• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
This is fucking sad, fuck this racist piece of shit...the American and Trump Propaganda against China has really creates some bigots aholes in this country.....

mod edit: removed problematic video

please watch this video if you have time (of course with open minded) there are good infos and then compare what they said to the "pinned thread in the gaming section"

When people say "watch it with an open mind" you know it's some shit

Last edited by a moderator:

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
A noticeable, if not most of high profile attacks happening in NYC (and I believe the bay area) seems to have been committed by Black and Brown folks (One of the high profile stabbing perps here in NYC was of Middle Eastern descent). There's in fact another attack that happened today on the J train where an Asian person was straight up pummeled and put in a choke hold until he was passed out. There's accusation that he said the N word, but the attacker also walked off with the victim's Apple store bag so, who's to say.

As an Asian guy who is interested in progressive causes, but who also has on the other side someone freaking out about letting his pregnant wife go outside alone, friends who's noticing the patterns from the news, and even elderly family members who's mentioned that they've been aggressively shoved into, trying to be balanced about the whole thing has been...unpleasant.

I'm on the same boat man. I'm over here watching "Amend" on Netflix the other day, episode two. And what the African Americans endured even after the Civil War ended was extremely heartbreaking. But now to hear them use same words used on their ancestors -- "Fuck you, you don't belong here, go back to _____". That goes beyond heartbreak man.

Re: accusation of the N word - I find it incredibly hard to believe that an Asian dude in the middle of the J train is dumb enough to use that word unprovoked. Not saying he's justified if he did in fact use it in the midst of an escalating confrontation, but I'm just saying it not how it normally happens.

Meanwhile Trump supporters are probably loving this.

SOBOSLDR

Nov 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): Inflammatory speculation, derailing a sensitive thread
One thought I had since it seems some of the recent attacks are being perpetrated by black people. Could the Asian people in question be speaking Chinese and dropping the Chinese N word which sounds exactly like the racist N word?

Deleted member 82064

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2020
One thought I had since it seems some of the recent attacks are being perpetrated by black people. Could the Asian people in question be speaking Chinese and dropping the Chinese N word which sounds exactly like the racist N word?
I mean sure, anything is possible...Yet I doubt it. Also wouldn't explain the cases where the victims weren't Chinese, just asian.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Dude. It's racism and hate. Straight up. Don't victim blame here.

Jun 24, 2019

I've experienced a fair share of racist shite but I won't go out of my way to thrash old ladies.

Moroever, she didn't provoke him. It's a deranged scumbag venting out his frustration on innocent people.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
No question I would have stepped in to try and stop that shit. Sitting by and watching someone brutalize a person like that and justify it with bigotry isn't in me anymore. If they want to kill me too they can do it but I'm tired of this bullshit.

White people say the N-Word to insult all the damn time happily & on camera and the response from black people isn't just to suddenly beat them up. The answer is simple, just like white people there are too many people of color who buy into bigotry and use it to justify violence and do so without reason.

Last edited:

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know exactly what word you're talking about, but no chance. None of these attackers are saying anything like "What did you just call me?".

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, its just racist assholes being racist dipshits.
edit: fuck i wish i didnt watch that video, fuck everyone involved except for the old lady of course.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
My Filipino mom is literally right at that age and that may as well have been her... And that both those fucking pieces of shit can rot. How the fuck are you gonna do that shit and how are you gonna stand there and do nothing? Fuck right off. Jesus christ.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guys at the door could do with a damn good beating after that. Who the fuck watches the closes the door. Go fucking stop the guy

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017

what the hell, why are you reaching like that?

also this is a little old lady...

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
It's always the vulnerable population too, its not as if they are squaring up against a dude their size to shoot a fair one to at least give them a chance to defend themselves. Its the elderly, sucker punches, etc. Dude tried to murder an old lady. Fucking cowards.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's far more likely that despite these assaulted being minorities, they are still people, and people can still be pieces of shit.

Anti Asian sentiment is extremely ingrained all over.

NeonCarbon

Oct 28, 2017
The assault is horrible, but then the security guards + delivery guy not even helping afterwards breaks my heart.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
A noticeable, if not most of high profile attacks happening in NYC (and I believe the bay area) seems to have been committed by Black and Brown folks (One of the high profile stabbing perps here in NYC was of Middle Eastern descent). There's in fact another attack that happened today on the J train where an Asian person was straight up pummeled and put in a choke hold until he was passed out. There's accusation that he said the N word, but the attacker also walked off with the victim's Apple store bag so, who's to say.

As an Asian guy who is interested in progressive causes, but who also has on the other side someone freaking out about letting his pregnant wife go outside alone, friends who's noticing the patterns from the news, and even elderly family members who's mentioned that they've been aggressively shoved into, trying to be balanced about the whole thing has been...unpleasant.

Dismissing the simpleton alt-right types are easy; the rest is not. Wish I knew what to do about it, tbh

I mean, that's the problem right? That's white supremacy in a nutshell, its not as if you aren't going to find black people who are actively anti-black. If it was just the klan doing its bidding/absorbing its nonsense it wouldn't be the issue we have today. To stop and say, "Well, the perpetrators are all black (obv. they arent), thus its solely a black bigot issue" skips over the fact this spate of violence is due to the Anti-asian propaganda that was at the forefront of the past administration happily and subtly cosigned by even liberal media (hell, even here). Its not as if this propaganda only indoctrinates white people, its just easier for them to ignore/not realize the hypocrisy of it all since the hate is for their benefit and not aimed at them. I wish it would be easy to say "well, we all should be natural allies" and we often are, but its not hard to see when we aren't historically and across the board because that's the intent of the system. "Immigrants are stealing black jobs too! Black people steal so follow them around your store minority owners. Asians and their lying about covid is why you're wearing a mask for a year" etc.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Disgusting.

