• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
5ZdiRbvxdz75PDBcxNwPD7-650-80.jpg

A new limited edition guitar manufactured by ESP and designed by Takamizawa Toshihiko, who plays with the long-running Japanese rock band the Alfee, has been put up for sale.

According to Neo-Tokyo 2099, the model was created with the support of Toho—the studio behind Godzilla—and was designed to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the movie monster. Features include an alder body, a three-piece hard maple neck and an ebony fingerboard. There's also a Floyd Rose bridge, Gotoh tuners and a single EMG-85 pickup.

The Godzilla guitar will be available in an extremely limited run of five examples, with a price tag of 5.55 million yen (approx. $51,600). Orders are available from today, August 7 through September 30.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My birthdays comin up if anyone loves me ^_^

Edit: actually nvm that looks like a nightmare to play

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i thought it was gonna be about the guitar used when recording Blue Oyster Cult's hit single, "Godzilla", about the eponymous movie monster

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
That looks like shit tho

Before clicking this thread I had an awesome picture in my head where Godzilla's head was the body and his atomic breath was the neck and then I see this garbage.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
That looks like shit tho

Before clicking this thread I had an awesome picture in my head where Godzilla's head was the body and his fire breath was the neck and then I see this garbage.
I know right, it's such a fucking no brainer i think the designer went out of their way not to do it. The neck just looks like a huge turd

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy for 1% of that price. ESP are ok, but I'd never spend much over a few hundred on one in all honesty, and even then you can get a better sound and feel for the same or less.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The ALFEE's guitarist Takamizawa is a collector of crazy guitars. Like this one:

0dbff36c208574be1280d27f31377378.jpg

And this one:
nam85ny01ed6n6m1.jpg