the shit I see on Fox News.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Parents that don't give a fuck about actually raising their kids.

They should be held accountable a bit here as well.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Is there really any question? It's shitty parents.
I think it's kind or irresponsible to speculate like that, for all we know the kids snuck out and this was the first time they ever did that. If a parent has to work, they are probably asleep at 2:30 in the morning, or they could be at work, it doesn't necessarily mean the parents were like yeah hey go out and do whatever, don't care when you get home.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
A man dead. And their lives fucked. Ten year old let go (I'm not questioning that at all) but he knows his brother is in and likely (has been/will be) charged with murder. Fucked up all round.

Wish I hadn't seen the victim. Just an old guy. RIP.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Every time this is bumped I'm hoping that the monsters responsible for this have been brought to justice…

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Going to wawa? Granted The older I get the worse I am with ages but I often saw kids that seemed to young on my overnights. Granted the store is in a Neighborhood that is considered safe.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kind or irresponsible to speculate like that, for all we know the kids snuck out and this was the first time they ever did that. If a parent has to work, they are probably asleep at 2:30 in the morning, or they could be at work, it doesn't necessarily mean the parents were like yeah hey go out and do whatever, don't care when you get home.
I don't think any kid just randomly goes out at 2:30am and beats the shit out of a person, killing them. That's learned behavior.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
You're nothing if not consistent. Have to respect that, even if I disagree.

I try to be. As I said, I know rehabilitation isn't perfect nor guaranteed but it should be tried with everyone. In the current system, folks are going to get out especially with cases like this. So we have two real options: Attempt to rehabilitate them so they can be a productive member of society when they get out or simply punish them without any real rehabilitation leading them to be far more likely to commit crimes when they come out.

This type of mindset is a plague. "Can't be light on crime" is just another way of saying you want stricter and more violent state response, the type of response that has led to so many of our communities being so violent and full of crime in the first place.

The true way to be light on crime is to be increasing social services and meeting the material needs of the people in the community

This.

OP
OP
mbpm

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Going to wawa? Granted The older I get the worse I am with ages but I often saw kids that seemed to young on my overnights. Granted the store is in a Neighborhood that is considered safe.
The Wawa is definitely crowded where I'm at in jersey past midnight. Those are teens though I think

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I don't think any kid just randomly goes out at 2:30am and beats the shit out of a person, killing them. That's learned behavior.
It could be but we have no idea what their home life was like. I'm sure there have been plenty of people that grew up in loving, supportive households that killed someone or did fucked up things. It's not always as simple as just blaming the parents. Kids can learn behavior from other avenues besides their parents.

joedick

Mar 19, 2018
It could be but we have no idea what their home life was like. I'm sure there have been plenty of people that grew up in loving, supportive households that killed someone or did fucked up things. It's not always as simple as just blaming the parents. Kids can learn behavior from other avenues besides their parents.

Totally agree. So tired of hearing people say 'but where were the parents?'. It's some holier-than-thou bullshit that feels like something Nancy Reagan would've said in the 80s. It's possible their parent was working overnight to support the family and the kids broke their trust. Maybe. Maybe not. None of us know at this point, I'm speculating the same as everyone else here. A kid can have the most amazing, thoughtful parents and still do stupid things. Saying 'where were the parents in all this' is putting our heads in the sand, completely ignoring so many societal factors.

Skyshark

Apr 26, 2021
I try to be. As I said, I know rehabilitation isn't perfect nor guaranteed but it should be tried with everyone. In the current system, folks are going to get out especially with cases like this. So we have two real options: Attempt to rehabilitate them so they can be a productive member of society when they get out or simply punish them without any real rehabilitation leading them to be far more likely to commit crimes when they come out.

This.
Well I think these kids should be rehabilitated as well, as they won't be getting life sentences most likely. The Buffalo, shooter, though, isn't worth the time as he will never and should never be a free man again.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This situation is just so incredibly messed up. So much to wrap my head around the circumstances of this happening.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 10 year old should have court ordered therapy. He shouldn't just be left alone, he may become worse in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
So many saying that they should turn themselves in and cooperate. He does, and is charged as an adult. Zero leniency, and a full on murder charge.

Last edited:

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Totally agree. So tired of hearing people say 'but where were the parents?'. It's some holier-than-thou bullshit that feels like something Nancy Reagan would've said in the 80s. It's possible their parent was working overnight to support the family and the kids broke their trust. Maybe. Maybe not. None of us know at this point, I'm speculating the same as everyone else here. A kid can have the most amazing, thoughtful parents and still do stupid things. Saying 'where were the parents in all this' is putting our heads in the sand, completely ignoring so many societal factors.

I mean, until the kids are 18 the parents are legally responsible for things they do. I think it's equally unfair to put all the blame on 10 year olds

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
This situation is just so incredibly messed up. So much to wrap my head around the circumstances of this happening.

Yeah, it's so shitty on so many levels. I think I might want to hide the thread for myself soon since the subject is so upsetting to be on the mind.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like 14 year old was the one who initially hit James Lambert with the cone. They are also charging him as an adult.

14-Year-Old Charged As Adult With 3rd-Degree Murder In Connection To Fatal Beating Of 73-Year-Old Man: Police

The boy turned himself in to the police Monday, around 4 p.m.
not saying to be lenient but enough of this bullshit with charging kids as adults. especially since it always seems to happen to black boys especially and other minorities.

Oct 25, 2017
not saying to be lenient but enough of this bullshit with charging kids as adults. especially since it always seems to happen to black boys especially and other minorities.

If it's true that there was an altercation, and it wasn't just a random act for giggles, I think there should be leniency. Sounds like he's a good kid with no history of problems at school.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Looks like 14 year old was the one who initially hit James Lambert with the cone. They are also charging him as an adult.

14-Year-Old Charged As Adult With 3rd-Degree Murder In Connection To Fatal Beating Of 73-Year-Old Man: Police

The boy turned himself in to the police Monday, around 4 p.m.

I think they should be locked up but I do not agree with charging these kids as adults. Rehabilitation is what is needed here. Charging them as an adult I can only see them locking this kid up in prison for 25 years and when he gets out he and society will be worse off.

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
www.cnn.com

Highland Park gunman's family was in turmoil for years leading up to parade shooting | CNN

When Bob's Pantry and Deli opened for business in the Chicago suburb of Highland Park in 2008, loyal customers lined up in the snow at 4 a.m. to support Bob Crimo, who was striking out on his own after years running a convenience store franchise. Photos from opening day showed customers hoisting...

When it comes to mass shooters, especially young mass shooters that aren't black, there seems to be an impulse among many or a curiosity to delve into the background of these killers and discover "what went wrong". I think we can all see that this impulse is not there when it comes to black youth. People would rather say that a black 10yr old is a irredeemable bad seed, and that any attempt at rehabilitation is a waste of time. It's racist as fuck.