There is something wrong with you if your first instinct isn't to run and check on someone who has been hurt, especially in this case when it's an older lady has just been terribly beaten.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017

Dismissing the simpleton alt-right types are easy; the rest is not. Wish I knew what to do about it, tbh
It's a shame that hate crimes only matter if a white person does it

Also, retweeting info on these crimes makes you a snitch apparently...but hey I'm guess I'm not allow to say that the majority of these attacks have been ignored because pols in these cities NEVER become involved in actual crimes unless a white guy does it and CNN talks about that one time in great detail while ignoring every other hate crime ever

White supremacy pitting minorities against each other is the name of the game. It's the source of the current angst, it was the source back in the Rodney King riots, and several other instances before and in between. It allows them to point and go "see, it's not us" while continuing to start forest fires from a distance.
This is flat out ignorance...hate crimes are new and white people didn't "invent" racism...

Ignorant and sick people take any excuse to act out...end of story...yeah people who are not white totally aren't racist against each other unless a white person starts it

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Shit makes my stomach churn.

Racism that has been stirred by politicians and the media due to both COVID-19 and general cold war nonsense with China.

It's definitely not just happening in the states, I can attest to that.

This is why trump need to be removed from office. Him pushing that propaganda crap Took us back.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
to stop and say, "Well, the perpetrators are all black"

Who is saying that???? This is the issue, why can't we criticize these attacks for what they are instead of playing a victim role, because the perpetrator isn't white???
I wish it would be easy to say "well, we all should be natural allies" and we often are, but its not hard to see when we aren't historically and across the board because that's the intent of the system. "Immigrants are stealing black jobs too! Black people steal so follow them around your store minority owners. Asians and their lying about covid is why you're wearing a mask for a year" etc.
Are you joking, how sheltered are you? Racism exists across the world...these same things are said about asian immigrants across the world and about black people in Asia. These attacks are happening because the current world political situation allows people to double down on existing stereotypes. Similar to how stereotypes about Jews led them to be accused of stealing "wealth" from Germany and such.

Like some of the stuff I'm reading in this thread should get people banned...yes let's make it all about any BUT asian people like what happened with the Georgia shooter..."oh no that black guy was manipulated by white people to kick an old lady in the head"...

Some of you are disgusting, seriously...this literally has ZERO to do with white supremacy

The answer is simple, just like white people there are too many people of color who buy into bigotry and use it to justify violence and do so without reason.
BINGO
These remind me of the threads where someone here finds a non-white person saying homophobic stuff and they act all shocked like "how is this possible, we are all on the same side" because they see everything through these bizarre "liberal goggles" where everyone's political beliefs can be assumed based on age, race and sexuality.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
What the FUCK

Glad the security guard got fired, didn't do jack shit as that poor woman was being beat down.

Hope this guy is caught quick.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I cant think of any human words to describe the amount of disappointment and anger I'm feeling.

She didn't deserve that.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Who is saying that???? This is the issue, why can't we criticize these attacks for what they are instead of playing a victim role, because the perpetrator isn't white???

Did you read the post I was replying to?

A noticeable, if not most of high profile attacks happening in NYC (and I believe the bay area) seems to have been committed by Black and Brown folks .

Some of you are disgusting, seriously...this literally has ZERO to do with white supremacy

The whole point of my post is how we all buy into stereotypes, so not sure why you have an issue with that part of my statement. Ultimately the reason the bulk of these stereotypes exist in the modern era is because of white supremacy. I don't know if you think it's because you think only white people can engage in it (which is why I gave examples), it's an American only issue (It's not), or it's only mired in anti-blackness (it's not). You can even make the arguments its fingerprints aren't even just on racism.

www.stonewall.org.uk

African sexuality and the legacy of imported homophobia

In June, Botswana overturned colonial-era laws which criminalised homosexuality, with the judge, Michael Leburu, declaring that “the anti-sodomy laws are a British import” and were developed “without the consultation of local peoples”. It was viewed as a massive success and a historic...

White Supremacy is chattel slavery, but it's also the British colonial empire. While the forum is an American-centric forum so we focus systemic anti-black racism since that what America excels at that's not what white supremacy solely is. So not sure your issue.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I saw the video last night as it was trending. Disgusting. I hope they catch that asshole with the quickness. Lock him up.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Ultimately the reason the bulk of these stereotypes exist in the modern era is because of white supremacy.
That's not true at all? You really think all the asian immigrants in Africa face racism because of something a white person did?

Yeah let's cherry pick like two tribes from 4,000 years ago that had some history of someone doing something homosexual...on the largest continent on Earth...yeah those two sentences in that whole article really proved something...

But you go ahead and continue to take the focus off these attacks

American-centric forum so we focus systemic anti-black racism since that what America excels at
That's bullshit and you know it. This is a public forum with global access...and the world "excels" at racism...which means we should call out stuff like this without jumping to "Oh well white people inspired racism like this so let's change the subject to blaming white people, like how after 3 seconds, the whole conversation about the Georgia shooter from last week changed to wow black people wouldn't have been talked about by the sheriff like that if we were arrested"

Like wow let's go out of our way to not call a spade a spade...

Last edited:

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that these sorts of attacks, whereby the perpetrator happens to be Black, can be weaponized against Black people by bad faith right-wingers is a discussion worth having, but perhaps not in this thread? I feel like it unintentionally detracts from the importance of anti-Asian violence. Just my two cents.