• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
That's the entire riot team? Thought it would be way more than 57 people. Police are not actually equipped to handle riots at all then lol.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Wait... what?
57 (FIFTY SEVEN) people resigned because the cops who pushed and critically injured an elderly man, got a slap on the wrist, and they feel bad... for the cops?
Huh.
same ones that did this the day before:
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJibmNvcmUiLCJrZXkiOiJ3cC1jb250ZW50XC91cGxvYWRzXC8yMDIwXC8wNlwvY29wc19rbmVlbC5qcGciLCJtYXgiOiIiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJyZXNpemUiOnsid2lkdGgiOjY2MCwiaGVpZ2h0Ijo0MjAsImZpdCI6ImNvdmVyIn19fQ==

Oct 25, 2017
Even before they attacked a 75 year old man and left him to die on the ground, did people actually feel good when they saw a bunch of cops kneeling like that? The image of a cop putting their knee down brings to mind a certain incident that was in the news recently, for me at least.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
The thread title really needs to be updated. That article's headline is very misleading too.
They quit the Emergency Response Team Unit in protest, they did not resign from the force.

The very least that should happen is that they are all fired without recompense, and blacklisted from ever working in law enforcement again; but there should be greater consequences than this.

ACAB because "the good ones" don't stay cops long. They're lucky if the worst that happens is wrongful termination.
As this incident shows, there are no "bad apples" in the force - the entire institution is rotten to its core.

just to remind people, these are also the same officers that took a knee 24 hours before
It's all just copaganda to them. They don't care.
And you'll note that they didn't even go as far as to take a knee with protestors like some departments - it was only cops there, and staged for the cameras.
EDIT: They did in fact kneel across from protestors - I had only seen photos from an angle that only showed the cops. Not that it matters.

Last edited:

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Fine.

Those cops can fuck off and not reapply elsewhere. Show solidarity for the people who need it, not your creepy police cult.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
The police fucking up the old white man is what finally pushed my mother to consider that maybe there are some bad cops, and then all these cops supporting them is making her finally think about the fact there might be systemic issues. As I told my mother that this is the police on their good behavior since they know they are being watched.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017

Saw this in the other thread. Comes down to money, the union says they won't provide legal counsel to the cops who might get sued during the protests.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Fine.

Those cops can fuck off and not reapply elsewhere. Show solidarity for the people who need it, not your creepy police cult.

Cult is a perfect way to put it. To all the people who get their dander up about people saying ACAB because of all the "good cops" out there, this exact shit is why people say it at all. Police seem to basically consider themselves divine and above reproach and mainstream media reinforces that idea in their head with every piece of copaganda. Like how mind-boggling is it that in so much cop media, Internal Affairs, the people meant to put checks and balances on police behavior and prevent corruption and abuses of power are depicted as the bad guys or blunderers who get in the way of "real police work"?

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The thread title really needs to be updated. That article's headline is very misleading too.
They quit the Emergency Response Team Unit in protest, they did not resign from the force.

The very least that should happen is that they are all fired without recompense, and blacklisted from ever working in law enforcement again; but there should be greater consequences than this.

ACAB because "the good ones" don't stay cops long. They're lucky if the worst that happens is wrongful termination.
As this incident shows, there are no "bad apples" in the force - the entire institution is rotten to its core.

It's all just copaganda to them. They don't care.
And you'll note that they didn't even go as far as to take a knee with protestors like some departments - it was only cops there, and staged for the cameras.
Yeah, the very few incidents I come across like that, the cop doing the right thing has been fired. It's been clear for awhile that it's not bad apples, but often common expected behavior.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017

That Guy

Nov 13, 2017
So let me get this straight.

A couple of criminals (for lack of a better term) push a 75 year old man onto the pavement, his head cracks on the pavement and there's blood visibly coming from his head as he appears to lose consciousness

Over twenty of these criminals' buddies walk by and see the injured old man and ignore him completely

The group publicly lies about the incident, saying the old man 'tripped' to avoid any blame. They most likely would have gotten away with it too...if there wasn't video evidence of the incident

Now the criminals' accomplices resigned from a team but are still employed and being paid in protest against their criminal buddies getting punished

Firstly, these criminals need to be charged with physical assault at the very least, the old man could have easily died. Secondly all these 57 accomplices need to be fired, since they clearly support unwarranted physical assault on innocent people.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Lets do another fun before and after shall we, because I cannot stress it enough:

7xxV89U.png

Last edited:

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
When I say ACAB, I really mean it.
Yep. Cops themselves, the people who knew these pathetic pricks as co-workers, should have been the first ones to speak up about ripping off their badges. "Good cops" should have never accepted any of the"he tripped" narrative and it shouldn't have required two videos from two different angles to force them to tell the truth. The "good cops" in that line should have instantly went to assist the man one of their own just assaulted. People need to stop pretending "good cops" count for anything if they stay silent or outright excuse or defend unequivocally horrible behavior like this. Nobody has the time to give a fuck about some random "good cop's" feelings when they aren't even putting up even a rice grain's worth of the same effort black and brown people put in to hold police accountable at a level that matches the power we give them. They have zero legs to stand on when protesters care more about protecting and serving this old man & the multitude of other people we've seen being brutalized than the institution that we pay to do that job.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
It bothers me that 50+ people can behave so poorly in unison, when the root incident was one where they are so clearly IN THE WRONG. It was an old man, whom they pushed and he cracked his head and bled on the floor. They waltzed over him without helping.

