• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's that? Lil Nas X can make songs other than remixes of "Old Town Road'?

Out now on all streaming platforms.

A single off the EP, Panini:

Woke Bespoke

Banned
May 12, 2019
Lil Nas X stay winning. He's got the entire rap game in the palm of his hands. Future is as bright as he wants it to be.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I saw the video for Panini last night and it was pretty good. I'll have to check out 7 later tonight or tomorrow.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Has there been a stronger debut for an artist like this? Seemingly his first song released publically shoots up to the top, and now this songs quite good too.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Has there been a stronger debut for an artist like this?
He's been doing music for a decent while, and that's actually the crux of Panini thematically: it's addressed to longtime fans of him as a niche artist who are now discontented with his meme-driven success and notoriety.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Old Town Road was god awful (outside of the Billy's Ray Cyrus verse).

Just listened to Panini. It sounds generic as fuck but at least it isn't as abysmal as Old Town Road.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
So, I'm going to show my age- is there a reason his songs are so short? I know artists have been doing that to goose Spotify plays, but I wasn't sure if his reasoning was that.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
So, I'm going to show my age- is there a reason his songs are so short? I know artists have been doing that to goose Spotify plays, but I wasn't sure if his reasoning was that.
That's partially it, but short songs are also just a trend for hip-hop in general these days. Some Rap Songs, for example, has similarly short tracks. Why bother doing the whole verse/hook/verse shtick when you can just get in, say your part, and get out?

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this, not crazy about the 2 "rock" songs but I've listened to the whole thing through multiple times no problem, helps it's like 14 minutes lol

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting that...
  • Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross listed as writers and producers on track 1 (for sample from 34 Ghosts IV)
  • Kurt Cobain listed with writing credit on track 2 (for interpolation of In Bloom)
  • Travis Barker as writer/producer on track 3 (it just sounds like he's the studio musician for this track)

Ahhthe90s

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lil Nas > Nas

it's official
Untitled11.png

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's like if someone watched a Wale album fuck 808s and Heartbreaks and then decided to recreate it.

JudgeN

Oct 25, 2017
A sub 2 minute song with chorus, na I'm good homie. Mos def and talib kweli have spoiled me during my youth. New rapper just don't do it for me.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
All respect to the dude for going from being penniless to an overnight sensation, but his music is hot garbage. Can't get jiggy with this. Still wish him all the success in the world, since it seems he's a positive cat and isn't trying to jump on the mumblerap wave.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Panini and Rodeo were just okay - mostly kinda novel and felt more like well produced memes than something genuinely inspired. The rest is just really... Generic? Is that too lazy of a criticism?

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Pretty good pop music. I didn't expect much to be honest, so it surprised me in a good way. Will get some play over the summer.