• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I like how all of Michael Bay's movies feel like a Burger King commercial parodying a blockbuster movie.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I watched the whole trailer to be sure.. how you gonna make a movie called this and not include the Sneaker Pimps song in the trailer?! It better be in the movie somewhere......

Looks like a lot of plot points, to say the least. Probably trash but I'm cautiously interested.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know plot is inconsequential in a Bay movie, but it's impressive that a 3 minute trailer can manage to convey almost nothing of what the movie is about.

Also, it's increasingly crazy that we're getting movies like this and The Irishman going straight to Netflix.

Deleted member 33515

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
looks super generic and as trailers go this one's sure a mess. but hey, a free Michael Bay movie. might be entertaining.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
I know plot is inconsequential in a Bay movie, but it's impressive that a 3 minute trailer can manage to convey almost nothing of what the movie is about.

Also, it's increasingly crazy that we're getting movies like this and The Irishman going straight to Netflix.
6 elite soldiers declared or left for dead use their skills and anonymity to kill "bad guys" that's about as thick as any Michael Bay plot gets, still looks fun though.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

Not to defend Bay plots, but it's pretty clear it's a mercenary group of people that faked their own deaths and now go around taking out bad people.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
"If they exist, they can be made not to."

Brilliant writing. Every shot in the trailer was classic Bay trash. It's on Netflix though, so I'm in.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
So weird to see my own city (Taranto) featured in a Netflix trailer for an american-based production XD

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

From what I can gather, a bunch of ex-military faked their deaths to operate outside of government jurisdiction and kill some crime lords, and the government found out and now they're dodging the government while pulling off their biggest crime lord kill

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
Netflix has this, Marriage Story, and My Name is Dolemite coming up. And people said D+ was going to kill off Netflix. LOL. Keep bringing the diverse entertainment options, Netflix, and I'll keep choosing you over the competition.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Saw this earlier, and I didn't even read that its a Bay film nor did I need to to recognize that it is. Dutch angles, American Military, Sun Glare, this 3 minute trailer was more Michael Bay then the entirety of Bad Boys 2 or even the Island. Looking forward to it.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Weird looking back to when Bright came out a couple of years ago and people were amazed that Netflix would pony up $90m for a film that wouldn't see a big theatrical release and yet here we are a couple of years later with films nearly doubling that.

Kitten Mittens

Banned
Dec 11, 2018
On IMDB the synopsis is: Six billionaires fake their own deaths and form an elite vigilante squad in order to take down notorious criminals.

In the writers' credits, I see Deadpool and Zombieland. Yeah, I'm in for sure.

I saw Dolemite Is My Name (easy to get the title mixed up) at Fantastic Fest and it's amazing. You're in for a treat.

I can not wait for that one. The cast is crazy good.

Deleted member 11069

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On IMDB the synopsis is: Six billionaires fake their own deaths and form an elite vigilante squad in order to take down notorious criminals.

In the writers' credits, I see Deadpool and Zombieland. Yeah, I'm in for sure.

I can not wait for that one. The cast is crazy good.

That billionaire thing makes it actually a fun twist but NOTHING of that was visible in the trailer. Should have been a more interesting cast of old/fat/whatever rich dorks.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Out of all the Netflix dumb blockbuster type attempts, this is the first that actually looks like a film I'd see in theatres.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I didn't see the cast so for the first minute I though Ryan Reynolds was actually Ben Affleck.

Wasn't really interested enough to finish the trailer though I guess if it's on Netflix I'll give it a watch. It looks painfully formulaic though.

It keeps being weird how Michael Bay was this great prodigious film director who perfected a unique style of action movie filming and then somewhere around, I dunno, Pearl Harbor went, fuck it, I'm going to phone in every single movie of mine for the next two decades.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Anyone remember the song by Sneaker Pimps? Absolutely one of the best things to have come out of the 90's.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
That billionaire thing makes it actually a fun twist but NOTHING of that was visible in the trailer. Should have been a more interesting cast of old/fat/whatever rich dorks.
Probably just means they can get any tech and gear they want, and make absurd plans happen due to money

Basically a vigilante movie where the vigilantes have the operating budget of a few countries combined

Nimurai

Oct 28, 2017
What the FUCK is that music? Makes me want to Van Gogh my fucking ears off... BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLABLA!!!

That aside, this looks like dumb fun, especially if Ryan Reynolds add some charisma to all the stupidity. Usually the difference between fun and garbage Bay movies, they need someone to add some soul to it since Michael Bay has none.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
This looks fun and actiony, plus being on Netflix means I'll watch it.

"6 Underground" is a classic song. Almost timeless.