A couple of them quitting is one thing but all 50?? It's basically a whole basket of rotten apples, and the "good" ones, if any, are meek as fuck and don't want to be the odd ones out.

I don't believe phrases like ACAB are productive. We need serious reform in policing — from hiring, training, promotions, equipment, salary and more. This is awful and it's not a coincidence that multiple police forces in different states.. perhaps all states.. have similar problem dynamics.

REFORM.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
help me understand:

we are being told that bad police are rare bad apples and we should still trust the cops? even after we have videos from almost every city this week showing police break procedure, laws, and worse? even when swathes of cops will enforce this code of silence for their peers when visibly in the wrong on tape?

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
Former friend of mine was ranting up and down on how he watched that vid and there was "no way the man was pushed" and any punishment was bullshit... I can't fathom how someone can be so blind.

But apparently there are at least 57 more that are as well.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
I don't think it'd be too difficult for certain peoples to dig out all those 57 names, address and photos....
If ever there was a time of doxxing to be a force for good it is now.
Camp their houses, flood their socials, just bury those fvcks in condemnation.

TeddyShardik

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Make them actually protest and lose their pay, pension and other benefits (you know, like free for all murder against Americans with a dark skin tone).

Fuck all of them.
I hope they will be fired. Into the head with a legally owned firearm.

Oops! Did I say the quiet part out loud?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
help me understand:

we are being told that bad police are rare bad apples and we should still trust the cops? even after we have videos from almost every city this week showing police break procedure, laws, and worse? even when swathes of cops will enforce this code of silence for their peers when visibly in the wrong on tape?

Yep. It's a system that is inherently irrational and has to be to perpetuate it's irrational mandate of being an arm of the status quo specifically for the purpose of oppressing the marginalized and protecting a select few. In the US we've been propagandizing law enforcement and deifying the job for decades. To be a cop in this country is to inherently be seen as being noble; after all surely you must be brave and righteous if you choose to take on the risky duty of fighting against the criminal element. Cops are automatically considered deserving of respect and too few people consider that just passing a police exam and training shouldn't be enough to be considered heroic or noble and that behavior and actions are what should reveal if someone is worthy of respect.

This indoctrination produces a culture & society that doesn't expect a level of responsibility from officers that is equal to the power we give them. Rather they're seen as deserving their power and authority and are allowed to use it anyway they wish to "deter" crime. "We're protecting citizens out there so we have the right to cross whatever lines we want & if you restrict us, you're just letting the criminals run rampant! You know you don''t have any other recourse for protection from murderers and rapists so you should stay out of our fucking way/obey our every word!" is internalized by cops and in turn the entire system. Suddenly policing is not about protection of citizens but is instead a war against criminals and those who enable criminals by making the job of cops "harder".

This is what you end up with when these elements are allowed to stew for generations. Rather than recruiting people who value communication, empathy and protection, the institution ends up drawing in people who desire violence and who want to go to war and want unchecked power that they can use to brutalize and abuse. In war you never surrender to your enemies, or admit fault, or show mercy. Your enemies don't get to dictate the rules in war. In war you dominate. You crush and destabilize. You pull out the big guns and use them indiscriminately. You only protect your soldiers while casualties are unavoidable and expected.

It's sickening and disturbing and the very reason why so many people are seriously considering the argument to abolish police. Because the institution has warped itself like this and have ingrained these values of violence and noble warfare so deeply into every pore of the justice system.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," Evans said. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."

Cops: I was just following orders, I had no choice.
Also Cops: I always had the choice of not being on this squad without losing my job.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Holding these fucks accountable is going to be so difficult to manage. Itll probably take supermajorities and luck on top of just continued protests.

Look at how the union reacts, and how a portion of the bootlicking racist country immediately defends them.

If we do manage to get reform passed, theres going to be MASSIVE turnover across the country for police because I reckon a fucking shitload of them aren't compatible with doing the job properly. I legit dont think they have it in them. Either a ton will quit after noticing that accountability isn't going to work with their bullshit usual tactics, or theyll just end up getting prosecuted for brutality by the dozens countrywide for decades until it slowly drains the swamp.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess now they learn they're not allowed to hurt and brutalise people their reason for joining the riot squad is gone, so they resigned, huh? Fuck all of them. All this tells me is they are scum and should all be fired.