• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017

Available here https://github.com/yuzuMods/yuzuMods/tree/master/mods/paper-mario-the-origami-king

Framerate mods are an increasingly common mod type for Switch games, even more so than they were for Wii U games. I imagine partly because they're usable on actual (modded) hardware when used in conjunction with overclocking. Here's a compiled list of them https://github.com/masagrator/NXGraphicsPatches

Funny enough you have situations like the Switch version of Crash Team Racing being the only place where you can find it running at 60fps.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
if you mod your Switch is there an easy way to go back on forth your saves on PC and the Switch ? Only reason I'd still rather play on the console instead.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Available here https://github.com/yuzuMods/yuzuMods/tree/master/mods/paper-mario-the-origami-king

Framerate mods are an increasingly common mod type for Switch games, even more so than they were for Wii U games. I imagine partly because they're usable on actual (modded) hardware when used in conjunction with overclocking. Here's a compiled list of them https://github.com/masagrator/NXGraphicsPatches

Funny enough you have situations like the Switch version of Crash Team Racing being the only place where you can find it running at 60fps.

you made this thread today once before and it was closed?!

www.resetera.com

yuzu (Switch emulator) running Paper Mario: The Origami King - 60fps mod in progress

60 FPS mod gameplay footage Ryujinx (another Switch emulator) also able to run the game

because the topic is already covered:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Several games also have 60fps mods already, including Xenoblade and Astral Chain. Fire Emblem has it too, but the last time I checked it was running at double speed. It looks like we're still far away from running these games at buttery smooth 60fps though.

It's always interesting to see how these emulators are progressing each week/month. At the end of Switch's lifespan, most of the games would be fully playable at 4k/60fps.

OP
OP
jediyoshi

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
you made this thread today once before and it was closed?!

www.resetera.com

yuzu (Switch emulator) running Paper Mario: The Origami King - 60fps mod in progress

60 FPS mod gameplay footage Ryujinx (another Switch emulator) also able to run the game

because the topic is already covered:

This mod works on actual hardware and isn't a topic covered in that thread. Separate topics. Whatever happened to new news, new thread, anyway?

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Several games also have 60fps mods already, including Xenoblade and Astral Chain. Fire Emblem has it too, but the last time I checked it was running at double speed. It looks like we're still far away from running these games at buttery smooth 60fps though.

It's always interesting to see how these emulators are progressing each week/month. At the end of Switch's lifespan, most of the games would be fully playable at 4k/60fps.
Even CTR can be played at 60 with a modded Switch or Emulatoe. Funny enough that it's the only way since they're locked at 30 on PS4 and Xbone.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Probably for plugging his own YouTube channel

Yep. They've said it is their channel in other threads.

This mod was released a few hours ago, there are no other videos of it.

It's just a bad look to be making threads for your own YouTube videos, without mentioning in the OP that this is your own channel being promoted. On top of the fact you already made this thread and it was locked.

It is cool shit. So, I'm not saying you are purposefully being shady. But, it kinda reads like that.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There can be large image quality compromises with these 60 fps patches but that doesn't look like its the case with this game. So good.

Edit - I just realized that's a Yuzu video and not from a Switch. I spoke too soon in that case and will need to see it on native hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.