• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
What y'all got? Mine is Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. Such a beautiful game and really fun levels. FF7R Intergrade is a close runner up though (I know it came out last year but the 60fps patch and the intermission made it feel new for me)

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017
Returnal easily, R&C was great too but just didn't find it as hooking as Returnal.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018
Chicory: A Colorful Tale. Ys IX is second. Then probably Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
  1. Disco Elysium Final Cut 9.5
  2. Resident Evil Village 9
  3. Hitman 3 8.5
Not a great year for me

GraphicViolets

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
so far its SNKRX. I wanted people to take the features of autochess and do something interesting with it and this is it. its a roguelike snake game with classes and synergies and abilities. its only 3$ too

One that could surpass it for me but i'm still early on is Wildermyth. Its a ttrpg like rpg with lots of random events that make each character gain a life of their own. Its like if a game like FTL or XCOM leaned into the random events that influence things.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Returnal is hands down GOTY. R&C Rift Apart is also amazing (and absolutely king of graphics at the moment), but Returnal is something special.

SlimeKnight

Jan 2, 2018
Between Hitman 3 and Monster Hunter Rise for me. 3D World + Bowser's Fury as well if ports count. I'm almost finished with Ratchet and don't see it coming close to my top three.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
It Takes Two for sure. And then probably Ratchet.

But I'm not counting stuff like Mario 3D World and Mass Effect Trilogy.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Ratchet and Clank, but I haven't played Returnal yet and I think that might be my jam as well.

Otherwise kind of meh for me so far.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
It Takes Two and Monster Hunter Rise I'd say

Bowsers Fury was awesome as well, but it was a 2 hour experience so I cant really count that one :P

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Ender Lilies. Absolutely fantastic metroidvania. Might be my 2nd-favorite now after Hollow Knight. Fantastic soundtrack by Mili. Great art. Tons of versatility in combat due to lots of weapons and sub-weapons you unlock over the course of the game. Loved exploring and trying to find everything in the game.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SoT in general just keeps delivering. A Pirate's Life has so much love and detail - the replication of the ride is fantastic.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RE Village, Disco Elysium will probably top it if I can ever get back to my second playthrough.

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Ghosts N Goblins: Resurrection maybe 2nd for me

(Not counting remasters or ports, just purely new 2021 games)

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Famicom Detective Club

Other than MH Rise it's been a very slow 2021 for me, though it's going to heat up pretty quick over the next few months. I'll probably grab Resident Evil whenever I get a PS5 and love it, but that'll be awhile away.

May 14, 2021
160 hours later, I say Returnal. It's my GOTY for sure but until they add a save mechanism, I hope it wins zero awards.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It Takes Two but I haven't finished Ratchet yet so I'll reconsider once I'm done.

If it wasn't a remaster it'd be Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Returnal is looking good right now. Rift Apart was fantastic but essentially more of the same. If we get to count PS5 patches then maybe Ghost of Tsushima? Outriders is finally in good enough to shape to be a contender in my book.

I haven't played RE8 yet as I refuse to play it till its in VR.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I just realized how few new games I've played. I guess Nier: Replicant since that's the only notable new release I've actually put time into.