• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
0EKVzAT.png

US Listing: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/xbox

I've yet to open my copy as I'm in the midst of catching up with the series (playing AC4 at the moment) but it's great to see that, between this and the (franchise) record breaking UK chart, folk are more than ready to fly some jets.

Some other regional positioning...
  • Canada - 6th
  • UK - 4th
  • Mexico - 35th
  • Germany - 8th
  • France - 2nd
AC7 also debuted with 202k copies in Japan, best since AC4: https://gematsu.com/2019/01/media-create-sales-1-14-19-1-20-19
Glad to see that the game is doing well. I'm enjoying my time with the game.

Last edited:

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Been really good seeing this game succeed (200k first week in Japan, up on previous titles in the UK). Wasn't sure there was still a market for this type of thing, very happy that there is.

Faboo

Banned
Sep 18, 2018
I was almost considering buying a console specifically for this game but logic took control and I am currently waiting excitedly for the PC launch next Friday. AC 4 was one of my absolute favourite games and I'm very pleased that the franchise is getting more recognition.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The Mexico placement was surprising to me with how low it was compared to the other regions I checked. Did the game release later there? Bad price conversion? No proper localisation?

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Nice to see, apart from the one or two really frustrating games that i had to bang my head against some the game has been a good time. Mission 13 oh man did it fuck with me, currently at mission 18 in AC 7.

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
0EKVzAT.png

US Listing: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/top-paid/games/xbox

I've yet to open my copy as I'm in the midst of catching up with the series (playing AC4 at the moment) but it's great to see, between this and the (franchise) record breaking UK chart, that folk are more than ready to fly some jets.

Some other regional positioning...
  • Canada - 6th
  • UK - 4th
  • Mexico - 35th
  • Germany - 8th
  • France - 2nd
You're playing through 3 other entries in the series before the new one? That's a recipie for burn out and making your experience worse with AC7 than better.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
This makes me so happy. I only played 4 a couple years ago and was totally engrossed with it. I played the first couple missions of 7, but then decided to fire up my PS4 copy of 5 first.

I love seeing this game do well while staying so true to the DNA of the best in the series. 7 literally feels like a cross between 4 and 5.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Awesome, really hoped this would do well for Aces.

I'll be adding to the figures when it hits PC next week.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a fucking good game. Most of the complaints you see are from people surprised by and not used to the now-retro style of gameplay. The game doesn't hold your hand nearly as much as modern style games do.

Hopefully we will see Ace Combat 8 in the next few years. Hopefully being Unreal Engine 4 and having these assets made will lead to a shorter turnaround time.

Oct 27, 2017
I really would like to know how this game managed to sell so well with barely any marketing worldwide.

It's a fantastic game and probably already a contender to be in my Top 5 for the year, but still really curious.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
With recent sales from Monster Hunter, Nier port, Ace Combat etc..

It is obvious Xbox fans are hungry for Japanese games. That's cool to see!