• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Remember when these kinds of headlines came from The Onion articles?

I mean how fucking low you can fall?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Would you look at that, more black children being perceived as adults.

The grossly telling thing is this officer apparently thinks he's somehow deserving of a cookie for baring the burden of sleep apnea without throwing a tantrum completely expected of a fitful toddler.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any self-respecting American should be ashamed of the flag that continuously pledge themselves to with gusto and without reservation.

ps3ud0 8)

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To cops, black people age in dog years. That child is actually a 42 year old woman.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm posting in this thread and then I'm immediately unwatching it. This is too depressing to think about

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Police officers need to get over themselves, they aren't trained to help children that are acting out because they're tired, hungry, whatever. And also wtf?!!?

Edit: And we all know that had this been a white 6 year old girl this never would have happened. That's white privilege in action.

Last edited:

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Hey guys dont be mentioning privileges around here else some may get uncomfortable, even mad about it.

Terrible story. This is so sad what is currently happening in this country. I hope this doesn't cause the little one trauma in the future.

jadjei

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah this is wrong. I remember when I was young I think I was either 10-12, there was a similar case (saw this on T.V. wasn't there personally). A little black girl was misbehaving and they had some guy put her in handcuffs and basically remove her out of the room while crying.

This was caught all on camera and I knew this was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on why. My sister told me it was the right thing to do she was misbehaving. I responded by saying she will carry this experience for a long time and it would affect in a bad way.

Looking back at this now, I understand if those girls weren't black they probably wouldn't be arrested. Also these two cases and probably more are an example of how society sees/treat black children as criminals at a young age. This could have been handle in a better way.

Last edited:

Marengo

Oct 28, 2017
Fucking ridiculous.

DKa4.gif

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
C'mon. Handcuffs? HANDCUFFS?!?

I know kids can be a pain (I have three awesome, obnoxious boys) but you're an adult. A grown up. You can handle this discreetly, without coming across as a jump-the-gun racist. Man alive, be better.

I hope there is serious reprimand for this, because the humiliation that poor girl was made to suffer will echo for some time.

All kinds of messed up, that story, but I gotta ask, what's a school resource officer? Is it normal to have a cop at a school for kids "kindergarten through fifth grade"?

America. Yes, we need cops at schools more than ever.

We may even need to construct a new arm of security to protect against the cops as well

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is why people laugh at you, Flordia.

I didn't even know cuffs could fit a 6 year old. What a depressing story.

Livetohard378

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Sounds like America..looks closer.. Florida....

Can we trade them for the bermuda triangle?

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
I was so livid when I saw this. I can't believe this is the kind of society that we live in. Even if she punched another kid in the face, there should be on site staff and mental health services to handle the situation, not the fucking police!

Yeah the school psychologist is the one to address this situation, not the fucking cops. What a joke of a school

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that works in an airport, do you know how many grown adults throw tantrums and nothing happens?

hell, I'll bet my life the people responsible for arresting a child for throwing a tantrum voted for the 70 year old tantrum thrower in 2016

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Yet 40 year old Trump Jr is still a kid and should be shown some leniency for breaking the law.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Planet. You meant planet.

I guess you're not wrong, but I must reiterate that stories this extreme pop up in the US more than any other place. I would be discriminated against in my home country too if I weren't as pasty white as I happen to be, but I don't expect I would have to worry about kindergarteners being arrested for having a tantrum.

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Wonder whose gonna come in to this thread and try and tell us we're wrong for not trusting the police this week.

ACAB.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
"Orlando Police Department officials said Rolle was one of two children Turner arrested that day, the other was 8 years old. Per department policy, officers are required to seek approval from their watch commander before arresting anyone under 12, but according to Sgt. David Baker, Turner didn't do that.
An internal investigation into the arrests is ongoing
."

One of two children aren't that day, WTF? If the officer didn't follow required procedure, surely this arrest will be thrown out. Awful situation, and I hope the law works in their favor.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
'Well, I have sleep apnea, and I don't behave like that,'" Kirkland told WKMG.

I'm sorry but I laughed hard at the absurdity of this statement. How does this come out of a grown man's mouth. Is he fucking stupid?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
A 6 YO has trouble controlling emotional reaction anyway... add the irritability of being exhausted from her condition, and it doesn't take a tiny bit of thought to understand.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
FYI, this same idiot arrested a 8-year old as well in the same day.

And both arrest weren't approved by his commander, which he's supposed to do per policy arresting anyone under the age of 12.
The Orlando Police Department told the station Rolle was one of two children Officer Dennis Turner arrested that day; the other was 8-years-old. Turner reportedly didn't seek approval from his watch commander before arresting anyone under the age of 12, per department policy.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
One of two children aren't that day, WTF? If the officer didn't follow required procedure, surely this arrest will be thrown out. Awful situation, and I hope the law works in their favor.

The judge will find something, he can't tell what, just something he can just tell by pure intuition. Something you can see just by looking at these children, to give a reason for them to be thrown into the system