• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
What baffles me with all these negative posters is that it's clear they fail to read the word "SELECT".

No one is replacing an entire side, so the cries of "sexism" or "discrimination" from these responses, because of what 505 is doing today, are pointless.

Last edited:

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't fail to read it, they chose to ig ore it and they also willingly choose to be total assholes and ignorant. They are pretty much just worth ignoring
What baffles me with all these negative posters is that it's clear they fail to read the word "SELECT".

No one is replacing an entire side, so the criesof "sexism" or "discrimination" from these redponders, because of what 505 is doing today, are pointless.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Why even give these fools the exposure they don't deserve. I never want to see those faces again.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
"Ya know, I wasn't that bothered but then my wife pointed out that it's discriminating and I see her point! Man what a gal! I also have like three girl gamer friends that texted me this morning to share their disappointment with 505. So take that, liberals!"

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good lord a lot of guys have the most fragile of egos.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
URjAZxN.png

he has to be trolling right? right?

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So pathetic. So many men are just an absolute embarrassment.

GamerDadMAGA with the damage control. I feel like with just a bit more push back GamerDadMAGA will throw out an "I have a daughter" tweet.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Good. Bigoted cunts get fucked. Insecure misogynistic shitheads.

Yes, but no one is a lost cause. I hope as society continues to move forward and (in the gaming industry specifically) game developers continue to embrace openness and equality that these folks can educate themselves on why exactly their viewpoints are so awful and see real, personal change. For their own betterment, if not for the betterment of those around them.

Things are looking up and moving forward, it's too bad this is still somehow an issue.

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but no one is a lost cause. I hope as society continues to move forward and (in the gaming industry specifically) game developers continue to embrace openness and equality that these folks can educate themselves on why exactly their viewpoints are so awful and see real, personal change. For their own betterment, if not for the betterment of those around them.

Things are looking up and moving forward, it's too bad this is still somehow an issue.

I appreciate your positive viewpont on this but there are some people that are so far out there that they cannot be swayed by anything no matter how wrong their position is. How should we treat those lost causes? That's the difficult part of the conundrum.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I appreciate your positive viewpont on this but there are some people that are so far out there that they cannot be swayed by anything no matter how wrong their position is. How should we treat those lost causes? That's the difficult part of the conundrum.

I just don't subscribe to that point of view - I strongly believe everyone can change and see the error in their previously-held viewpoints if educated in the correct way. Some people may require more professional help, but if ex-KKK members can leave, get help, and then denounce it as a hate group...then anyone can change for the better. I believe it's incredibly unlikely that the average person holds an opinion so deeply engraved that it becomes an infallible part of them.

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't subscribe to that point of view - I strongly believe everyone can change and see the error in their previously-held viewpoints if educated in the correct way. Some people may require more professional help, but if ex-KKK members can leave, get help, and then denounce it as a hate group...then anyone can change for the better. I believe it's incredibly unlikely that the average person holds an opinion so deeply engraved that it becomes an infallible part of them.

Even people like Trump, Bannon, Ben Shapiro or Milo Yannowhatwashisname?

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Even people like Trump, Bannon, Ben Shapiro or Milo Yannowhatwashisname?

Well, I'm not sure I'd lump them in the "average person" category I mentioned...but yes, I believe if they received the correct type and amount of professional help that they could also see the error of their ways, as monumental an undertaking as that would be.

It may be naive of me, but it makes me a happier person to assume that no one is irredeemable and to want the best for everyone.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
You'll always get comments like those, that's the internet, but it's just a small noisy group
ehhhh, big enough to influence the results of a presidential election. also if i went up to pretty much any male at my job and asked them if this was sexist, they would probably all say it was. insecurity runs deep.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm not sure I'd lump them in the "average person" category I mentioned...but yes, I believe if they received the correct type and amount of professional help that they could also see the error of their ways, as monumental an undertaking as that would be.

It may be naive of me, but it makes me a happier person to assume that no one is irredeemable and to want the best for everyone.

I may be too disgruntled and disillusioned to adopt that viewpoint. But keep that attitude. We probably really need more people with a mindset like yours and not mine if we want to see those problems gone in the future days.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
I may be too disgruntled and disillusioned to adopt that viewpoint. But keep that attitude. We probably really need more people with a mindset like yours and not mine if we want to see those problems gone in the future days.

Cheers. As is the case in a lot of things, education is key. We need to never pass up an opportunity to educate, which is why things like what 505 Games are doing is great even if it does lead to some vitriol.

grunkleFungus

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
NC, US
What does toxic masculinity of straight men have to do with it?
This is not a display of that, don't write by buzzwords.

Think of it like this. Cishet toxic masculinity focuses on women as objects and useful for only a few things. When women are acknowledged as full people and given the same opportunities as those toxic men have, they immediately get angry and have to inflict their anger on other people. Harassment, abuse, violence in some cases. Toxic masculinity promotes the idea of inflicting your anger on others rather than dealing with bad feelings in a healthy way. These guys aren't asking themselves why this makes them so uncomfortable, they're pissed that women are being treated as more than fleshlights and mommies. I don't know many good resources to explain it, but that's what I understand anyway.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm a cynical bastard, but I was expecting so much worse from some of the responses.

I was fully expecting some to start talking about a boycott.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like to believe many tweets are just troll farms to sew division. To think people are really like that makes me sad.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Of course, the predictable ass screeching from the usual crowd. Giving someone else, besides the overwhelmingly large cache of white males, a chance in the spotlight is not a bad thing.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
Well it is pretty messed up that they only allowed women to watch the streams.

What's that? They didn't restrict who could watch the streams at all? Well then what's the problem?